PDA

View Full Version : Young: sources tell @ExpressNews that Kawhi Leonard wants to be traded from Spurs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75

Spurs da champs
07-17-2018, 11:15 PM
OG changed his IG profile pic too.
The old one was of him in a Raptor jersey?

NickiRasgo
07-17-2018, 11:16 PM
Damn. I'm starting to like OG Anunoby's game.

Spurs da champs
07-17-2018, 11:16 PM
OG has a badass name, Kawhi's frame, & with Spurs development might be the next Kawhi.

BatManu20
07-17-2018, 11:17 PM
The Toronto thing would be over picks IMO. DeRozan & OG are obviously musts in the package, but they're probably going back & forward about how many picks the Spurs would want (I'd imagine 2 first rounders or Siakam & a first rounder)

Seriously doubt we’d get that much tbh. I think it would be one protected pick at most (probably Top 10-12 protected).

And don’t think we’d get both OG and Siakim. It’d likely be DeMar + OG + Poeltl + a Pick for Kawhi + Pau. That’s my guess.

CGD
07-17-2018, 11:17 PM
I also saw the Wizards called about Leonard. If Beal is on the table you have to listen.

DPG21920
07-17-2018, 11:18 PM
My guess would be Danny in a deal - fully off the books next season.

rasuo214
07-17-2018, 11:19 PM
People talking shit about Fultz in one sentence but then demand he needs to be a part of the trade in another. Either acknowledge he has value or stop complaining that Philly won't trade him. I get why Philly is reluctant to trade him, just look at how valuable Tatum and Brown are. If Fultz has a good sophomore season he attains that level of value (if not more) as well.

Spurs da champs
07-17-2018, 11:21 PM
I think Fultz is a bust, but there's plenty of teams that need a PG, PHX being one of em, if Philly really wanted Kawhi, they would get a 3rd team involved to get an asset the Spurs actually covet, Fultz could get a young wing or lottery pick.

BatManu20
07-17-2018, 11:23 PM
Would suck to lose Danny tbh. His defense would be missed.

dabom
07-17-2018, 11:26 PM
Would suck to lose Danny tbh. His defense would be missed.

I don't mind moving from him.

Down Under
07-17-2018, 11:26 PM
Seriously doubt we’d get that much tbh. I think it would be one protected pick at most (probably Top 10-12 protected).

And don’t think we’d get both OG and Siakim. It’d likely be DeMar + OG + Poeltl + a Pick for Kawhi + Pau. That’s my guess.
You think Siakim is a better prospect than Poeltl? Or because Poeltl is a high floor, low ceiling guy.

marinoman
07-17-2018, 11:28 PM
I still think the spurs wont do anything til usa trainingcamp, no reason for any deal to get worse in a week or 2, if anything they will get better

DPG21920
07-17-2018, 11:30 PM
I still think the spurs wont do anything til usa trainingcamp, no reason for any deal to get worse in a week or 2, if anything they will get better

It’s definitely possible, but you run the risk of losing TOR as well. Will be interesting.

NickiRasgo
07-17-2018, 11:30 PM
Apparently, just saw before OG Anonuby was drafted is that he had a knee injury (ACL tear?).

DPG21920
07-17-2018, 11:31 PM

It’s definitely possible, but you run the risk of losing TOR as well. Will be interesting.

BatManu20
07-17-2018, 11:32 PM
You think Siakim is a better prospect than Poeltl? Or because Poeltl is a high floor, low ceiling guy.

I just don’t think Toronto would want to give up all 3 of their wings (DeMar, OG, Siakim). That’s a lot. Would make much more sense to give up Poeltl for Pau. Siakim has reportedly elevated his game this summer as well and I think the Raptors are excited about it.

BatManu20
07-17-2018, 11:33 PM
Apparently, just saw before OG Anonuby was drafted is that he had a knee injury (ACL tear?).

He tore his ACL in college. That January I believe. That’s why he slipped in the draft. Otherwise he would’ve gone much higher.

Down Under
07-17-2018, 11:34 PM
I just don’t think Toronto would want to give up all 3 of their wings (DeMar, OG, Siakim). Would make much more sense to give up Poeltl for Pau. Siakim has reportedly elevated his game this summer as well and I think the Raptors are excited about it.
True. Well If they offered those 3 & a first rounder for Kawhi & Pau, you'd probably take it

NickiRasgo
07-17-2018, 11:38 PM
He tore his ACL in college. That January I believe. That’s why he slipped in the draft. Otherwise he would’ve gone much higher.

But then, he still played despite with the history of his injury unlike you-know-who. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-17-2018, 11:41 PM
Patty is the one we should ship out to Toronto with him. Need that shit deal off the books

Spurs da champs
07-17-2018, 11:41 PM
PATFO playing with fire for a little too long here, just pull the damn trigger already, get OG & the scrubs coming with him acclimated before training camp.

Toronto's deal is clearly superior to any of the garbage Philly trades, I've seen here & in numerous articles.

baseline bum
07-17-2018, 11:43 PM
Seriously - PHI was my East team but they are cowards and fools and now I want them to go up in flames especially after dealing with PHI fans that say trading Fultz for Kawhi would be selling low on Fultz.

Getting an MVP level player and 2x DPOY is selling low. On Fultz. I hope PHI burns out so hard and all that tanking is derailed with this terrible, cowardly and quite frankly embarrassing off season.

I read it as Philly thinking the Spurs aren't serious about trading Leonard due to them not giving other teams permission to speak to him. And thus they don't want to put Fultz' name out there for something that can't happen yet. No GM is stupid enough to pick Markelle Fultz over Kawhi Leonard, especially when Leonard was hinting he'd be interested in returning there.

DPG21920
07-17-2018, 11:44 PM
I read it as Philly thinking the Spurs aren't serious about trading Leonard due to them not giving other teams permission to speak to him. And thus they don't want to put Fultz' name out there for something that can't happen yet. No GM is stupid enough to pick Markelle Fultz over Kawhi Leonard, especially when Leonard was hinting he'd be interested in returning there.

Nah - SA would let PHI talk to Kawhi as soon as a serious offer was made IMO. So it’s chicken vs egg

palangi
07-17-2018, 11:46 PM
My guess would be Danny in a deal - fully off the books next season.

If Danny Green is involved I think we get norman Powell back too.

dabom
07-17-2018, 11:48 PM
Patty is the one we should ship out to Toronto with him. Need that shit deal off the books

Can ya repugs fuck off? :lol

AaronY
07-17-2018, 11:49 PM
I know I have said it before, but I cannot understate how poor of an off season PHI has had and what idiots they are being in overrating their players and underrating Kawhi.

1. They lost to Boston 4-1 with no Kyrie or Hayward. Boston is getting those guys back at least for this year if not more.

2. They had to fire their GM because of burner accounts and alienating their star players (that evidently they value so high)

3. They lost Beli & Ersan

4. The guy they got to replace Ersan, Bjelica, just turned them down because he’d rather stay in Europe.

5. Despite their “core” they were snubbed by all the major free agents even though they had max cap space essentially.

6. Their one chance to change the fortune of their franchise is being blocked or not pursued because of Fultz. The guy they traded a first round pick AND Tatum for who not only had a injury but got the most bizarre case of the yips I have ever seen in any sport. He literally forgot how to shoot due to a mental block.

It is truly astounding how their front office blew up their chances seemingly. Not only did they whiff on any chance to truly improve, they actually got worse while at the same time alienating and creating an environment of distrust with the players they have to go all-in on now that resulted in them not having an actual GM in the most critical off-season they might ever face.

Bravo PHI. Bravo.
Their players are all young i mean simmons was a rookie. Jordan got swept his first few years in the playoffs. Shaq didnt even lead his team to the playoffs his rookie year and then the next season (Pennys rookie year) they got swept by the pacers

offset formation
07-17-2018, 11:49 PM
Just messing witcha. Agreed.

