PDA

View Full Version : Videogames....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Mixability
09-21-2006, 04:25 PM
I'll just use this thread to throw out some info about the new releases that are coming out.

I'm not even done with Madden and the NBA games come out next week! :depressed

NBA 2K7 is looking good.

They've even put in TD's jab and shoot moves along with Shaqs gorilla walk and Lebron's nervous nail biting. Oh yeah, Marion's ugly ass shot is in there too.

NBA 2K7 Video (http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/5963)

PM5K
09-21-2006, 04:28 PM
These games are getting so real it's freaky.

DarkReign
09-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Warhammer 40K: Dark Crusade
Crackdown
Just Cause
Huxley
Tabula Rasa

Mixability
09-21-2006, 04:49 PM
These games are getting so real it's freaky.

I remember the first 3d live game with TD on the cover was sooooo real looking.

now it just hurts my eyes.

Imagine another 5 years from now, what they'll come up with.

I won't be satisfied until I can get a technical foul in a game for yelling at a ref for a blown call.

resistanze
09-21-2006, 04:49 PM
When is Half-Life 2: Episode 2 coming out

Medvedenko
09-21-2006, 04:54 PM
That 2K7 game will be sick...looking forward to it, big time. I loved the Shaq gorilla walk...I'm glad they're enhancing the games with signature moves. That's the point of the playing the NBA and the excitement. The games before it was all based on stats and skills to see if your player would be good or not. There was little style, now with what I see, I like. Even when you create a player you can choose their shot release...cool in the gang. I want to see KG's mouth piece fall to the floor on his dunks and then him running back to catch up with the play.

Mixability
09-21-2006, 04:56 PM
That 2K7 game will be sick...looking forward to it, big time. I loved the Shaq gorilla walk...I'm glad they're enhancing the games with signature moves. That's the point of the playing the NBA and the excitement. The games before it was all based on stats and skills to see if your player would be good or not. There was little style, now with what I see, I like. Even when you create a player you can choose their shot release...cool in the gang. I want to see KG's mouth piece fall to the floor on his dunks and then him running back to catch up with the play.

they even got your boy Kobe's fist pump. I agree, when I play the game, I want everything to be authentic. Hell, I'd even be alright with Mark Cuban's dumb ass on the sideline, when I whoop on the Mavs.

midgetonadonkey
09-21-2006, 04:58 PM
I kind of hate how accurate the gameplay is. I miss running in circles until I have a clear lane to the basket and drunking every time.

Mixability
09-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I kind of hate how accurate the gameplay is. I miss running in circles until I have a clear lane to the basket and drunking every time.

now THAT'D be too realistic.

sa_butta
09-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Will these be on there as well??

http://www.nba.com/media/suns/nash_353_060303.jpg

http://photos11.flickr.com/12773592_7de70074c6_m.jpg

Medvedenko
09-21-2006, 05:16 PM
That would be hillarios to see the Walker shake or the Bowen arms raised with the expression...what my foul....;)

T Park
09-21-2006, 07:28 PM
or the Kobe, "I thought you WANTED it in the ass" suprised look is always funny.

cherylsteele
09-21-2006, 08:13 PM
I have been playing SimCity 4.
Pretty cool.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
09-21-2006, 08:13 PM
http://images.webmagic.com/klov.com/screens/A/vArch_Rivals.png

Damn what ever happened to the cool ass shit.

On the real I need to dust off the box. Dead Rising looks insane, the videos from CapCom are pretty freakin gory.

Squid
09-21-2006, 08:17 PM
They need to make a new NFL Blitz game, not the bullshit attempt at a sim like the last one. Old school Blitz and NBA Jam were fucking great.

Shaolin-Style
09-21-2006, 10:03 PM
coming soon is
God Hand(awesome looking beat em up game)
the nba ones(always)
Bully
Final Fantasy 12
Neverwinter nights 2
Battlefield 2142

and some other misc games that mainly come out in october.

where was this shit when I had plenty of money back in summer. stupid fall season releases.

Mixability
09-22-2006, 11:25 AM
That would be hillarios to see the Walker shake or the Bowen arms raised with the expression...what my foul....;)

or the ability to control whether or not Kobe and Shaq shake hands, hug, nod, or ignore each other before each matchup. :lol

Mixability
09-22-2006, 11:27 AM
My fiance gave me Saints Row last night for the 360. Yeah, it's a GTA knock off, but it's been getting alot of good reviews. Haven't had time to play it yet though.

sa_butta
09-22-2006, 11:30 AM
My fiance gave me Saints Row last night for the 360. Yeah, it's a GTA knock off, but it's been getting alot of good reviews. Haven't had time to play it yet though.Ive seen the commercial for it, let me know if it is any good.
San Andreas was the best GTA. Liberty City sucks.

midgetonadonkey
09-22-2006, 11:36 AM
Is a PSP worth the cash? I brought this up in another thread and BeerIsGood gave his input. Just wondering what others thought.

Mixability
09-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Ive seen the commercial for it, let me know if it is any good.
San Andreas was the best GTA. Liberty City sucks.

I prefer Vice City, but mainly for the soundtrack.

I downloaded the demo on the Marketplace, it was alright, a little over top with the lingo.

Mixability
09-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Is a PSP worth the cash? I brought this up in another thread and BeerIsGood gave his input. Just wondering what others thought.

I've played it, it was alright looking if you NEED a portable. The games are a little pricey, but there's always ebay. Don't even bother with the movies, another MINIDISC invention by Sony.

sa_butta
09-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Is a PSP worth the cash? I brought this up in another thread and BeerIsGood gave his input. Just wondering what others thought.I think it is a nice portable, but me personally I have no need for a portable system. Its great if you travel or are not at home alot.

CuckingFunt
09-22-2006, 11:52 AM
I like it. There aren't a huge amount of interesting games available for it, but that doesn't really bother me because I mostly like handhelds for puzzle games -- Tetris on the original Gameboy is still like crack to me -- Lumines, Mercury and Loco Roco are all great time wasters.

Mixability
09-22-2006, 11:54 AM
I think it is a nice portable, but me personally I have no need for a portable system. Its great if you travel or are not at home alot.

Yeah, me too. The only traveling I do is to the coast and I'm usually driving. My boy has a gameboy which he's ok with, since he's only 1, he doesn't care if the graphics aren't 3D. I just hook up the 360 to the truck for trips for the people in the back.

midgetonadonkey
09-22-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm really looking for something I can bring to work with me. Online flash games just aren't cutting it anymore.

How's the battery life?

Johnny_Blaze_47

I just saw a posting on Craigslist for one with games (I think) for about $185.

Johnny_Blaze_47
Games are extra (my bad).

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ele/210641495.html

dougp
09-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Having owned a PSP and a DS Lite, I have to say that I prefer the DS Lite ... much more portable, cheaper games.

nkdlunch
09-22-2006, 12:56 PM
what's a good pc game that would look tight on my 50" HDTV?

I was thinking of a space fighter game type?

ALVAREZ6
09-22-2006, 02:32 PM
I prefer Vice City, but mainly for the soundtrack.

I downloaded the demo on the Marketplace, it was alright, a little over top with the lingo.
I loved Vice City, I used to play that game so fucking much.

I like Vice City better for its soundtrack and setting. Of course, San Andreas has all the newer features and shit because it's newer, but if Vice City was made as in-depth as San Andreas, it would have been really good.

Mixability
09-22-2006, 02:49 PM
I loved Vice City, I used to play that game so fucking much.

I like Vice City better for its soundtrack and setting. Of course, San Andreas has all the newer features and shit because it's newer, but if Vice City was made as in-depth as San Andreas, it would have been really good.

I played vice city when it came in the gta double pack for the xbox. I had a hard time playing gta III, because I had played vice city first. It just has a cool feel to it. gta sa was cool and all, but vice city's atmosphere couldn't be beat.

ALVAREZ6
09-22-2006, 02:58 PM
I played vice city when it came in the gta double pack for the xbox. I had a hard time playing gta III, because I had played vice city first. It just has a cool feel to it. gta sa was cool and all, but vice city's atmosphere couldn't be beat.
How old are you man? :lol

BeerIsGood!
09-22-2006, 03:00 PM
I still liked GTA 3 the best. Probably because I was still in college when it came out and I had more time to play it than I did Vice City or San Andreas. Vice City did have a good soundtrack, and I liked driving around in a low rider capping people listening to Snoop and Dre on San Andreas.

midgetonadonkey
09-22-2006, 03:01 PM
The drive by feature in San Andreas is badass. Nothing is better than loading the car full of your "homies" and busting caps. San Andreas is an amazing game.