I love our kids, even though most of ST be hating. :lol

I want a star, but I am genuinely curious to see the growth our kids will have playing with the best player in the game. I think we are gonna shock some people. Peep these interesting stats from our 47 losses last year:

- 26 losses by < 10 points
- 13 losses by < 7 points
- 7 losses by < 4 points
- 4 losses by < 3 points

All this without a star who could close for us. Now the kids have a year under their belt and in Luke's offense. Like Tatum and Brown, now Kuz and Ingram get to play off of a star. All that attention LBJ will get? Our young guns have an opportunity to make strides.

We beat several playoff teams last year with the youngest roster in the league. Maginka is wise to not give up the farm (yet). Trade deadline might be another matter tho :lol

You arguably just lost your best player, tho. And took on a $40MM+ contract in return for the next 4 years for what will be a 34 year old player that's got to be coming out of his prime soon. You need another 2 stars to ring.

Could they already be on the roster? Maybe.
Are you paying them yet? No
And if you go after Kawhi next offseason, you're not going to have money to resign, Ingram, then Kuzma and Hart.

Tough choices are headed Maginkas way. Should have traded for Kawhi and killed two birds...

DPG21920
07-17-2018, 11:52 PM
Their players are all young i mean simmons was a rookie. Jordan got swept his first few years in the playoffs. Shaq didnt even lead his team to the playoffs his rookie year and then the next season (Pennys rookie year) they got swept by the pacers

I mean, Tatum was a rookie too. Jaylen is 2nd year. It’s not like BOS will age out. Their young core is just as impressive except they cashed in on vets too which PHI couldn’t do.

Spurs da champs
07-17-2018, 11:53 PM
I agree to an extent but the Celtics were also a young team. Tatum was a rookie & Brown was just in his 2nd year, really only main cog with experience in their playoff run was Al Horford.

offset formation
07-17-2018, 11:53 PM
Endor you uncultured swine. And wookiees are from Kashyyyk, not Endor.

Nerd.

BatManu20
07-17-2018, 11:55 PM

I wish. But I think Toronto would much rather have Pau than Patty, for obvious reasons, especially if they’re giving us Poeltl. If they were to land Kawhi, and he were to bolt next summer as expected, I think they would rather just start to rebuild early and not have any long contracts on the books.

Plus, if the Spurs’ goal is to remain competitive, which a trade with Toronto would signal, they’ll want to keep Patty around. Culture, locker room guy, championship experience, etc. They love him. There’s a reason he got that contract.

cutewizard
07-18-2018, 12:04 AM
Apparently OG changed his Twitter pic from him in a Raptors jersey to an old college pic......its happening? :lol

--------------------------------------------------------

:flag:

Mr. Body
07-18-2018, 12:08 AM
I mean, Tatum was a rookie too. Jaylen is 2nd year. It’s not like BOS will age out. Their young core is just as impressive except they cashed in on vets too which PHI couldn’t do.

Simmons and Embiid are way better than Tatum and Jaylen.

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 12:14 AM
Can y'all imagine what Kawhi's bank accounts look like? I guarantee Uncle has complete access to his money. It's probably a joint account. :lol
he's an authorized user on dennis' account

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 12:16 AM
You arguably just lost your best player, tho. And took on a $40MM+ contract in return for the next 4 years for what will be a 34 year old player that's got to be coming out of his prime soon. You need another 2 stars to ring.

And if you go after Kawhi next offseason, you're not going to have money to resign, Ingram, then Kuzma and Hart.

Tough choices are headed Maginkas way. Should have traded for Kawhi and killed two birds...

What?!
1.WE WILL HAVE Bird rights on our young guys we can keep who we want. Having any of them play well enough to earn a big deal that is a great problem to have.
2. Randle was not our best player but I agree he was the most productive.
3. I am with Lakerfan I wanna see our youth. Send him to Toronto... SPURS want to much.

Fusternino
07-18-2018, 12:17 AM
Really not interested in sending back Gasol to the Raptors. We're helping them out too much with their salary situation and for what? So that LMA/Poeltl are our only players at the 5? They can take Mills to match salary instead. Honestly, don't see how this deal helps either team.

apalisoc_9
07-18-2018, 12:17 AM
The disrespect Dennis is getting here is stupid.

Hes just doing whats best for his nephew.

Yall should be ashmed of yourselves.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-18-2018, 12:18 AM

Go EAD, Uncle Dennis.

99 Problems
07-18-2018, 12:19 AM
OG :flag::flag::flag::flag::bobo

Chillen
07-18-2018, 12:29 AM
I would not want to lose Gasol in a trade with Toronto. It's bad enough Spurs would be losing Kawhi but Gasol is friends with Jimmy Butler and that would help the Spurs chances of getting Butler to SA.

KDKSpurs24
07-18-2018, 12:29 AM
I really want OG and Siakam included. Spurs would have a very nice young core.

cool cat
07-18-2018, 12:32 AM
This nigga is pretty much dead to everyone here bar a couple of fanboys. Spurs fans are mentally prepared and more or less at peace with the inevitablity of his ass getting shipped out of town..

It is telling that we are cracking a jokes about this faggot instead of agonizing over the loss of a superstar/franchise player. The league has never seen a crumbling of a player reputation/status like the one we are witnessing with Kawhi..

At the end of the day will he be anymore then a footnote from our 5th championship?

BatManu20
07-18-2018, 12:37 AM
I would not want to lose Gasol in a trade with Toronto. It's bad enough Spurs would be losing Kawhi but Gasol is friends with Jimmy Butler and that would help the Spurs chances of getting Butler to SA.

Butler ain’t coming to SA brother... especially if we get DeMar.

Fusternino
07-18-2018, 12:37 AM
I guess I'd do Kawhi/Mills for DDR/OG/Siakam if that's the best we get offered. I'd just rather not tie up all that salary in DDR.

Are you serious about Gasol/Butler? Not sure we'd have much in the way of cap space next summer-especially because we would have DDR.

I'm still more inclined to trade with the Clippers.

Could we immediately move DDR to some other team? Hmmm . . .

BatManu20
07-18-2018, 12:40 AM
Doubt there’s any truth to it, but seen a handful of random posts on Twitter from people in Toronto that the deal they’re hearing doesn’t include DeMar.. that it’s centered around OG, Valenciunas, Wright, and multiple picks. I don’t buy it, but whatever, posting anyways.

Fusternino
07-18-2018, 12:45 AM
Doubt there’s any truth to it, but seen a handful of random posts on Twitter from people in Toronto that the deal they’re hearing doesn’t include DeMar.. that it’s centered around OG, Valenciunas, Wright, and multiple picks. I don’t buy it, but whatever, posting anyways.

LOL. Do they really expect us to take his salary?

Chillen
07-18-2018, 12:46 AM

No DeMar forget the deal just let Kawhi walk. Spurs at least need an all-star player back for a top 3 league player. It's Toronto's gamble here Spurs are giving up the best player in the trade.

Seventyniner
07-18-2018, 12:47 AM
I know I have said it before, but I cannot understate how poor of an off season PHI has had and what idiots they are being in overrating their players and underrating Kawhi.

1. They lost to Boston 4-1 with no Kyrie or Hayward. Boston is getting those guys back at least for this year if not more.

2. They had to fire their GM because of burner accounts and alienating their star players (that evidently they value so high)

3. They lost Beli & Ersan

4. The guy they got to replace Ersan, Bjelica, just turned them down because he’d rather stay in Europe.

5. Despite their “core” they were snubbed by all the major free agents even though they had max cap space essentially.

6. Their one chance to change the fortune of their franchise is being blocked or not pursued because of Fultz. The guy they traded a first round pick AND Tatum for who not only had a injury but got the most bizarre case of the yips I have ever seen in any sport. He literally forgot how to shoot due to a mental block.