Mixability
09-22-2006, 03:05 PM
How old are you man? :lol

26, why?

baseline bum
09-22-2006, 04:35 PM
I liked GTA3 way better than Vice City. The cities and gangs were way better IMO on GTA3. The soundtrack was incredible on Vice City though.. it really lent an 80's feel to it. San Andreas of course kills both of those, because there's so much crap you can do. I played it nonstop after buying it and I still must have spent 3 weeks beating the game.

LaMarcus Bryant
09-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Dark Reign, give us more info about warhammer 40k

dirk4mvp
09-22-2006, 04:49 PM
VC has the best theme, setting, and characters out of all the GTA's :tu

Vercetti>CJ

ALVAREZ6
09-22-2006, 04:57 PM
26, why?
Nevermind.

I was just wondering, I thought you were older.

ALVAREZ6
09-22-2006, 05:04 PM
I liked GTA3 way better than Vice City. The cities and gangs were way better IMO on GTA3. The soundtrack was incredible on Vice City though.. it really lent an 80's feel to it. San Andreas of course kills both of those, because there's so much crap you can do. I played it nonstop after buying it and I still must have spent 3 weeks beating the game.
But just imagine if Vice City was the newer game with all the shit San Andreas has, it would be better than San Andreas is.

I played Vice City the most by far, even though I played San Andreas a shit load of time too. I loved Vice City, and the timing for its release was perfect. It was around the time of the 20th Anniversary of Scarface DVD collection came out and people started buying the Scarface DVD's, and it was on TV pretty frequently too. Vice City is pretty much Scarface.

Tommy Vercetti takes the mansion that's just like Tony Montana's, the red walls and shit, the room in the middle of the 2nd level with the desk, back window and surveilance monitors. Then, the Malibu club is pretty damn similar to Club Babylon from Scarface, or was it the Babylon Club? And the way Scarface ends is exactly how the missions for Vice City end, with all the enemies pouring into the mansion and both characters are up on the 2nd level rifling away at people. But of course, Vercetti doesn't die, unless you really suck.

Vice City >>>>> San Andreas

dirk4mvp
09-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Vice City Stories is coming out for PSP sometime soon. :tu

Lance Vance's brother is the main character and it's set 2 years prior to the original VC. :tu

baseline bum
09-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Vice City is way too short of a game. It took me two days to beat it after buying it, playing the same amount of time per day as I did GTASA. The South Beach area was awesome, but so much else in the map was crap. The Golf Course and the Mall took up so much space on the map, and were pretty boring places. The second island was boring as hell on GTAVC. The 'Final' mission of GTAVC is the best of the GTA series (GTA3 and later), but overall, the game is the weakest of the three IMO.

I love the way GTASA is laid out. You're really supposed to be Lime Street Piru (Bloods) in Compton, you drive to the east side (Watts) to fight Grape Street Watts (Crips), aka the Ballaz in the game. The city looks just like LA. Huge hills and steep streets on the east side in the latino neighborhoods, the giant storm drain of the LA river, the steep droppoff at Santa Monica pier, all the buildings of downtown LA, the retarded drivers on the highways. Then, there's the redwood forests between LA and San Francisco, the ability to jump on top of the Luxor and have the best place to snipe cops from, and so on. There's more weapons, more and better cars and bikes, a game that's easily 10x longer, and so on. The gang wars are way better than the rampages were. Hot coffee is way more fun than parking the car with your hooker and then killing her to get your money back. The dancing and lowrider competitions are badass, as is the ability to become such a pimp the hookers pay you to bang them. Robbing Caesar's Palace is a close second to the Tony Montana mansion shootout in Vice City.

CuckingFunt
09-22-2006, 05:31 PM
I like Vice City and San Andreas the best because there's more to do if you don't have the patience for the missions. I just like doing stupid shit like trying to carjack the cops -- they're not very fond of that, for the record.

baseline bum
09-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Vice City doesn't give you the option of taking your date to the top of a scyscraper and pushing her off if she doesn't put out like San Andreas does. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
09-23-2006, 02:02 AM
if you got a DS, get final fantasy 12

velik_m
09-23-2006, 04:00 AM
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, comes out in late october.

danyel
09-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey, how about this one http://www.marvelultimatealliance.com/

Looks pretty cool...

TDMVPDPOY
09-23-2006, 04:54 PM
i seriously wanna get pro evolution soccer 4, or winning eleven 9 whatever is the latest......either one would do since its from the same company, same system, but different names for their respective platforms.

damn it just came back from a lanparty at friends place, freakn so tired

danyel
09-23-2006, 06:28 PM
i seriously wanna get pro evolution soccer 4, or winning eleven 9 whatever is the latest......either one would do since its from the same company, same system, but different names for their respective platforms.

damn it just came back from a lanparty at friends place, freakn so tired

Actually Winning Eleven 9 is the latest, Pro Evolution Soccer is the European name. PES 5 = WE 9

Its the best sport game I've played by far...

dirk4mvp
09-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Which NBA game do you guys think will be better? Personally, I think 2K7 will blow Live 07 out of the water. Go here--->http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2743 and look at the 2K7 trailers. They look great. :tu

leemajors
09-23-2006, 09:14 PM
was vice city the one with entire scientist rids the world of the evil curse of the vampires album on it?

BeerIsGood!
09-24-2006, 02:07 AM
was vice city the one with entire scientist rids the world of the evil curse of the vampires album on it?
No, that was GTA3. I loved that damn station... KJAH!! I hadn't heard that Scientist album in about 10 years until that game... great album.

Mixability
09-27-2006, 02:57 PM
NBA 2K7..... WOW.

I played a few regular season games last night and the realism is amazing. The first game against the Mavs came down to the last couple of shots. Might of been a coincidence, but Dirk was called for a charge on Bowen and a cutscene played of Dirk pointing to Bowen and complaining, no joke. :lmao

But the most realistic thing: Rasho on the Raptors STILL can't dunk. :lmao

dirk4mvp
09-27-2006, 04:16 PM
I played a few regular season games last night and the realism is amazing. The first game against the Mavs came down to the last couple of shots. Might of been a coincidence, but Dirk was called for a charge on Bowen and a cutscene played of Dirk pointing to Bowen and complaining, no joke.

Any Manu flops?

:angel

Mixability
09-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Any Manu flops?

:angel

actually yeah.....

:lmao

I'm glad that Dirk actually acts like Dirk. On previous versions of 2k, most of the power forwards just posted up, now you can tell the difference between TD and Dirk. TD likes the block or jab steps for the bank shot. Dirk will hang out on the wings and actually act like Dirk...fadeaways and jumpers. :tu

Mixability
10-11-2006, 11:54 AM
anyone have Test Drive Unlimited?

the mmorpg aspect of it sounds intriguing, but should I wait for the next Forza?

mcornelio
10-11-2006, 12:00 PM
yo danyo, did u get around to playing saints row? i got it yesterday, but i only played it for a bit... seems kind of just like gta but with wayyy better graphics and online play? what do you think of it?

Condemned 2 HelLA
10-11-2006, 12:14 PM
NBA 2K7..... WOW.

I played a few regular season games last night and the realism is amazing. The first game against the Mavs came down to the last couple of shots. Might of been a coincidence, but Dirk was called for a charge on Bowen and a cutscene played of Dirk pointing to Bowen and complaining, no joke. :lmao

Does Cuban get up off the bench and start bitching and whining?

But the most realistic thing: Rasho on the Raptors STILL can't dunk. :lmao

Angel and RF are gonna have your ass for that comment!
Still funny as hell, though!

Mixability
10-11-2006, 12:17 PM
yo danyo, did u get around to playing saints row? i got it yesterday, but i only played it for a bit... seems kind of just like gta but with wayyy better graphics and online play? what do you think of it?

I'm kinda overwhelmed right now with Madden and 2k7 and GRAW.

But I'm about 10% through it, it's pretty good. The soundtrack is just alright not GTA quality though.

Mixability
10-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Does Cuban get up off the bench and start bitching and whining?

Angel and RF are gonna have your ass for that comment!
Still funny as hell, though!

I guess they saved Cuban for 2K8. :lol

I swear they have a digital Angel stalking the players from the stands...

mcornelio
10-11-2006, 12:26 PM
I guess they saved Cuban for 2K8. :lol

I swear they have a digital Angel stalking the players from the stands...:lol Thats Not Nice.

baseline bum
10-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Cell Factor, Christmas 2007 (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9867&type=mov)

Mixability
10-12-2006, 01:05 PM
I went to Gamestop last night to get my refund on my reservation of NBA2K7. I had prepaid the entire amount in full to make sure they couldn't fuck up... again. They went through the process of trying, unsuccessfully, to get me to reserve any other upcoming game.

The guy went through his list of about 7 games, while I repeatedly declined and just asked for my money. He wouldn't stop, so I politely said to him, " I didn't want to say this in front of your other customers, but the reason I didn't come get my copy of 2K7 is because all the area Wal-marts, Targets and Best Buys had their copies in stock a full 2 days before you. For a game store, ya'll aren't really good about getting stuff on release day."