It is truly astounding how their front office blew up their chances seemingly. Not only did they whiff on any chance to truly improve, they actually got worse while at the same time alienating and creating an environment of distrust with the players they have to go all-in on now that resulted in them not having an actual GM in the most critical off-season they might ever face.

Bravo PHI. Bravo.

Trust the process bro.

Mr. Body
07-18-2018, 12:48 AM

He makes almost exactly the same amount as Gasol and Gasol works better for us.

Dverde
07-18-2018, 12:48 AM
Spurs trade package is Kawhi and Danny Green. Low salary players like Brandon Paul may be included as filler. Pau or Mills only involved if there is a third team or if Ibaka is included. I wouldn’t be shocked if the Spurs end up giving them a draft pick in the deal.

offset formation
07-18-2018, 12:49 AM
I like to look at it as $6.5 mill/yr more than Pau.

No doubt he's overpaid but so is Pau. If he is still a strong defensive presence at the rim and still has the foot speed to switch on perimeter guys that's a massive upgrade over what current Pau brings on defense. That's a big if though and I'm not qualified to make that call since I don't watch TOR at all.

Not even close because Pau is only guaranteed $6MM in his last year.

Fusternino
07-18-2018, 12:50 AM
This is a bad deal for us if Green is included. I'm not going to let them dump over $30M in salary unless they give up more assets.

JPB
07-18-2018, 12:51 AM
What?!
1.WE WILL HAVE Bird rights on our young guys we can keep who we want. Having any of them play well enough to earn a big deal that is a great problem to have.
3. I am with Lakerfan I wanna see our youth. Send him to Toronto... SPURS want to much.

Poor Lakers fans... In a couple of weeks, from PG13/Lebron/Kawhi big 3 done deal to a bored, aging LeRetreat + the kids (overhyped LA style) + Javale and Lance who are are gonna "shock the world". But hope is the best seller, right ?

Spurs are asking and will get what they should for a top 3 NBA player in his prime that was a favorite for MVP this season. Lakers fans are getting the hope that their young players will develop into something... or not... with Lebron not getting any younger in a conference where he won't be able to coast himself to the finals vs all the Pacers or wizzards of the world.

Other team fans are caught in the moment and can't separate the drama from the player, which PATFO does. They know offers will come once the first round of observation has passed and other GMs understand RC and Pop are not panicking. The real talks haven't started yet and they will.

People will laugh their asses off in a few years evoking the name of players some GMS refused to give up for Kawhi... who ?

Props to the few Lakers fans who didn't get back to their shame hole after jizzing all over themselves at the beginning of free agency though.

Fusternino
07-18-2018, 12:54 AM
Poor Lakers fans... In a couple of weeks, from PG13/Lebron/Kawhi big 3 done deal to a bored, aging LeRetreat + the kids (overhyped LA style) + Javale and Lance who are are gonna "shock the world". But hope is the best seller, right ?

Spurs are asking and will get what they should for a top 3 NBA player in his prime that was a favorite for MVP this season. Lakers fans are getting the hope that their young players will develop into something... or not... with Lebron not getting any younger in a conference where he won't be able to coast himself to the finals vs all the Pacers or wizzards of the world.

Other team fans are caught in the moment and can't separate the drama from the player, which PATFO does. They know offers will come once the first round of observation has passed and other GMs understand RC and Pop are not panicking. The real talks haven't started yet and they will.

People will laugh their asses off in a few years evoking the name of players some GMS refused to give up for Kawhi... who ?

Props to the few Lakers fans who didn't get back to their shame hole after jizzing all over themselves at the beginning of free agency though.

This is really why I prefer Tobias to Ingram in a deal. He's already a much better player than Ingram. There's some security in a player with a higher floor.

vander
07-18-2018, 01:04 AM
Poor Lakers fans...

poor Laker fans, the best player falls in their lap, and another top 5ish player wants to abandon a rival team to join them.

cool cat
07-18-2018, 01:05 AM
I know this might sound like a roll of the dice, but if I’m the Raptors, I would pick up the phone and tell Spurs GM R.C. Buford that he can choose a package featuring DeMar DeRozan. (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23973940/kawhi-leonard-trades-lakers-do-now-lebron-james) Yes, I get that you’d be giving up three years of DeRozan for Leonard’s expiring contract. But let’s face it: Toronto is third in the East pecking order behind Boston and Philadelphia. With LeBron out West, I would take a chance on Leonard if he looks healthy. Add Danny Green’s $10 million contract to Leonard, and a deal for DeRozan works

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23973940/kawhi-leonard-trades-lakers-do-now-lebron-james

First mention of DeMar DeRozan in Kawhi Trade. Credit goes to spurschamps99030507! 30 pages before our "insider with sources" says DeRozan might be in a trade.

offset formation
07-18-2018, 01:10 AM

Fuckin Aggies, I swear.

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 01:13 AM
Kind of poetic the dynasty was started by a D-Rob and will also end because of a D-Rob :lol

offset formation
07-18-2018, 01:16 AM
What?!

Yes, you have bird rights but theres still a hard salary cap. You can't max out everyone and still have a team.

GS is about to run into that problem when Klay and MouthBreather are all wanting max contracts along with Steph and Beta.

apalisoc_9
07-18-2018, 01:16 AM
Kawhi won this team a ring.

The disresecpt spursfan showing him based on a story by micheal wright who sounded like he was telling a normal bar story.

Wow. Just wow.

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/scust.png

offset formation
07-18-2018, 01:17 AM
Go EAD, Uncle Dennis.

Aggie just redeemed himself. Any Aggie that tells Auntfocker to EAD is alright by me.

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 01:18 AM

If doing the best for his nephew means destroying his nephew’s public image, encouraging him to disregard contractual obligations, and forcing a trade to a bigger market to enrich himself as his nephew’s agent then yes, he’s doing the very best for his nephew, because we all need an uncle who’s going to profiteer out of our success. Kawhi must be the luckiest nephew in the world.

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 01:21 AM

The disresecpt spursfan showing him based on a story by micheal wright who sounded like he was telling a normal bar story.

Wow. Just wow.

because we should all be listening to Cris Carter who has two and a half brain cells left and Jabari, the most balanced reporter from Express News. Please go on, Pinoy Marauder.

offset formation
07-18-2018, 01:23 AM

Wow. Just wow.

Is a normal bar story akin to a normal auntfocker story. Enquiring minds...?

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 01:28 AM

Wow. Just wow.

I feel bad for Raptors fans who have to endure your takes once Leonard gets shipped up north, you pharm school failure

Splits
07-18-2018, 01:41 AM
Splits (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=24583) set up spurstalk.net

Dead site, it's not even registered anymore.

I can bring it back to life

offset formation
07-18-2018, 01:44 AM
I can bring it back to life

Haha. He's back.

DeRozan m8
07-18-2018, 01:50 AM

Wow. Just wow.

Kawhi has had a million chances to help save himself.

Instead he's just taken shit after shit on us

apalisoc_9
07-18-2018, 01:54 AM
Kawhi has had a million chances to help save himself.

Instead he's just taken shit after shit on us

Kawhi hasnt even said a single word

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 02:04 AM
Hasn’t even played a game or showed up to his teammates, like normal basketball players do. I guess nothing will stop you from inflicting your stupidity here. At least Kawhi is finally coming to Canada so that’s fortunate for you, Pinoy Marauder.

NASpurs
07-18-2018, 02:20 AM

szkorhetz
07-18-2018, 02:22 AM
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1019481497437392898?s=21
:lol@ Anyone who prefers DD over Harris or Ingram. (Even more at Spurs FO for turning down the supposed Tatum+Brown package at last year's deadline.)

BatManu20
Itshappening.gif

NASpurs
Watch this shit go down in like five minutes from now. :lol It always happens when Shams or Woj says a team is in "serious" talks.

kjhip1
07-18-2018, 02:23 AM

Just saw this too, damn wonder if we see something by noon (CST)

NASpurs
07-18-2018, 02:23 AM
Wake up faggots!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-18-2018, 02:25 AM
Wake up faggots!!

:lol

07-18-2018, 02:27 AM
#ShamsBomb

Vic Petro
07-18-2018, 02:28 AM
Derozen/OG/Siakem/1st is the ceiling
Derozen/OG is the floor

BatManu20
07-18-2018, 02:31 AM
Watch it be DeRozan and Siakam. We don't even get OG :lol

*knocks on wood*

NASpurs
07-18-2018, 02:34 AM
I heed more when Shams (or Woj) speaks than Windhorse (it's late as fuck, forgot the fat fucks name) because usually something is real fucking close to happening if Shams is reporting it.

BatManu20
07-18-2018, 02:35 AM
I heed more when Shams (or Woj) speaks than Windhorse (it's late as fuck, forgot the fat fucks name) because usually something is real fucking close to happening if Shams is reporting it.

How the fuck am I supposed to go to sleep now tbh..

07-18-2018, 02:35 AM
Wake up faggots!!

NASpurs
07-18-2018, 02:36 AM
How the fuck am I supposed to go to sleep now tbh..

Yeah I was in bed and saw the notification. I was like "no way". Fucking getting Shams Bombed late at night. It's almost 3 AM here. :lol

I'm giving it until 3 and then I'm clocking out.

kjhip1
07-18-2018, 02:42 AM
Dude it’s 940pm here in Honolulu. I got nothing but time to wait on this thing to go down. Just want this to happen so we can put it behind us and move forward. New era bout to begin. F*ck Kawhi

BatManu20
07-18-2018, 02:43 AM
Yeah I was in bed and saw the notification. I was like "no way". Fucking getting Shams Bombed late at night. It's almost 3 AM here. :lol

I'm giving it until 3 and then I'm clocking out.

Yea it's only 12:45 here in LA but I have to be up at the ass crack of dawn for work smh

99 Problems
07-18-2018, 02:47 AM
Get in here lol :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::madrun

NASpurs
07-18-2018, 02:50 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/HdMdRLEeZzo/hqdefault.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT77Y8eeEhBA8NQwLK/giphy.gif

rasuo214
07-18-2018, 02:50 AM
Will people be pissed if OG isn't included?

07-18-2018, 02:52 AM

He changed his Twitter and IG pics, and Twitter never lies.

Seriously though, I'm guessing he's included.

NASpurs
07-18-2018, 02:54 AM
Shams is batting a thousand.

Vic Petro
07-18-2018, 02:55 AM

Livid

NASpurs
07-18-2018, 02:57 AM

NASpurs
07-18-2018, 03:00 AM
Check out DeRozan's IG account if you have access. :lmao

Let me see if I can screencap it.

07-18-2018, 03:02 AM
Check out DeRozan's IG account if you have access. :lmao

Let me see if I can screencap it.

I think you can see it on Harrison Faigen's Twitter, under his pinned Tweet. Take a look:

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen

NASpurs
07-18-2018, 03:04 AM
https://i.imgur.com/eZrTqtl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qBci86u.png

cutewizard
07-18-2018, 03:09 AM
Hasn’t even played a game or showed up to his teammates, like normal basketball players do. I guess nothing will stop you from inflicting your stupidity here. At least Kawhi is finally coming to Canada so that’s fortunate for you, Pinoy Marauder.

:bobo

cutewizard
07-18-2018, 03:10 AM

Derozan in full depression mode lol

Dverde
07-18-2018, 03:10 AM

I agree with this. Maybe if the Spurs give a draft pick we get both.

cutewizard
07-18-2018, 03:12 AM
Are we looking at a King' s Ransom??

Hehe

Obi Juan Kenobi
07-18-2018, 03:14 AM

Hopefully we're not trading one malcontent to create another...:depressed

99 Problems
07-18-2018, 03:17 AM
He’ll love it here, I mean why wouldn’t anyone? :flag::flag::flag::bobo

Dverde
07-18-2018, 03:18 AM
Once the two sides agree on a trade then it goes to the NBA Commissioner who routes it to Cris Carter for approval.

cool cat
07-18-2018, 03:19 AM
Once the two sides agree on a trade then it goes to the NBA Commissioner who routes it to Cris Carter for approval.

So looking forward to Carter’s reaction tomorrow if the trade goes through!

Robz4000
07-18-2018, 03:22 AM
Hopefully the Spurs can flip DeRozan for some assets after this. Fuck dealing with another malcontent.

DJR210
07-18-2018, 03:24 AM
Hopefully the Spurs can flip DeRozan for some assets after this. Fuck dealing with another malcontent.

Maybe he's just butthurt at being lied to to his face.. comes in ultra loyal to his new team

NASpurs
07-18-2018, 03:24 AM

cool cat
07-18-2018, 03:26 AM

Don’t want to jump to far ahead but maybe a trade for Butler?

kjhip1
Woj bomb

NASpurs
I don't know which thread to post this shit in

The San Antonio Spurs and Toronto Raptors are engaged in serious talks on a trade centered around Kawhi Leonard and DeMar DeRozan, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Talks between the Spurs and Raptors have intensified in recent days, league sources said. The potential deal would bring Leonard, one of the NBA’s top players when healthy, to Toronto and send an All-NBA and All-Star caliber player in DeRozan to the Spurs. For key figures involved in the deal, it is believed only a snag in final discussions could slow the traction on completion, league sources said.

From the moment Leonard made clear his desire for a trade out of San Antonio, the Spurs have taken a patient, deliberate approach to finding a resolution. Several teams, including the Los Angeles Lakers (https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/lal), Los Angeles Clippers (https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/lac), Boston Celtics (https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/bos) and Philadelphia 76ers (https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/phi), emerged as suitors, but most NBA executives believed the Raptors presented the best potential current and future package.

Leonard is scheduled to enter free agency in 2019 and has no intention to commit to Toronto long-term, league sources said. DeRozan also has expressed displeasure toward a possible move, becoming aware of the possibility late Tuesday night, league sources said. (:lol thanks! we want you too man)

Obi Juan Kenobi
07-18-2018, 03:27 AM
Here we go...

davidbowie
07-18-2018, 03:27 AM
fucking finally. ready for this fool to bouce

07-18-2018, 03:28 AM
I don't know which thread to post this shit in

Thanks for all the updates my du :toast

007nites
07-18-2018, 03:31 AM
WOJ bomb

NASpurs
07-18-2018, 03:31 AM

Thanks for all the updates my du :toast

No problem man. :tu

DeRozan m8
07-18-2018, 03:34 AM

Exactly.

Dverde
07-18-2018, 03:34 AM
Who needs Canada when you got Taco Cabana! Welcome aboard DeMar!

07-18-2018, 03:37 AM
Chris Haynes‏
Verified account
@ChrisBHaynes (https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes) Following Following
@ChrisBHaynes

More

Kawhi Leonard has no desire to play in Toronto, league source tells ESPN.

Pavlov
07-18-2018, 03:37 AM

https://i.imgur.com/qBci86u.pngAlready using Spurs colors!

slick'81
07-18-2018, 03:42 AM
Lets get it sons!

iGetbuckets
07-18-2018, 03:44 AM
Chris Haynes‏
Verified account

@ChrisBHaynes
(https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes) Following Following
@ChrisBHaynes

More

Trade this faggot now before he fucks this shit up

BillMc
07-18-2018, 03:46 AM
Is DeRozen better than Kyrie? Of course he's under contract longer. And Kawhi doesn't get to go to a loaded team. Better for revenge on KL, not sure better for Spurs.

07-18-2018, 03:48 AM
Trade this faggot now before he fucks this shit up

If Toronto trades for Kawhi even knowing they have zero chance to re-sign him, knowing he might not be fully invested in their team this season, and if they also give up OG, it just tells you how eager they were to get off DeRozan's money. I guess we haven't seen the final trade details yet, so I'll reserve further comment on judging the trade until then.

davidbowie
07-18-2018, 03:52 AM
This shits gonna fall through. Kawhi is still gonna be a spur by the time the season starts and he’s gonna be sitting out like a baby.