For the past year or so I've started to use Gamestop as a last resort when it came to getting new releases, but for the past few releases:Madden, NBA2K7, GRAW, etc., they've either not called when a game has arrived, sold my reserved copy, or they get their stuff late.

I've actually gotten a call almost a week later, I think it was for Saints Row, that my preorder had arrived. They must know me there already, because I went right after they called, got my refund, and told the guy, "I think Best Buy is hijacking the UPS truck with all your games, because they had it last week."

Gamestop is pretty good with system preorders though.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-12-2006, 01:17 PM
I hate the pushy pre-order bullshit at Gamestop. I got my PS2 about 18 months ago, so most of the games I've bought have been older ones that are still new to me. I'm always buying stuff that's like 3 years old, and never spend more than about $20 on a game and yet they still try to cram the new stuff down my throat.

"I see you're buying NCAA Football 2004. Would you like to pre-order NCAA 2009?"
"No."
"Madden 2012?"
"Nope, just ring me up."
"NFL Street for the PS4?"
:flipoff

Mixability
10-12-2006, 03:49 PM
I hate the pushy pre-order bullshit at Gamestop. I got my PS2 about 18 months ago, so most of the games I've bought have been older ones that are still new to me. I'm always buying stuff that's like 3 years old, and never spend more than about $20 on a game and yet they still try to cram the new stuff down my throat.

"I see you're buying NCAA Football 2004. Would you like to pre-order NCAA 2009?"
"No."
"Madden 2012?"
"Nope, just ring me up."
"NFL Street for the PS4?"
:flipoff

I have a bad habit of having to get everything on release day. But when they can't even get shit before the "non-gamer" stores, that's the last straw.

dirk4mvp
10-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Even though they're the same shit, I think EB Games is better than Gamestop. Maybe it's just the one I go to.....

Gears of War coming out a month today. Anybody getting it?

THE SIXTH MAN
10-13-2006, 12:27 AM
I'm thinking about selling my ps2 slim design and everything that I own for it. It includes the system with all the cords in good condition. Two dual shock remotes, and two memory cards, and a PlayStation DVD remote. A PlayStation 2 Cary Cass that has pockets on the inside for all the wires and controllers, and in the front of the case holds ps2 games. And 13 games with it including madden 05, 06, 07, NBA live 05, 06, NBA ballers 1 and 2, metal gear snake eater, grand turismo 4, and NCAA football 02, 05, 06, plus other game titles. Which way can I go to get the most money for it? Should I take it to Game Stop or Game Crazy, or should I just try and sell it to a pawn shop? Or should I just try to sell it on eBay? Also what should I realistically expect to get for what I want to sell if I sold everything together? I'm getting a 360 in two weeks, so I kind of just want to start buying games for that instead of the ps2. That's why I want to sell it because when I get my 360 my ps2 will probably just collect dust in my closet.

mcornelio
10-13-2006, 07:42 AM
i cant wait for gears of war but i dont think ill get it on monday, im overseas and here shit doesnt get to the stores for a couple of days...

Mixability
10-13-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm thinking about selling my ps2 slim design and everything that I own for it. It includes the system with all the cords in good condition. Two dual shock remotes, and two memory cards, and a PlayStation DVD remote. A PlayStation 2 Cary Cass that has pockets on the inside for all the wires and controllers, and in the front of the case holds ps2 games. And 13 games with it including madden 05, 06, 07, NBA live 05, 06, NBA ballers 1 and 2, metal gear snake eater, grand turismo 4, and NCAA football 02, 05, 06, plus other game titles. Which way can I go to get the most money for it? Should I take it to Game Stop or Game Crazy, or should I just try and sell it to a pawn shop? Or should I just try to sell it on eBay? Also what should I realistically expect to get for what I want to sell if I sold everything together? I'm getting a 360 in two weeks, so I kind of just want to start buying games for that instead of the ps2. That's why I want to sell it because when I get my 360 my ps2 will probably just collect dust in my closet.

don't ever sell your systems. you'll never get back what they're worth.

Mixability
10-13-2006, 10:48 AM
i cant wait for gears of war but i dont think ill get it on monday, im overseas and here shit doesnt get to the stores for a couple of days...

GOW is looking pretty good. The multiplayer doesn't have much to offer, but the main game is sick!

TDMVPDPOY
10-13-2006, 12:11 PM
that new zelda game, heard its goin to be release on the gamecube, you can only get it via online pre-order....

Mixability
10-13-2006, 12:23 PM
that new zelda game, heard its goin to be release on the gamecube, you can only get it via online pre-order....

not on the Wii?

mcornelio
10-13-2006, 01:34 PM
i need a good fps on xbl like halo 2 back in the day... i used to feen that shit with my clan on xbl... ahh the good old days...

THE SIXTH MAN
10-14-2006, 01:01 AM
don't ever sell your systems. you'll never get back what they're worth.
I went out today to see what I could get from game stop and game crazy. Lets just say I'm probably going to just keep my stuff. Any way has any body played test drive for the 360? If so is it worth buying? :downspin:

Texas_Ranger
10-14-2006, 01:45 AM
I will get myself Half life 2: Episode 2, NBA 2K7, and Pro evolution soccer 6.

TDMVPDPOY
10-14-2006, 02:03 AM
not on the Wii?

Yeh it be release on WII also, but they are makin this a special since there is demand for it on the gamecube....but you have to go through the japanese site of pre-ordering it, you cant get it anywhere else.

dirk4mvp
10-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Here is a screenshot of NBA 2k7 on the PS3.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/737/737075/nba-2k7-20061003031421323.jpg

midgetonadonkey
10-14-2006, 10:55 AM
I played Scarface on the PSP and it is fucking terrible. Terrible. It is pretty much the board game Risk. No shooting, no stealing cars or killing people, just a putting drug labs in different spots on a map. It fucking sucks.

mcornelio
10-14-2006, 11:32 AM
The Elder Scrolls Obvlivion... Got It Yesterday, Only Played It Like 2 Hours But Its Fucking Awsome... Im Not Into RPG's But This Shit Is Tight! I Stole A Horse And Im Hiding In Some Cave Somewhere, And Guards Are Looking For Me.

Marklar MM
10-14-2006, 11:42 AM
I get my games from Meijer on release days. Don't have to preorder, and they always got shit. Bought Halo 2 on release day from there. Its my secret location...shh.

resistanze
10-14-2006, 06:16 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Kool-AidMan.jpg

dirk4mvp
10-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Damn, I'm itching to play the new Mortal Kombat.

resistanze
10-14-2006, 09:14 PM
^^ Played it last night. god damn, like 50 characters to choose from!

Another game added to my X-mas break play list.

dirk4mvp
10-14-2006, 09:28 PM
^^ Played it last night. god damn, like 50 characters to choose from!

Another game added to my X-mas break play list.

And yet I only need one. Scorpion. :ihit

resistanze
10-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Yeah Scorp is one bad motherfucker, I use him 80% of the time.

GET OVER HERE!!!! Bitch.

baseline bum
10-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Got a 360 and NBA2k7 yesterday... far and away the greatest basketball game I've ever played. Manu looks like crap in it, but the rest of the game is freaking amazing. I'm done with Live.

sickdsm
10-16-2006, 08:41 AM

Fingerguard

Mixability
10-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Here is a screenshot of NBA 2k7 on the PS3.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/737/737075/nba-2k7-20061003031421323.jpg

I expected more from Sony, but oh well.

Mixability
10-16-2006, 09:45 AM
I played Scarface on the PSP and it is fucking terrible. Terrible. It is pretty much the board game Risk. No shooting, no stealing cars or killing people, just a putting drug labs in different spots on a map. It fucking sucks.

Sounds like Sim City. That sucks.

dougp
10-16-2006, 09:58 AM
I need to throw a game up there - ran and got it cause of no net/TV ...

Company of Heroes ... possibly the BEST RTS game I've ever played. Or, it atleast ranks up there beside Total Annihilation ... we'll see how long it can hold onto my attention when Supeme Commander comes out though.

Mixability
10-16-2006, 10:17 AM

Company of Heroes ... possibly the BEST RTS game I've ever played. Or, it atleast ranks up there beside Total Annihilation ... we'll see how long it can hold onto my attention when Supeme Commander comes out though.

Halo Wars is supposed to be an RTS, which I have no experience with. Hopefully it's good enough for me to enjoy an RTS for the first time.

DarkReign
10-16-2006, 10:41 AM

I am addicted to Warhammer 40K. Dark Crusade just came out. Long, sleepless nights.

dirk4mvp
10-16-2006, 03:50 PM
I expected more from Sony, but oh well.