DeRozan m8
07-18-2018, 03:53 AM
Chris Haynes‏
Verified account

@ChrisBHaynes
(https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes) Following Following
@ChrisBHaynes

More

Awesome, karma is a bitch.

Could have seen his contract out but didn't want to.

Eat that dick

BillMc
07-18-2018, 03:53 AM
This shits gonna fall through. Kawhi is still gonna be a spur by the time the season starts and he’s gonna be sitting out like a baby.

Don't trust KL to not throw the physical. I really don't.

07-18-2018, 03:56 AM

I don't think so. The Spurs knew they had to deal Kawhi, and the Raptors can't bring DeRozan back now after this. It's kind of like how Pau Gasol was never the same for the Lakers after the CP3 trade fiasco. They were remarkably dumb for holding onto him at that point, because he never played hard for the Lakers again. Regardless, yeah, the Raptors want this deal to happen, and it's mainly to get off DeRozan's money. Masai is OK with rebuilding after this season. Heck, it wouldn't even completely shock me if they flip Kawhi again before the trade deadline for some assets. Maybe even flip him before the season starts, who knows.

Dverde
07-18-2018, 04:02 AM
Don't trust KL to not throw the physical. I really don't.

He will be viewed at the Queen Cersei of the NBA. Everyone will see through it.

07-18-2018, 04:03 AM
Haynes also said that Kawhi remains clear that he plans to sign with the Lakers next summer, so I'd love to be wrong with my belief (and Michael Wright's) that Uncle Dennis prefers the Clips.

BillMc
07-18-2018, 04:04 AM
Can you play DeRozan next to DJ?

Chillen
07-18-2018, 04:18 AM

See this is so unprofessional. You are a grown man, a professional athlete your job is to go out and play basketball not dictate where you want to play.

Toronto will be taking a huge gamble here but for Spurs I can imagine why they want to ship his ass out East. Extremely unprofessional behavior on display here by Kawhi's camp and if this continue it will make the Spurs upcoming season toxic. So they probably want to take what they can get for him as long as it keeps the team in playoff contention.

NASpurs
07-18-2018, 04:37 AM

:corn:

:lmao

Namundy
07-18-2018, 04:38 AM
It is, that's whats gay about this whole thing. PATFO won't nut up and pull the trigger on a trade. In the end theyll get some random and a 2nd rounder or let him walk for free

Guess we about to be wrong. 😂

NASpurs
07-18-2018, 04:41 AM
The CBA says yes.

BillMc
07-18-2018, 04:44 AM
The CBA says yes.

Carter Bitch Ass says no. :lol

Slippy
07-18-2018, 04:46 AM
If this deal doesnt get through. Im gonna be spewing.

Kawhi's group of lapdogs are in twiitter attack mode.

LkrFan
07-18-2018, 04:47 AM

Solid points. Ringing this year is a pipe dream. Even LeBron knows that. I still agree with not giving up the farm for Kiwi. Not that he's not worth it, but we have some unknowns on our roster. We need to see if these kids can duplicate their successes from last year especially now with the stakes somewhat higher. Although LBJ knows he's not ringing, our kids gotta know he could have snapped his fingers and made them disappear...for Kiwi. That's gonna put pressure on the kids to perform. If they rise to the challenge, and they earn a big payday, the Lakers have go into deep luxury tax mode to retain players no matter the cost (i.e. the infamous 2-year $48.5M contract to you know who). If they don't perform, they are outta there just like our former #2 and #7 overall picks.

Yes we let Randle go, Nance Jr. too, but we upgraded the position. And the way our roster sets up, we will have 3 elite passers in LBJ, Rondo (8.2apg) and Lonzo (7.1apg). This means LBJ can finally be set up for making plays (Cleveland didn't afford him that luxury) vice having to pound the rock 20 seconds per possession. This will lessen his load to have a playmaker on the floor 48 minutes a game (Rondo 26 mpg; Lonzo 22mpg). My hope is that it stretches his prime a little bit since he won't have to always do it all. It will be an adjustment, but he can play off ball (high IQ). I'm interested to see what unfolds this year.

AaronY
07-18-2018, 05:21 AM

I agree to an extent but the Celtics were also a young team. Tatum was a rookie & Brown was just in his 2nd year, really only main cog with experience in their playoff run was Al Horford.
Boston had playoff experience with their core. Simmons will be 25-8-8 guy in a few years and that Orlando team I mentioned beat Indiana the next year so I don't see any reason for them to panic. Nor for them to give any big assets for Kawhi who may be a rental or have a chronic injury. As for LeBron he just didn't want to go there God knows why. They won 52 games with just regular improvement they will be a 60-65 win team in a few years

hooperflash
07-18-2018, 05:29 AM
SIX HUNNID COMIN’:flag:

spurschamps99030507
07-18-2018, 05:29 AM
First mention of DeMar DeRozan in Kawhi Trade. Credit goes to spurschamps99030507! 30 pages before our "insider with sources" says DeRozan might be in a trade.

:bobo

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:37 AM

Makes sense for Spurs to ask for the moon. If healthy he is a top 3 player. But let's be realistic Spur fan acting like the last images of Kawhi are not him dominating State in Game 7 "but of him being good not great for the Spurs last year on the court before being shut down by injury . Off the court his mental state and health are huge question marks.
And the NBA is the opposite of a hard cap. It's why OKC, State and the most expensive team the Cavs were all paying luxury taxes. BIRD right provisions and luxury tax are phrases not needed in a hard salary cap, or do you not know what a hard cap means?!

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 05:45 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1019506090239807488

Leonard and his camp asked for a trade but are now telling the media the team assured him he won’t be traded. Asswipe. Get a new uncle :lol

07-18-2018, 05:48 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1019506090239807488

Leonard and his camp asked for a trade but are now telling the media the team assured him he won’t be traded. Asswipe. Get a new uncle :lol

That part of the original story was retracted; they apparently meant DeRozan.

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 05:50 AM
That part of the original story was retracted; they apparently meant DeRozan.
Welp apparently they did, thanks for the heads up amigo

r0drig0lac
07-18-2018, 05:53 AM

no anunoby, no deal imo

spurschamps99030507
07-18-2018, 05:55 AM
DDR good player but his record of disappearances in playoffs ........ now in the w conference ....

the good news is that the rat and denis are close to Alaska...

slick'81
07-18-2018, 05:59 AM
Lol at both derozan and kawahi pissed being moved for each other

FkLA
07-18-2018, 06:10 AM
The CBA says yes.

lol fucking bug eyed idiot

AFBlue
07-18-2018, 06:12 AM
Is DeRozen better than Kyrie? Of course he's under contract longer. And Kawhi doesn't get to go to a loaded team. Better for revenge on KL, not sure better for Spurs.

Not that we know for sure, but there was a report that Boston had been hesitant to offer any of their top 5 including Kyrie.

iGetbuckets
07-18-2018, 06:12 AM
Cris carter:lmao

lebomb
07-18-2018, 06:36 AM
See this is so unprofessional. You are a grown man, a professional athlete your job is to go out and play basketball not dictate where you want to play.

Exactly!!!!

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 06:45 AM
Makes sense for Spurs to ask for the moon. If healthy he is a top 3 player. But let's be realistic Spur fan acting like the last images of Kawhi are not him dominating State in Game 7 "but of him being good not great for the Spurs last year on the court before being shut down by injury . Off the court his mental state and health are huge question marks.
And the NBA is the opposite of a hard cap. It's why OKC, State and the most expensive team the Cavs were all paying luxury taxes. BIRD right provisions and luxury tax are phrases not needed in a hard salary cap, or do you not know what a hard cap means?!
Congratulations on keeping your prized and extremely valuable young players :toast

cjw
07-18-2018, 06:51 AM
Is this leak intended to spook Ainge, Brown and Magic into making their best and final offers?

I don’t see any of them budging.

daslicer
07-18-2018, 06:52 AM
I get a feeling this trade is not going to go down. I want to believe it's going to happen but it wouldn't shock me if the Spurs or Raptors back out at the last minute.

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 06:53 AM
Is this leak intended to spook Ainge, Brown and Magic into making their best and final offers?

I don’t see any of them budging.
Was thinking the same, especially with the timing. Gives them the whole of Wednesday to lay their cards on the table, but both teams have already agreed to a deal in principle if nothing comes up. To be fair it’s probably still very early on that side of the world.

Namundy
07-18-2018, 07:00 AM
Are people going to be happy about this if OG is not included?

StrengthAndHonor
07-18-2018, 07:02 AM
Rejoicing the arrival of Derozan, oh my, how the mighty have fallen:lol

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 07:04 AM
It’s not welcoming DeRozan but more of getting rid of Leonard and his baggage. That’s a misinterpretation if you haven’t been following recent posts. They just want him and his trouble gone because the situation is so weird.

07-18-2018, 07:06 AM
Very interesting that we have yet to hear anything about what specific other pieces could be in the deal. I still think it's very cryptic that OG's Twitter and IG pics were changed from him in Raptors gear.

exstatic
07-18-2018, 07:10 AM
Chris Haynes‏
Verified account
@ChrisBHaynes (https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes) Following Following
@ChrisBHaynes

More

Too. Fucking. Bad.

benefactor
07-18-2018, 07:12 AM
:pctoss

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 07:14 AM
Kawhi may not want to play in TOR but he has absolutely zero choice. Don’t show up? Fine, forfeit all your money and see what happens. Sit out another year of your prime and see what happens. You reap what you sow and this is ALL your doing. Sorry Charlie.

If Kawhi is truly pissed at going to TOR: 1) He should be LIVID at LAL for forcing him to go there when he, a true star, said he wants to play in LA and they had the assets but REFUSED to value Kawhi enough to trade for him just so they could pay him less next year.

2) He should be even MORE pissed at his Uncle/Agent for tanking his value and not doing everything they could to help SA find a great deal to send him where he wanted to go. They put no pressure on LA & in fact enabled them to act entitled with the “I only want LA” leaks. On them

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 07:16 AM
I can’t hate on the Spurs. I don’t love DeRozan but once you realize their priority was to stay competitive this makes sense. Especially if they get a young player and pick too.

I’m not mad at SA no matter what. Kawhi screwed them and they were in a tough spot. They werent going to get a great deal like they should because Kawhi was trying to harm them intentionally.

At least he’s going to Canada and SA didn’t cave to LA.

cutewizard
07-18-2018, 07:16 AM
Let us go back to the Origin.....

This was the George Hill trade right?

In other words, we are getting Derozan and OG/Siakam/Pick plus Bertans for George Hill right?

Not bad. Not bad at all.

cutewizard
07-18-2018, 07:19 AM
Kawhi may not want to play in TOR but he has absolutely zero choice. Don’t show up? Fine, forfeit all your money and see what happens. Sit out another year of your prime and see what happens. You reap what you sow and this is ALL your doing. Sorry Charlie.

If Kawhi is truly pissed at going to TOR: 1) He should be LIVID at LAL for forcing him to go there when he, a true star, said he wants to play in LA and they had the assets but REFUSED to value Kawhi enough to trade for him just so they could pay him less next year.

2) He should be even MORE pissed at his Uncle/Agent for tanking his value and not doing everything they could to help SA find a great deal to send him where he wanted to go. They put no pressure on LA & in fact enabled them to act entitled with the “I only want LA” leaks. On them

Good Sir, that is assuming that Kawhi is cognitvely intelligent right?

What if he is just, plain outright DUMB? Lol

playblair
Very interesting that we have yet to hear anything about what specific other pieces could be in the deal. I still think it's very cryptic that OG's Twitter and IG pics were changed from him in Raptors gear.

woj on sportscenter named players that raptors would build around kawhi og was one named wich means hes likely not included

eDizzle20
I can’t hate on the Spurs. I don’t love DeRozan but once you realize their priority was to stay competitive this makes sense. Especially if they get a young player and pick too.

I’m not mad at SA no matter what. Kawhi screwed them and they were in a tough spot. They werent going to get a great deal like they should because Kawhi was trying to harm them intentionally.

At least he’s going to Canada and SA didn’t cave to LA.
+1

exstatic
DDR good player but his record of disappearances in playoffs ........ now in the w conference ....

the good news is that the rat and denis are close to Alaska...

The reality is that no one is ringing this year, and maybe next, except GS.

99 Problems
07-18-2018, 07:20 AM
Woj

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 07:21 AM
Tbh too early to celebrate until it really is a done deal. Things can still go south especially given Leonard’s camp’s reluctance to release medical information, as per Mo. The Spurs can still end up with him after today while the best probable result would be teams amping up their offers and conducting a last minute bidding war.

07-18-2018, 07:22 AM
Deal is done, per Woj. Trade call scheduled. Says deal is larger on both sides (DeRozan/Kawhi). Still no specifics on other players.

MoSpur02
07-18-2018, 07:23 AM
I get a feeling this trade is not going to go down. I want to believe it's going to happen but it wouldn't shock me if the Spurs or Raptors back out at the last minute.

I fear the same thing, but these talks have been happening since last week so who knows. I'm sure both teams know what they're getting into.

baseline bum
07-18-2018, 07:24 AM

I know, could have had allstar Tobias Harris instead.

Shastafarian
07-18-2018, 07:24 AM
Deal is done, per Woj. Trade call scheduled. Says deal is larger on both sides (DeRozan/Kawhi). Still no specifics on other players.

MoSpur02
07-18-2018, 07:25 AM

Nah. We're rejoicing the departure of Kawhi. Rejoicing the Spurs didn't settle for crappy players including Tobias Harris.

99 Problems
07-18-2018, 07:26 AM
:bobo:claw

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 07:28 AM
So happy for Pinoy Marauder. Can finally get his Raptors Leonard jerseys at his convenience. Done deal, my man, done deal.

iGetbuckets
07-18-2018, 07:29 AM
Let’s go!

sasaint
07-18-2018, 07:30 AM
Are people going to be happy about this if OG is not included?

Not really.

F7.
07-18-2018, 07:35 AM
There are pro athletes with agents that rep for them in bad faith and pro athletes with family members rep for them in bad faith. Kawhi has BOTH.

While it's disappointing it had to end like this I'm glad the Spurs can now put this all behind them and focus on the upcoming season.

https://i.imgur.com/yuu3a60.jpg

John B
07-18-2018, 07:36 AM
OG and Shikam included would make this a very good deal :toast

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 07:37 AM

Never understood that argument.
I dont like DD but he is better than harris whos is good.
IF spurs valued cap space Harris expires in a year and DD still has 3 left.
But as much flak as DD gets he is better than Harris.

if spurs were gonna get anything had to be those lottery picks. but by all accounts yall love the teh Knetucky PG and you mayget KL next year.
Clips were smart to stand pat.
Spurs were smart not to settle for harris who only has 1 year left and they would be forced to re-sign to big $ too.

Now if harris signs a big but more reasonable deal I might reconsider this but DD is better or at least more accomplished than Harris.

MoSpur02
07-18-2018, 07:38 AM
Never understood that argument.
I dont like DD but he is better than harris whos is good.
IF spurs valued cap space Harris expires in a year and DD still has 3 left.
But as much flak as DD gets he is better than Harris.

if spurs were gonna get anything had to be those lottery picks. but by all accounts yall love the teh Knetucky PG and you mayget KL next year.
Clips were smart to stand pat.
Spurs were smart not to settle for harris who only has 1 year left and they would be forced to re-sign to big $ too.