Probably just unfinished. Still more than a month till it launches.

dirk4mvp
10-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Holy Shit :wow I played NBA 2k7 on the 360 at Circuit City. That game is beutiful as hell. Everything about it wowed the hell out me!

And I got Mortal Kombat :fro

LaMarcus Bryant
10-16-2006, 06:22 PM
I am addicted to Warhammer 40K. Dark Crusade just came out. Long, sleepless nights.

What platform is that game for? I played old school Warhammer Dark Omen for PS, and it blew ass. I imagine the newer games have to be better, couldn't possibly be any worse.

dougp
10-17-2006, 07:17 AM
What platform is that game for? I played old school Warhammer Dark Omen for PS, and it blew ass. I imagine the newer games have to be better, couldn't possibly be any worse.
Warhammer 40k RTS games are all for PC ... they're actually pretty good. I can't wait for Warhammer Online though, with how Mythic makes PvP - this game will be freakin awesome, just hope it can survive the onslaught of WoW.

Mixability
10-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Xbox Live rocks.

That is all.

TDMVPDPOY
10-20-2006, 11:05 AM
wow screen sshots of Command n conquer 3 looks sweet, looks like another collection to my set of cnc games :D:D

only bad thing is fuckn EA made the game, i hate them for buyin out there competitors where they keep on showin shit games with bugs, they should fix there own problems first.

baseline bum
10-21-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm really looking for something I can bring to work with me. Online flash games just aren't cutting it anymore.

How's the battery life?

My PSP gets the full 5 hours between charges with the screen at its full brightness setting.

Having owned a PSP and a DS Lite, I have to say that I prefer the DS Lite ... much more portable, cheaper games.

True, the PSP is huge if you get a case (which is a must, since if you scratch that glossy LCD you're screwed). I'm sure all my right pants pockets are going to be screwed soon. It was a tough call for me, but I went with PSP because I like GTA more than Mario, but I'm still itching to get a DS just for New Super Mario Brothers. I'll prob put it off for a while though, because I want a Wii ASAP.

On 360 or XBox? HL2 doesn't come out for X360 until January I think. :(

The Elder Scrolls Obvlivion... Got It Yesterday, Only Played It Like 2 Hours But Its Fucking Awsome... Im Not Into RPG's But This Shit Is Tight! I Stole A Horse And Im Hiding In Some Cave Somewhere, And Guards Are Looking For Me.

That was the second game I got with my 360 last week. Now that I'm not working 80 hour weeks anymore I've actually had time to play this, and it's outstanding. I love how you have the ability to freely roam wherever, even when outside of a town. I usually hate RPGs, but this is more like a suped-up Zelda.

BTW check this game called Lair (PS3 exclusive). It looks like it'll finally be a game that'll make buying a PS3 worth it.

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/9804/lairsswg8.jpg

Lair looks like it will actually make great use of PS3's Sixaxis controller. Having played some driving games on PS3, the Sixaxis (PS3 default controller) is awesome for it, and I can see great possibilites for it in flying games like Lair.

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1874/lairss1by4.jpg

resistanze
10-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Anyone play Bully by Rockstar games? I'm gonna fucking fail my midterms next week.

baseline bum
10-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Anyone play Bully by Rockstar games? I'm gonna fucking fail my midterms next week.

Sucks that it's only on PS2. Look like an awesome game.

dirk4mvp
10-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Damn, Lair looks nice, even if it's not really my type of game, I'd try it out.

My most anticipated game: Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3 Exclusive). Sci-Fi FPS. Looks incredible. Can't wait for it. :)

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l262/KingJordan_1990/resistance-fall-of-man-200610190423.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l262/KingJordan_1990/resistance-fall-of-man-200610190-1.jpg

Mixability
10-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Rumor: EB/Gamestop workers fired if PS3/Wii listed on eBay
Posted Oct 24th 2006 4:00AM by Zack Stern
Filed under: Sony PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii, Business

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/24/rumor-eb-gamestop-workers-fired-if-ps3-wii-listed-on-ebay/

One of our moles reports that EB/Gamestop corporate overlords are tracking eBay PS3 and Wii sales, with the promise of termination if an employee-bought system is listed. Our own digging corroborated the story, but we think this plan is a threat at best.

Retailers scan game hardware serial numbers into their databases when making a sale; the receipt may even list the ever-so-unique number. But you shouldn't need to list the serial number on eBay to make a sale, so why do it? The EB/Gamestop bosses could buy specific listings and hope to catch employees, but that seems like a lot of costly work. Even then, the odds will be in favor of the EB/Gamestop worker-turned-profiteer.

People will make money reselling scarce launch hardware; that's a fact of gaming. We like the idea of EB/Gamestop trying to get consoles into the hands of gamers, but this plan may have little impact.

Texas_Ranger
10-25-2006, 12:02 PM
On 360 or XBox? HL2 doesn't come out for X360 until January I think. :(

On PC. I would like to get him for PS2, but they will make it just for PS3.
:(

MannyIsGod
10-27-2006, 02:36 PM
My PC is actually capable of running decent games now. I have no idea what to get, or if I should even get anything.

I see someone mentioned Total Annihilation above, that game was fucking AWESOME. I played that on a LAN nightly when I was 16 at a company I worked for. Most of the office would stay behind and we'd have some epic battles. If Company of Heroes is that good I may have to check it out.

dougp
10-27-2006, 02:38 PM
My PC is actually capable of running decent games now. I have no idea what to get, or if I should even get anything.

I see someone mentioned Total Annihilation above, that game was fucking AWESOME. I played that on a LAN nightly when I was 16 at a company I worked for. Most of the office would stay behind and we'd have some epic battles. If Company of Heroes is that good I may have to check it out.
TA is the BEST RTS ever, period. There's no arguement to it! Company of Heroes is pretty damn good though, and comes close ... the only game I see actually beating TA will be Supreme Commander.

TxJudsonRocketTx
10-27-2006, 02:48 PM
TA is the BEST RTS ever, period. There's no arguement to it! Company of Heroes is pretty damn good though, and comes close ... the only game I see actually beating TA will be Supreme Commander.

Was just about to mention CoH, I hear its pretty incredible and the first WWII RTS if I'm not mistaken but I could be wrong. I've been playing Rome Total War again after a year away and that is still one of the best games I've ever played, and I have the demo of Medieval Total War II and the new fighting system is crazy on that one

TxJudsonRocketTx
10-27-2006, 02:52 PM
The new game in the Battlefield series also just came out http://gamerevolution.com/review/pc/battlefield_2142

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-27-2006, 03:11 PM
I forgot how good the ESPN NFL2K series was.

I downloaded updated rosters for this season and remember exactly why I actually went and dropped money on this game every time it came out.

For some reason, though, I couldn't find my original disc, so I went and bought a pretty decent used copy for $1.99 @ Gamestop.

Mixability
10-27-2006, 04:02 PM
I downloaded the new Tony Hawk, Project 8 on Live a couple days ago. It's amazing. You can even get it close to realistic if you pull down the speed sliders, as realistic as a combo line across the city can get, but you get the idea. The new "nail the trick" feature is awesome, you independently control both your feet to create unique tricks. Since I used to skate, I appreciate the effort they're making to get it as real as possible.

http://files.xboxic.com/xbox-360/tony-hawk-project-8/10780010.jpg

Marklar MM
10-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Starcraft

Cant_Be_Faded
10-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Starcraft was the fucking SHIT. Pego and I used to play that like crackheads. I had a pimped out Ladder rating on battle.net, then some dude who said he was a 12 year old owned me.

BTW, to whoever mentioned Bully--how old are you guys???

resistanze
10-30-2006, 12:37 AM
What's wrong with Bully? Similar game structure of a GTA or Warriors, fun game. I don't gotta be a 15 year old boarding school student to enjoy that shit.

leemajors
10-30-2006, 01:44 AM
video games peaked with kings quest on the trs-80. you have reached a fork in the wood. will you go left or right?

Texas_Ranger
10-30-2006, 02:12 AM
Yesterday I playes Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 on PS2. For me, it`s one of the best fighting games ever.

DarkReign
10-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Starcraft was the fucking SHIT. Pego and I used to play that like crackheads. I had a pimped out Ladder rating on battle.net, then some dude who said he was a 12 year old owned me.

BTW, to whoever mentioned Bully--how old are you guys???

True story. South Korea has 3 (count them, 3!) tv stations devoted to nothing but video games tournaments.

Whats BY FAR the most popular to this very day? Starcraft.

Korea ownz j00. I in yo bass killn all y0ur dewds.

DarkReign
10-30-2006, 11:51 AM

If you liked TA, wait for Supreme Commander. Its the spiritual successor to TA (kind of like BioShock is to System Shock).

But, if you want to play a RTS (RTS = real-time startegy) that really breaks the typical mold and delivers an intense atmosphere, go with Company of Heroes.

Its a system hog, but it can be scaled to almost any relevant system. Its an excellent, excellent game.

dougp
10-30-2006, 12:06 PM
If you liked TA, wait for Supreme Commander. Its the spiritual successor to TA (kind of like BioShock is to System Shock).

But, if you want to play a RTS (RTS = real-time startegy) that really breaks the typical mold and delivers an intense atmosphere, go with Company of Heroes.

Its a system hog, but it can be scaled to almost any relevant system. Its an excellent, excellent game.
you don't give homage to your own name? ;)

And starcraft wasn't much of a strategy game ... only reason it is so popular is because it can run on any system out.

DarkReign
10-30-2006, 12:15 PM
you don't give homage to your own name? ;)

And starcraft wasn't much of a strategy game ... only reason it is so popular is because it can run on any system out.

I never played Dark Reign. I never even heard of it until 4 years ago.

I was kid playing video games for the NES. When the game asked you to name your saved game (I think the first game to do that was Zelda), I didnt want to name it Blake every time. So I stewed about a cool name.

Hence, Dark Reign. Over time, its gotten hokey and dilluted, I realize that. But its the same name I have been using for almost 20 years.

I plan on using it for the next 20 as well.

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2006, 12:31 PM
every weekend me mates and i have lan night at someones joint and play till sunrise

wc3 frozen thrown - 3 corridors ftw!!

starcraft i never enjoyed this game since im a slow starter on it who only likes to build bases and wait for time limit than attack, thats how i like to play, or no super weapons.

best game? PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 5 , played it on PC, and play with friends on xbox teams, fuckn awesome how realistic the gameplay is....very well co-ordinated game, but the manager system is fucked up not good as ea fifa series and it doesnt have many league or team liscenses as ea fifa :(, but better than nothing.

Texas_Ranger
10-30-2006, 01:05 PM
^^ Yea, PES5 really is the best soccer game. I barely am waiting that I get PES6.

TDMVPDPOY
11-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Hey all the major shoppin centres in australia will have Wii trials :D:D and there is some GAMES expo goin on, i try and nab free tickets and attend it see what if its good, some crap like e3 in america.......anyway there was announcement japan market will get dvd playback on their systems...

Mixability
11-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Ahhhh, I have a copy of Tony Hawk Project 8 and Gears of War waiting for me............... times are good.

And a HUGE raise today to help me pay for all the new stuff coming out.

:downspin:

Mixability
11-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Damn, Gears of War, Project 8, Call of Duty 3 and Rainbow Six:Vegas.....

Hmmm, 4 great games or 5 tanks of gas for my tahoe.......

:lmao

Squid
11-08-2006, 12:48 PM
I just rented Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories for my PSP and I was very surprised by how well it plays. I was thinking it was going to be a linear, story based game, but I was shocked to see it's free roaming like the PS2 counterpart.

Mixability
11-08-2006, 12:52 PM
I just rented Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories for my PSP and I was very surprised by how well it plays. I was thinking it was going to be a linear, story based game, but I was shocked to see it's free roaming like the PS2 counterpart.

at least it was better than that Scarface shit you played.

Squid
11-08-2006, 01:51 PM
That Scarface game was complete shit. Fucking terrible.

Mixability
11-08-2006, 01:55 PM

The xbox/ps2 version was said to be GTA-like, not Sim-City like that PSP version.

DarkReign
11-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Gears of War today.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Anyone play GoW yet?

DarkReign
11-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Anyone play GoW yet?

Some big shipping mishap at EB Games. The store I preordered from didnt receive one copy.

Tomorrow.

11-08-2006, 07:03 PM
I need a review ASAP.

If it's great, it will give me the reason I need to waste my money on something I really don't need.

11-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Add EB games to my shit list.

- Manny

baseline bum
11-08-2006, 10:59 PM

Scarface is complete shit on any system, but especially so on PSP. GTA-LCS is awesome on PSP, and as soon as I beat it I'll check out Vice City Stories.

DarkReign
11-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Gears of War Reviews

Gamespot.com (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gearsofwar/review.html?sid=6161188&tag=topslot;action;2&om_act=convert&click=topslot)

Gamespy.com (http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/gears-of-war/744635p1.html)

Yahoo Games (http://videogames.yahoo.com/gamereview?cid=1951037562&tab=reviews&page=0&eid=491455)

Video Review @ Gametrailers.com (http://www.gametrailers.com/images/gtscore_bot1.gif)

IGN.com (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/744/744356p1.html)

Thats all for now...

themvp
11-09-2006, 09:18 AM
...playing video games is nothing but waste of time...

DFW Spurs
11-09-2006, 09:22 AM
GOW!!! Got it yesterday... I didn't sleep at all last night... The chainsaw is a bad mother...

Mixability
11-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Fuck Gears of War....

Contra is now on Xbox Live.

:fro

DFW Spurs
11-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Don't hate on GOW... But you got a point, contra does kick ass in an old school way...

Mixability
11-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Don't hate on GOW... But you got a point, contra does kick ass in an old school way...

forgot to use the blue font.....

:dramaquee

11-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Gears of War Reviews

Gamespot.com (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gearsofwar/review.html?sid=6161188&tag=topslot;action;2&om_act=convert&click=topslot)

Gamespy.com (http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/gears-of-war/744635p1.html)

Yahoo Games (http://videogames.yahoo.com/gamereview?cid=1951037562&tab=reviews&page=0&eid=491455)

Video Review @ Gametrailers.com (http://www.gametrailers.com/images/gtscore_bot1.gif)

IGN.com (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/744/744356p1.html)

Thats all for now...

Good enough for me...

http://i13.tinypic.com/30dgqw0.jpg

Mixability
11-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Good enough for me...

http://i13.tinypic.com/30dgqw0.jpg

you mean you're wasting your money on a 360, when the PS3 is coming out!??!??!??!?!

:spin

11-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Yep. And I'll probably buy a PS3 as well.

Mixability
11-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Yep. And I'll probably buy a PS3 as well.

same here, along with a Wii. I'm gonna have a system for each room of the house. Seriously.

Including the bathroom.

Gotta get that approved by the vieja first though.

11-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Somebody has to keep the economy going, right?

Right?!?

Mixability
11-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Somebody has to keep the economy going, right?

Right?!?

Riiiiiiight.

The first reviews out for the PS3 launch titles aren't very good though. Room for Improvement though.

11-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah, it looks like the smart time to buy a PS3 would be this time next year.

No apps = no buy.

I figure why not have HD-DVD and Blu-ray? Can't we all just get along...?

Burn531
11-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Holy shit! Gears of War is awesome. Everywhere I went yesterday it was sold out. EB Games had about 40 copies this morning.

The game play is great. Reminds me of Halo for some reason.

DarkReign
11-10-2006, 11:31 AM
I like GoW. Graphically...wow. Only Oblivion (for PC) is better, nothing else even compares.

I had a looooong day yesterday at work and barely made it to EB before they closed @ 9pm. Then I went to the bar (Busters).

Played what one could consider the first level/stage. I like it alot. I cant wait to play MP this weekend even though I know I am going to get owned up (I hate console shooters).

All in all, Im pretty impressed.

MannyIsGod
11-10-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm going to get Oblivion, but I went and picked up Morrowind today. I'll play this through then I'll get Oblivion.

Mixability
11-10-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm going to get Oblivion, but I went and picked up Morrowind today. I'll play this through then I'll get Oblivion.

Good luck...... I didn't even get 10% through. But then again the newest releases always steal my attention. I didn't finish Madden because of 2K7, didn't finish 2K7 because of Gears of War, and now Call of Duty 3 is out.

:pctoss

MannyIsGod
11-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Eh, I'm always way behind. But I never feel the need to get something when it first comes out.

johnsmith
11-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Eh, I'm always way behind. But I never feel the need to get something when it first comes out.

Agreed.

DarkReign
11-10-2006, 12:23 PM

If you get Oblivion, here are some tips.

Cancel all appointments.
Tell your gf that work is sending you to Idaho
Tell work your girlfriend is lost in Idaho
Tell your friends youre vacationing in Idaho
Eat a very large meal because it will have to sustain you for no less than 72 hours.
Cut the top off a 2 liter for bio
If you smoke, buy a carton
If you smoke, buy an ounce
If you drink, buy a keg

You get the idea.

Marklar MM
11-10-2006, 12:25 PM
I am still playing Call of Duty 2, and loving it.

MannyIsGod
11-10-2006, 12:30 PM
:lol

Did you get that into it? It'll probably be quite some time before I get Oblivion since I just now got Morrowind and the 2 expansions but hopefully I'll enjoy it.

baseline bum
11-10-2006, 01:47 PM
If you get Oblivion, here are some tips.