Now if harris signs a big but more reasonable deal I might reconsider this but DD is better or at least more accomplished than Harris.

I think he was being sarcastic.

baseline bum
07-18-2018, 07:39 AM
There are pro athletes with agents that rep for them in bad faith and pro athletes with family members rep for them in bad faith. Kawhi has BOTH.

While it's disappointing it had to end like this I'm glad the Spurs can now put this all behind them and focus on the upcoming season.

https://i.imgur.com/yuu3a60.jpg

It'll be nice to finally enjoy watching the Spurs again. Not that I expect DeRozan to be a good fit, but I didn't enjoy a single minute of last season with Kawhi's crap.

toki9
07-18-2018, 07:41 AM
But most importantly...what does this mean for Jabari's career?!?

MoSpur02
07-18-2018, 07:42 AM
Does anyone know what time Cris Carter come on TV? Really interested in what he has to say. Not really, but wanna see what he's going to say. :lol

StrengthAndHonor
07-18-2018, 07:43 AM
It’s not welcoming DeRozan but more of getting rid of Leonard and his baggage. That’s a misinterpretation if you haven’t been following recent posts. They just want him and his trouble gone because the situation is so weird.
But you’re not getting rid of baggage :lol Derozan is one of the most overrated and inefficient player in the league, and he’s eating $30 million a year. He’s a taller version of Lou Williams. The worst part is he’s known battling with depression throughout his career, so what you’re getting is another player who doesn’t want to play in San Antonio.

lmbebo
07-18-2018, 07:43 AM
Does anyone know what time Cris Carter come on TV? Really interested in what he has to say. Not really, but wanna see what he's going to say. :lol

CC - Kawhi doesn't want to play in Toronto. Not sure he wants to show up... Doesn't want to waist another year of his career playing in Canada ...

sasaint
07-18-2018, 07:44 AM
OG and Shikam included would make this a very good deal :toast

Yes. I am holding my breath. They better be if Danny is going to Toronto.

YoungbuckMurray
07-18-2018, 07:44 AM
But you’re not getting rid of baggage :lol Derozan is one of the most overrated and inefficient player in the league, and he’s eating $30 million a year. He’s a taller version of Lou Williams. The worst part is he’s known battling with depression throughout his career, so what you’re getting is another player who doesn’t want to play in San Antonio.

How do you know he doesn’t wanna play for SA?

daslicer
07-18-2018, 07:48 AM

Pop was not going to rebuild. I'm fine with being a 50 plus win team for the next few years even if there is no chance of beating the Warriors. Derozan allows the Spurs to be competitive while developing younger players like Walker,White,Murray etc. Spurs are pretty much in a situation similar to what they were in from '08-'11. They have to develop young players and hope that one of them can turn into a star like what happened with Kawhi.

davidbowie
07-18-2018, 07:48 AM
i cant stop laughing at the fact that pop and rc told kawhi "grab a coat bitch youre going to canada" after holding out so long for LA

cutewizard
07-18-2018, 07:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF-Leyr0eAc

szkorhetz
i cant stop laughing at the fact that pop and rc told kawhi "grab a coat bitch youre going to canada" after holding out so long for LA

Exactly. Fuck Kawhi.
https://data.whicdn.com/images/18390541/large.jpg

szkorhetz
UPDATE: Green is INCLUDED!

davidbowie
07-18-2018, 08:00 AM
JABARI BOMB!!!!!!!!

FkLA

He already came on. I only saw the headline before leaving for work. Something along the lines of "Is TOR making a big mistake by trading for Kawhi?" :lol

StrengthAndHonor
Tobias is a $14 million expiring contract and he comes with 2 lottery picks. You have to be an idiot to pick Derozan over that. :lol

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 08:02 AM
Guy has never played under 60 games his entire career, never had a coach like Pop, and hopefully doesn’t have an entourage like Kawhi’s. I can’t say I’ll take it because the Spurs already did. I don’t know why the Spurs did it but I’m personally content with knowing why later on. The front office has made some questionable calls the past few years but (a) they’ve always managed to put together a team that cracked the playoffs at the very least and (b) there isn’t anything I can do about it. Seems like the front office wants to remain in contention for the playoffs and none of the previous offers were good enough for the front office’s vision for the team. I can live with that.

davidbowie
why danny and not pau....

Adrian Wojnarowski‏
Verified account
@wojespn
(https://twitter.com/wojespn) 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1019567203379625986) More

Spurs have agree to trade Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-round pick, league sources tell ESPN. Trade call with league office is starting shortly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No OG, interesting.

2Cleva
Adrian Wojnarowski
Spurs have agree to trade Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-round pick, league sources tell ESPN. Trade call with league office is starting shortly.

https://i.imgur.com/UXl6yIB.gif

All that and all the Spurs got was another player who doesn't want to be there and a protected 1st round pick?

http://i.giphy.com/3o85xH5TfewO4h8FLG.gif

Killakobe81
I think he was being sarcastic.

I know Baseline was.
My post was in agreement with Bum
I like S&H but agree harris wasn't close to enough.

StrengthAndHonor
07-18-2018, 08:03 AM
How do you know he doesn’t wanna play for SA?
Derozan valued loyalty. He shunned every pitch during FA to stay in Toronto. He was salary dumped. DUMPED, I’m telling you to San Antonio. That does not bode well for you guys.

spursparker9
Fuck. Should have trade to Lakers

SixersFan
Adrian Wojnarowski

All that and all the Spurs got was another player who doesn't want to be there and a protected 1st round pick?

They thought they were getting OG and Siakm

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 08:04 AM
Tobias is a $14 million expiring contract and he comes with 2 lottery picks. You have to be an idiot to pick Derozan over that. :lol

That is the part that is interesting.
If you want cap space Harris is appealing but the picks were the true asets.

Seventyniner
Just like that, the Parker/Green/Leonard/Diaw/Duncan lineup from 2014 is completely gone.

FireMicoHalili
Adrian Wojnarowski

Do you need popcorn with that buttload of salt since your offer wasn’t good enough? I thought the fans were content with the young talent?

MoSpur02
Sucks no OG, but still happy Kawhi is gone. Glad it wasn't to a team he wanted to go to. Glad Spurs didn't cave.

spursparker9
07-18-2018, 08:09 AM
Manu, please retire

baseline bum
07-18-2018, 08:09 AM

No one Buford wanted in the draft was available most likely.

2Cleva
07-18-2018, 08:18 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/KkURZPEYYwRmo/giphy.gif

szkorhetz
07-18-2018, 08:19 AM
We got raped. Fuck it. At least one of OG/Siakam and Gasol should have been part of the deal.

Namundy
07-18-2018, 08:20 AM
Not really.

Well, people aren't going to be happy then. Lol.

daslicer
07-18-2018, 08:21 AM
Sucks the Spurs didn't get OG/Siakam but I'm over the drama bs. I also figure Kawhi was so damn toxic it made it difficult as hell to get good value for him.

Spurs9
07-18-2018, 08:21 AM
DD is better than Tobias tbh

MoSpur02
07-18-2018, 08:22 AM
Sucks no OG, but still happy this is over. Kawhi was a douche and the Spurs needed to move him. Yeah Green is gone, which is a huge bummer, but it points to signs that maybe the Spurs are going to give a good amount of minutes to guys like White and Walker.

tmtcsc
Uncle Dennis: Toronto? How the hell you trade him to Europe?

https://imageshack.com/a/img924/8082/vagyiR.jpg

cutewizard
Fuck that....we didnt get OG or Siakam???

Oh cmon

bdictjames
Love it here. Like it that the Spurs waited out. Demar's way better than BI or Tobias Harris. Can't wait to see the beautiful game again!

cutewizard
07-18-2018, 08:23 AM
Why ddnt the Spurs angle for more?????