Cancel all appointments.
Tell your gf that work is sending you to Idaho
Tell work your girlfriend is lost in Idaho
Tell your friends youre vacationing in Idaho
Eat a very large meal because it will have to sustain you for no less than 72 hours.
Cut the top off a 2 liter for bio
If you smoke, buy a carton
If you smoke, buy an ounce
If you drink, buy a keg

You get the idea.

:lol

Morrowind is even worse. Oblivion is great on the 360, except for the pauses every couple of minutes to load the map. I'm about 37 hours in, which means I'm about 1/7th of the way done with it. :lol

Great game though. I usually hate RPGs, but this one is so well done it's worth it.

I am still playing Call of Duty 2, and loving it.

COD2 is amazing. It has the best framerate I've ever seen on the 360. Makes COD3 look like freaking crap.

11-11-2006, 02:39 AM
GoW was beautiful and a great game to play, but way, way too short.

I expected more.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Gow wont be release on ps3 id read....

anyway wiiiiiiiiiiwiiiiiiiiiiii

MannyIsGod
11-11-2006, 08:36 AM
Morrowind seems pretty kick ass so far. It does seem like I'll still not have finished this game months from now though. Thats good and band, I need resolution.

DGLF, I remember how I felt when I got MOH: Pacific Assault. I couldn't believe it was that short. It completely pissed me off. Games that are super short are the biggest wastes of money.

MannyIsGod
11-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Actually, I'm tempted to forgo Morrowind and go get Oblivion. I'm not sure if Ill ever play enough to finish this version and I'd like to have the better graphics.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2006, 09:11 AM
im tryin to save up for 24' lcd screen.....

then i build my comp....

CuckingFunt
11-11-2006, 09:57 AM
DGLF, I remember how I felt when I got MOH: Pacific Assault. I couldn't believe it was that short. It completely pissed me off. Games that are super short are the biggest wastes of money.Depends on the game. God of War is pretty short, but damn if I don't still love that game even after beating it six times. I'd much rather have a short but super fun game than one that's a little longer but has absolutely zero replay value.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2006, 10:56 AM
if they can devote there time on short games, i see no reason why they cant bring out expansions for it if its that popular....and mods suck also

DarkReign
11-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Most games arent made for the single-player experience.

GoW is being sold on its multi-player merits. Same goes for alot of games.

Mixability
11-13-2006, 10:17 AM
GoW is being sold on its multi-player merits.

And even then, it doesn't have as many options for multiplayer as Halo 2

Mixability
11-13-2006, 05:53 PM
add Viva Pinata to my list.

:pctoss

Ballcox
11-13-2006, 06:07 PM
^Manny, if you pick up Oblivion you won't be playing Morrowind for quite some time, maybe never, Oblivion is that good. Easily one the top 3 games I've played on the 360 so far. Of course I haven't picked up GOW yet. Did just finish COD2 (borrowed it from a friend) on the hardest difficulty setting and that game was tough as hell, fun, but tough as hell.

baseline bum
11-13-2006, 06:20 PM
^Manny, if you pick up Oblivion you won't be playing Morrowind for quite some time, maybe never, Oblivion is that good. Easily one the top 3 games I've played on the 360 so far. Of course I haven't picked up GOW yet. Did just finish COD2 (borrowed it from a friend) on the hardest difficulty setting and that game was tough as hell, fun, but tough as hell.

Oblivion's an amazing game, but the loading on X360 is frustrating as hell.

Ballcox
11-13-2006, 06:30 PM
^Yeah, loading times (and frequency) get a little old, but overall the game is just amazing. My top 3 (that I've played) for the 360 so far:

1. Oblivion
2. Need for Speed/Underground
3. Saints Row

Also play the shit out of NBA 2K7, great game as well.

baseline bum
11-13-2006, 06:35 PM
I heard Saints Row had horrible tearing. Oblivion's still my #1 by far for 360, even with the really bad loading times (it will actually stop and load while you're playing the game, for anyone who hasn't played it... I've also heard it also does the same on PC, unless you're system is really high-end).

My top 3:

1) Oblivion
2) NBA 2k7
3) Call of Duty 2

dirk4mvp
11-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Depends on the game. God of War is pretty short, but damn if I don't still love that game even after beating it six times. I'd much rather have a short but super fun game than one that's a little longer but has absolutely zero replay value.

Hell ya. God of War is a fucking amazing game. Probably the best ps2 game I've played along with Devil May Cry 3 and Resident Evil 4. :tu

Ballcox
11-13-2006, 07:08 PM
I heard Saints Row had horrible tearing. Oblivion's still my #1 by far for 360, even with the really bad loading times (it will actually stop and load while you're playing the game, for anyone who hasn't played it... I've also heard it also does the same on PC, unless you're system is really high-end).

My top 3:

1) Oblivion
2) NBA 2k7
3) Call of Duty 2

There is some tearing, but I wouldn't describe it as horrible, plus there are some patches out available through Xbox live. Overall it's been a great game to play, very well executed and fun. I'm about 30% through right now, plan to get back to this game now that I'm done with COD2.

Texas_Ranger
11-13-2006, 10:23 PM
My top 3 on ps2 are:

- NBA 2K7
- God of war
- DBZ budokai tenkaichi 2 or Shadow of the Colossus

DarkReign
11-15-2006, 08:59 AM
And even then, it doesn't have as many options for multiplayer as Halo 2

IMO, GoW's multi-player should be the standard by which other console shooters are judged.

The tendency for console players to run-n-gun is completely eliminated. GoW is the only title I have ever played that a console player just might be able to hang with a PC player.

Because if youre using Halo as some sort of benchmark, the best Halo console player would get straight murdered by the best PC player.

Mouse and Keyboard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Controller.

leemajors
11-15-2006, 09:32 AM
if they can devote there time on short games, i see no reason why they cant bring out expansions for it if its that popular....and mods suck also

at least for pc games, mods are where the ideas for some of the most popular games came from. counterstrike was a half life mod, team fortress was a quake mod, and even capture the flag (part of most fps games when they ship now) was a quake 1 mod. good mods get people hired by big game companies and make the fan base feel as though they have input, which is a great thing. companies like iD and valve release the tools to build mods so people can put what they would have wanted in the game, which is awesome and keeps the fan base loyal.

Mixability
11-15-2006, 10:23 AM
IMO, GoW's multi-player should be the standard by which other console shooters are judged.

The tendency for console players to run-n-gun is completely eliminated. GoW is the only title I have ever played that a console player just might be able to hang with a PC player.

Because if youre using Halo as some sort of benchmark, the best Halo console player would get straight murdered by the best PC player.

Mouse and Keyboard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Controller.

I don't think the GoW multiplayer in itself should be the benchmark. The playstyle itself is what keeps you from running and gunning. If the Halo 2 options could be used with the GoW cover and shoot play, then it'd be heaven.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2006, 11:40 AM
at least for pc games, mods are where the ideas for some of the most popular games came from. counterstrike was a half life mod, team fortress was a quake mod, and even capture the flag (part of most fps games when they ship now) was a quake 1 mod. good mods get people hired by big game companies and make the fan base feel as though they have input, which is a great thing. companies like iD and valve release the tools to build mods so people can put what they would have wanted in the game, which is awesome and keeps the fan base loyal.Battlefield 2 was developed after the people were hired who made the Desert Combat mod for BF1942.

TDMVPDPOY
11-15-2006, 11:42 AM
i just reinstalled nbalive06 :( i know its a lame game

gotto update rosters and shit

dirk4mvp
11-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Resident Evil 4 is a kickass game. I just can't get past the Iron Maidens in 5-2 :(

DarkReign
11-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Resident Evil 4 is a kickass game. I just can't get past the Iron Maidens in 5-2 :(

I never finished RE4. Maybe I should...

DarkReign
11-16-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't think the GoW multiplayer in itself should be the benchmark. The playstyle itself is what keeps you from running and gunning. If the Halo 2 options could be used with the GoW cover and shoot play, then it'd be heaven.

The control scheme works remarkably well, IMO. I could never play Halo on a console for one reason, I knew I could murder the competition on my PC, but was limited by the console controller.

Even now, playing GoW, I am getting my ass handed to me regularly because of my non-skill with aiming on a joypad. But at least I am improving because of the absolute NEED for cover. Everyone, even the best players, must be in cover if they wish to live long.

I just enjoy the semi-realistic nature of having to constantly search for the best cover. Moving from cover to cover when advancing, flanking manuvers that actually work, strong melee...

The game is the shit.

Mixability
11-16-2006, 11:09 AM
The control scheme works remarkably well, IMO.

The game is the shit.

You misunderstood me.

I agree that it works well.

:tu

Mixability
11-21-2006, 01:21 PM
GoW is awesome, Project 8 is eh.

Waiting on my copy of Viva Pinata to arrive via snail mail......

MannyIsGod
12-02-2006, 12:18 AM
I got a copy of FEAR and its fucking creepy but cool.

MannyIsGod
12-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Do I need Half LIfe 2 to play HL2 Episode One? And are they both worth getting?

Texas_Ranger
12-04-2006, 06:28 PM

Nope you don't need it. I played them both and they are one of the best games I played.

baseline bum
12-04-2006, 07:30 PM

Don't get it on XBox, if that's what you're thinking. Next month Valve is going to release a native XBox 360 version with the HL2, and Episodes 1 & 2. Disregard if you meant getting it on PC though, because if you have the hardware, FPS are always way better with a mouse and keyboard IMO.

MannyIsGod
12-04-2006, 08:40 PM
PC. You're right on about a mouse + keyboard. 34083049830438 times better than a controller.

I have decent hardware. Nvidea 7600GS with 512, 1.5 gigs of RAM, Athlon 64 3400. My soundcard sucks but whatever. It was good enough to run FEAR at some good settings at a decent frame rate.

Mixability
12-15-2006, 02:17 PM
There's a few stories out there about problems with the Wii controllers.

How in the hell does someone just let go of their controller straight into their expensive TV?

If your hands get THAT sweaty during a videogame, you really need to stop playing "virtual" sports and start going outside more and swing a real bat.

dirk4mvp
12-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah, so I got a 360. It came bundled with Burnout. I picked up NBA 2k7 today. Probably start playing it around christmas.

TDMVPDPOY
12-17-2006, 02:14 AM
i read that wii is allowin call backs on their controllers to replace the strap lace with a wider one.....

dirk4mvp
12-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah.

I played my first bit of 2k7, and it fucking owns every sports game ever. The detail, the animations, the graphics, it owns. Whenever I get XBL kicking prepare to get your asses handed to you. :clap

Mixability
12-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Whats a good racing game for the 360. I played N for S Carbon on the PS2 and wasn't loving it. Anything better out there for the 360?

Wait for Forza 2

MannyIsGod
12-26-2006, 08:04 PM
I"m trying out the World of Warcraft trial. I don't see whats so special about this.

jman3000
12-26-2006, 08:08 PM
I"m trying out the World of Warcraft trial. I don't see whats so special about this.
i've never played it, but to those with geekier habits it tends to take over their lives. especially those with no lives who like to pretend they are actually a damn troll or wizard or whatever.

somethingawful has a great section on how retarded wow really can be

http://www.somethingawful.com/artofwarcraft/

Mixability
01-11-2007, 12:53 PM
F.E.A.R. is awesome.

That is all.

MannyIsGod
01-11-2007, 12:58 PM
F.E.A.R. is awesome.

That is all.Yeah dude, that game was ridiculous. I loved it. Creepy as fuck though.

Mixability
01-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah dude, that game was ridiculous. I loved it. Creepy as fuck though.

Brings back memories of being scared shitless during Resident Evil back in the day. Fucking zombie dogs jumping in through the windows. :pctoss

Xolotl
01-14-2007, 11:35 AM
F.E.A.R. is awesome.

That is all.

It is a great game unfortunately I've been putting off getting the expansion and now that I'm addicted right now to Guitar Hero 2 it's gonna be waiting for a bit longer

Marklar MM
01-14-2007, 11:41 AM
It is a great game unfortunately I've been putting off getting the expansion and now that I'm addicted right now to Guitar Hero 2 it's gonna be waiting for a bit longer

That game will ruin your life, and give you tendinitis. Ask Joel Zumaya. LOL.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-14-2007, 11:45 AM
That game will ruin your life, and give you tendinitis. Ask Joel Zumaya. LOL.

Watching your sigs is going to give a reader tendinitis.

leemajors
01-14-2007, 12:19 PM
i've never played it, but to those with geekier habits it tends to take over their lives. especially those with no lives who like to pretend they are actually a damn troll or wizard or whatever.

somethingawful has a great section on how retarded wow really can be

http://www.somethingawful.com/artofwarcraft/

does lowtax still post there? that site was always hilarious.

Mixability
01-16-2007, 12:25 PM

I'm still waiting for Guitar Hero to come out on the 360....

SpursWoman
01-16-2007, 12:28 PM
F.E.A.R. is awesome.

That is all.

Chris has that .... that game looks scary as all-hell. :wow :lol

We just ordered my son a Wii for his birthday ... I'm not much of a gamer, but at least the controller on that one looks fun. :)

Marklar MM
01-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Chris has that .... that game looks scary as all-hell. :wow :lol

We just ordered my son a Wii for his birthday ... I'm not much of a gamer, but at least the controller on that one looks fun. :)

Look out for Wii-Elbow.

resistanze
01-16-2007, 08:48 PM
I just finished Rainbow Six: Vegas for PC. Short, but pretty damn good.

I can't wait for God of War 2 to come out.

Xolotl
01-17-2007, 12:49 AM
Anybody tried that game Lost Planet: Extreme Condition yet? That game looks nice but I'm too poor for the 360 :(

Pistons < Spurs
01-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Finally a release date:

March 22nd

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

I've been waiting years for this title. Watch it turn to be a huge disappointment.

DarkReign
01-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Anybody tried that game Lost Planet: Extreme Condition yet? That game looks nice but I'm too poor for the 360 :(

I got it. The SP game is really solid. I mean the gameplay, not the story. The story is hackneyed and terribly voiced (and scripted). Its an obvious translation, but when it comes to shooters, I dont care for story (now, an RPG on the other hand). But the enviroments are awesome. The engine they designed is really a thing of beauty in the sense that the world can look that good (mind you, its cold, so a little bland, but it fits) and can fit that many HUGE enemies on the screen. Very early in the game youre fighting (in ratio) 20 ft tall enemies, only in the next level theyre 40 ft tall. And theres 25 of these things on screen at one time. Fighting you, others, themselves, close to you, far away...total light show. Pretty damn cool.

The MP portion is....lets just say there is alot to be desired. Its very arcadey. But the grappling hook is fun in MP, the mobility and versatility it gives is probably its only redeeming feature.

I never liked deathmatch, I have always preferred team-based games.

Mixability
01-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Finally had a chance to finish GoW last night because of being "snowed in". It was awesome, but at the same time, a little dissapointing. Let me with a "that was it?"

Mixability
01-17-2007, 11:50 AM
These days with all the online promoting of these consoles the games are getting shorter and less spectacular upon completion. Better quality games and better graphics but far too short.

You would think with the higher capacity media, developers would take advantage of that space for better content, not just better graphics. I long for the days where my $50 or $60 would feel well spent on nice game that would take weeks to complete and enjoy. Not just the load the disc and hours later, "and I'm spent".

DarkReign
01-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Finally had a chance to finish GoW last night because of being "snowed in". It was awesome, but at the same time, a little dissapointing. Let me with a "that was it?"

I dont mean to be a prick, but GoW wasnt designed specifically for its SP game. It was most definately designed with MP in mind.

If I had to put a percentage on it, weighing game mechanics and such, MP 70%, SP 30%.

Sure it was short, but SP is just a training ground for you the player to acclimate yourself to the controls and mechanics to go online where the real meat of the game shines like a lone star in the night.

01-17-2007, 03:14 PM

Eh, it's not bad. What irks me is that you can run past most of the trouble areas without firing a single shot. The mechs are nice, the inability to look straight up blows and the boss battles aren't exactly easy.

The smoke trails, fire and explosions are amazing to look at...

And Reign is right, the story is a hatchet job that makes absolutely no sense...

Mixability
01-17-2007, 03:35 PM
I dont mean to be a prick, but GoW wasnt designed specifically for its SP game. It was most definately designed with MP in mind.

If I had to put a percentage on it, weighing game mechanics and such, MP 70%, SP 30%.

Sure it was short, but SP is just a training ground for you the player to acclimate yourself to the controls and mechanics to go online where the real meat of the game shines like a lone star in the night.

Uh, yeah, I know that. But even the multiplayer falls short in the different modes department. I'm not gonna argue over what makes a game great, but I'm sure people who don't play online alot would've liked a "fuller" game, not just "training levels".

The real meat is the online aspect? Yeah, it's more intense and your opponents actually shoot at you, but cmon. Wouldn't you have liked a better storyline, more character to the people? Online is crapshoot, you could be lucky and have a friendlist with great people or you can get stuck with whiny kid after whiny kid.

Mixability
01-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Multiplayer sells. I too miss the games that took forever to finish with multiple endings and so forth. Like stated above these games are breed for online format. Fuck me I don't even know how to go online with these games. I'm not even sure I'd know what to do if I got there. What does it cost to go online? With a game like Gears of War are you just fighting other users or is it a whole new plot?

You can get a 12 month Xbox live membership for $60, it includes a headset and some Microsoft Points.