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 08:23 AM
Wow so Gay really is starting next year. Black hole ball let’s go :lol

Spurs da champs
07-18-2018, 08:24 AM
Love it here. Like it that the Spurs waited out. Demar's way better than BI or Tobias Harris. Can't wait to see the beautiful game again!

Crazymaddopeyo
ugh, protected from 1-20. SO shitty.

Namundy
My expert analysis after watching Poetl's highlights on YouTube -- he's tall, young, and appears to be European. This was bound to happen.

cjw
07-18-2018, 08:25 AM
Love or hate DDR’s game, the Spurs turned a malcontent and an expiring contract (who was useful but not a star) into a second team All NBA performer and a big who at worst will be a solid third big. I actually bet the Spurs were super high on him (not because of being a White European). He could turn into something very solid.

Spurs are only team with two first or second team All NBA players from last season. So there’s that.

sasaint
07-18-2018, 08:27 AM
Wow so Gay really is starting next year. Black hole ball let’s go :lol

Meh, we have already had a couple of seasons to get used to that style.

StrengthAndHonor
07-18-2018, 08:27 AM
No one Buford wanted in the draft was available most likely.

But someone in 2019 from a protected pick is?:lol

I thought you were delusional when you said you’d rather Kawhi walk but if this is the best package they could get, then yes, letting him was probably a logical option.

Demar is so awful the Raptors traded him as a salary dump lol.

StrengthAndHonor
07-18-2018, 08:29 AM
DD is better than Tobias tbh
Marginally better, with a $30 million price tag.:lol

acoelho1
This trade is trash without OG.. sorry. I would have rather just play out another year. I thought the Spurs were about championships and this is basically DeRozan for Kawhi swap, which doesn't move the needle anywhere.

cjw
ugh, protected from 1-20. SO shitty.

Raptors want to protect themselves from an event where Kawhi can’t play because he’s “hurt” or because Apa kidnaps him and locks him in his basement.

kobyz
07-18-2018, 08:30 AM
i bet Raptors trade kawhi to Lakers in the trade deadline for peanuts!! i better we kept kawhi and trying misreable his life...

GrapplingYautja
07-18-2018, 08:31 AM
You can tell TRUE fans from just people who are miserable in life.

We got the best we could! Kawhi's group backed the Spurs into a corner and they got a guy who played 80 games as opposed to 9. A back up big man, which we needed.

I understand wanting to get OG or any of their young players BUT its a one year rental. Beggars can't be choosers.

sasaint
07-18-2018, 08:32 AM
Uncle Dennis: Toronto? How the hell you trade him to Europe?

https://imageshack.com/a/img924/8082/vagyiR.jpg

I am imagining the chick behind the desk interrupting her phone call to laugh at Uncle Dennis' reaction.

cjw
07-18-2018, 08:33 AM

$27.7 million.

Harris will be a FA after this season so no guarantee of keeping him. And if you do, you’ll have to payZ

Also, did Harris get any All NBA votes? Didn’t think so.

MoSpur02
07-18-2018, 08:34 AM
I am imagining the chick behind the desk interrupting her phone call to laugh at Uncle Dennis' reaction.

venitian navigator
07-18-2018, 08:35 AM
Sorry but this deal is abysmal.
No other way o call it.
Imho OG was the only reason to begin the trade.
I just hope something else is in works, but I frankly doubt it.
DDR had quite a negative value...expecially coming play offs time.
Giving them Green too (and his expiring) was worth at least OG...
Poeltl is the only decent piece, considering the first round pick is protected...
I have always had faith in our F.O. but now I'm starting to doubt their perception level...looks like they no more have an idea with what kind of people they are working...
At this point looks like they have been fooled by uncle Dennis from the beginning...and they consented him to let the team become a no star team with no championship goals and probably out of play offs contention.
They only had a little revenge for sending Kiwhi to Canada...the most taxed place in nba.
But frankly this is just a loss...
Toronto instead managed the thing as good as possible. They didn't give up any of their possible talented pieces (except Poeltl, that was second/third center after Valenc. and Nogueira) and eliminated a bloated contract of a no play offs star...

Bad, Bad, Bad trade...

sasaint
07-18-2018, 08:35 AM

Hard for us Spurs fans to swallow, tbh. In retrospect wish we had done the draft night deal with Logo

BillMc
07-18-2018, 08:36 AM
Lose/lose for everyone.

Spurs get worse. Reputation harmed.
Kawhi loses a lot of money. Reputation trashed. Now playing in a place he never wanted to be.

Spurs9
07-18-2018, 08:37 AM
It was reported that he only wants to play in LA, so there is a huge chance he bolts. Be happy you at least got DD, that tanked his trade value.

Budkin
07-18-2018, 08:37 AM
Why ddnt the Spurs angle for more?????

Raps know Kawhi is leaving and wouldn’t give OG or Siakam

sasaint
07-18-2018, 08:38 AM
Sorry but this deal is abysmal.
No other way o call it.
Imho OG was the only reason to begin the trade.
I just hope something else is in works, but I frankly doubt it.
DDR had quite a negative value...expecially coming play offs time.
Giving them Green too (and his expiring) was worth at least OG...
Poeltl is the only decent piece, considering the first round pick is protected...
I have always had faith in our F.O. but now I'm starting to doubt their perception level...looks like they no more have an idea with what kind of people they are working...
At this point looks like they have been fooled by uncle Dennis from the beginning...and they consented him to let the team become a no star team with no championship goals and probably out of play offs contention.
They only had a little revenge for sending Kiwhi to Canada...the most taxed place in nba.
But frankly this is just a loss...
Toronto instead managed the thing as good as possible. They didn't give up any of their possible talented pieces (except Poeltl, that was second/third center after Valenc. and Nogueira) and eliminated a bloated contract of a no play offs star...

Bad, Bad, Bad trade...

Yep, Toronto wins all the way around. And we are stuck holding a $30MM bag while Apa gloats.

SpursDynasty85
07-18-2018, 08:40 AM
But someone in 2019 from a protected pick is?:lol

I thought you were delusional when you said you’d rather Kawhi walk but if this is the best package they could get, then yes, letting him was probably a logical option.

Demar is so awful the Raptors traded him as a salary dump lol.

Trust me. DD was the last person the Raptors wanted to trade there. He is an elite possibly the most athletic guard in the NBA. Gets to the line and has an improving 3 ball. In his prime. Spurs will increase his value. We were not going to do better. Nobody knows exactly what trade packages were sent in. It was all rumors. Maybe more will leak out. Comparing Harden (sign and trade) and Paul George, Spurs probably did a little better than them on face value. Remember PG didnt have a cancerous attitude and crazy posse.

r0drig0lac
07-18-2018, 08:51 AM
DD is 2X better than Tobias tbh

sasaint
07-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Lose/lose for everyone.

Spurs get worse. Reputation harmed.
Kawhi loses a lot of money. Reputation trashed. Now playing in a place he never wanted to be.

Possible silver lining: coming to the Raptors in exchange for one of their 2 all-time players and one who was very loyal, Kawhi will get hounded by the Toronto media. Let's see how he holds up to that...

offset formation
07-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Awesome, karma is a bitch.

Could have seen his contract out but didn't want to.

Eat that dick

Tbqfh.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 08:54 AM
Lake fans trying to ridicule us for not trading with them are fucking hilarious.

BillMc
07-18-2018, 08:55 AM
Lake fans trying to ridicule us for not trading with them are fucking hilarious.

Yep. DeRozan ain't KL, but he's far better than anything LA was offering.

offset formation
07-18-2018, 08:56 AM
Sucks the Spurs didn't get OG/Siakam but I'm over the drama bs. I also figure Kawhi was so damn toxic it made it difficult as hell to get good value for him.

Not Just Kawhi. Everyone now knows you're trading for a crazy clan too.

Kawhi's group torpedoed his value from day 1.

Fuck him.