Online GoW is just fighting other users on the maps in the single player game. No new plots. You can do the single player game with a friend with the co-op feature. That makes it a little better, but you'll beat the game even faster, since you're partner will actually do something instead of just dying at every level.

Mixability
01-17-2007, 03:52 PM
What do microsoft points do?

You can buy extras, classic games, etc.....

EDIT: Also tv shows, movies, etc.

DarkReign
01-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Uh, yeah, I know that. But even the multiplayer falls short in the different modes department. I'm not gonna argue over what makes a game great, but I'm sure people who don't play online alot would've liked a "fuller" game, not just "training levels".

The real meat is the online aspect? Yeah, it's more intense and your opponents actually shoot at you, but cmon. Wouldn't you have liked a better storyline, more character to the people? Online is crapshoot, you could be lucky and have a friendlist with great people or you can get stuck with whiny kid after whiny kid.

Eh, all true. But I would think most people who anticipated the game would understand the make-up of the game.

Greg Oden
01-17-2007, 04:49 PM
I have DL'ed the Lost Planet multi-player demo. It's was very "eh" ish.

Mixability
01-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Eh, all true. But I would think most people who anticipated the game would understand the make-up of the game.

I anticipated it greatly and I should've know they would cater to the online crowd. But that still doesn't give them reason to bare bone it with the single player.

DarkReign
01-17-2007, 06:23 PM
I anticipated it greatly and I should've know they would cater to the online crowd. But that still doesn't give them reason to bare bone it with the single player.

Should've? CliffyB stated, in no uncertain terms, what the true direction of the game was. Now obviously he isnt going to say something like "Oh yeah, SP...total afterthought" because that discredits its merits.

But the SP was more a show for Unreal3 than a grandiose tale of hardship and transcendance. Besides, story-wise, what can really be said thru a FPS? Its a shooter game, and unless its historical in reference, not much depth is drawn from killing everything that moves. So I think they did the smart thing and made it simple and one-dimensional. There werent any puzzles, no adventuring, no jumping...heck, you couldnt even interact with other NPCs outside of story script. Nothing is more disappointing (to me) than a mindless game taking itself too seriously.

What emotion could you possibly convey using nothing but weapons and war as a backdrop?

Greg Oden
01-17-2007, 07:42 PM
i still would've liked to know more about fenix's past.

Mixability
01-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Should've? CliffyB stated, in no uncertain terms, what the true direction of the game was. Now obviously he isnt going to say something like "Oh yeah, SP...total afterthought" because that discredits its merits.

But the SP was more a show for Unreal3 than a grandiose tale of hardship and transcendance. Besides, story-wise, what can really be said thru a FPS? Its a shooter game, and unless its historical in reference, not much depth is drawn from killing everything that moves. So I think they did the smart thing and made it simple and one-dimensional. There werent any puzzles, no adventuring, no jumping...heck, you couldnt even interact with other NPCs outside of story script. Nothing is more disappointing (to me) than a mindless game taking itself too seriously.

What emotion could you possibly convey using nothing but weapons and war as a backdrop?

Storywise, I'd like to know WHY I'm shooting everything that moves. I'd want to see what consequences come from my actions. I guess I'll just have to wait for Halo 3 then. If GoW was gonna try and replicate the Halo series, you'd think they'd try with the story aspect too.

Mixability
01-23-2007, 01:57 PM
2K7:

How do they calculate chemistry in the career mode? I made a few trades early on and the chemistry dropped. Which I expected. Then I go on a 5 game win streak and my chemistry drops from 73% to 60%. I would think it would go up. Not that it really matters, but if you have shit for chemistry when you sim a game you don't feel like playing its likely that you'll lose.

From what I remember, I think if you trade too much, the teams morale will drop affecting the chemistry. But I would think the win streak would fix that. Or maybe the game looks at how many players get involved? Did one guy score like crazy during your win streak?

Mixability
01-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Actually I designed the team to be balanced. No one over 15ppg but I have 7 players averaging in double digits and two players averaging over 11rpg and my point guard averages a double double with assists.

I did drop after the trades which I expected and then went up a point or going 1-1 for the next two games. Then hit the win streak and dropped over 10 chemistry points. I found it real weird.

I'll have to watch my chemistry, I usually just watch the fatigue. I haven't done any trades. I keep all my rosters exactly like real life. What kind of trades did you do?

Mixability
01-23-2007, 02:28 PM
You'd think winning could make anyone get along. But maybe the game has a weird Shaq/Kobe formula in there to fuck things up.

Mixability
01-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Guitar Hero looks promising on the 360.

Mixability
01-24-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm afraid I don't get the game. I'm also afraid of looking like a air guitar dork.

It has some sweet tracks on there. From what I remember, AC/DC, Led Zep, etc.

There's a new Def Jam fighting game coming out. You fight along to music(give it a chance, i know it sounds stupid), when the bass hits, it effects the enviroment, and you can also enflict more damage if you sync your fighting to the hip hop track. Also, I think(hope), you can plug your ipod into the 360 and use your own tracks. Imagine fighting along to Metallica's "One" and starting to tear shit up when the guitar solo comes on. This game could "rock" or "roll". Could go either way.

Mixability
01-24-2007, 06:10 PM
I think I might invest in this Guitar game.

$90, with the guitar, pretty good deal, hopefully they sell the sequels without the guitar bundled.

Greg Oden
01-24-2007, 06:30 PM
i really can't wait for this game called crackdown. i'm downloading the demo right now, and i hear it's the fire.

DarkReign
01-25-2007, 11:02 AM
i really can't wait for this game called crackdown. i'm downloading the demo right now, and i hear it's the fire.

Greg Oden, you are a demi-God. I didnt even know the Crackdown demo was available until I read your post.

I immediately d/led it, and played until 3am. This game owns.

Mixability
01-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Do you progress or earn songs.

Both, I think.

Mixability
01-26-2007, 04:23 PM
I've been trying to finish up the 360 games that I currently have to free up some playing time for Guitar Hero 2. Saints Row rips off of GTA so much it IS funny. A little glitchy but you have no other option for GTA on 360.

TDMVPDPOY
01-26-2007, 10:50 PM
currently im playin maplestory

ponky
01-26-2007, 11:06 PM
i only play Gears of War and Halo 2, 85% of the time...i have tons of games that i like but they don't get played nearly as often. PGR3 is cool, looking forward to Halo 3, maybe Diablo 3 at some point in time, Halo Wars.

SAtown
01-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Gear of War is good, but after playing rainbow 6 vegas, I just can't go back.

baseline bum
01-26-2007, 11:17 PM
You're missing out if you haven't tried RB6 Vegas. It's a bit like Gears of War, but with a better cover system, and no need to empty out a clip and a half of ammo to drop someone.

Saints Row is garbage to me. Its engine is terrible.

ponky
01-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Gear of War is good, but after playing rainbow 6 vegas, I just can't go back.

i should check that out, i heard it's good. i like a lot of the tom clancy stuff, ghost recon, splinter cell, i just sometimes don't have the patience so i go play halo on xbox live

baseline bum
01-26-2007, 11:27 PM
i should check that out, i heard it's good. i like a lot of the tom clancy stuff, ghost recon, splinter cell, i just sometimes don't have the patience so i go play halo on xbox live

Like SATown was saying, RB6 Vegas will make your other shooter games look like crap. I absolutely loved playing COD2, an amazing and beautiful game, until I got used to being able to do shit like rappel down buildings to shoot people through windows, bust in through doors and throw breeching charges to blind my enemies, put a snake cam under a door so I could pick out individual targets for each of my teammates, and then order them to go after them, peeking around corners to throw frag grenades without exposing myself, blind suppressing fire when I'm hiding, etc. It really makes every shooter I've ever played look like crap, with the eception of GOW, which has a lot of the same things. I think it executes it better though, although GOW is outstanding, and has better graphics.

SAtown
01-26-2007, 11:31 PM
After playing rainbow 6 for a little while, it made me a hell of a better gears of war player. You can't just run around and shoot in RB6, and there is no curbstomping and such (which I loved though). I'm talkin 1 shot and you're dead. I love the exaggerations used in gears tho.

dirk4mvp
01-26-2007, 11:57 PM
I didn't know what else to buy, so I got Oblivion tonight. I hear it's.....very time consuming.

SAtown
01-27-2007, 01:05 AM
I didn't know what else to buy, so I got Oblivion tonight. I hear it's.....very time consuming.

Oblivion is an incredible game, but I don't have nearly the time required to get anything done. I have it, so it's basically a never-ending game. The music is great and graphics are great.

Just think of it as a medieval Grand Theft Auto. :smokin

baseline bum
01-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Oblivion's a great game, but it has horrible load times and there are lots of pauses while textures are loading when you're travelling outside. It's something that would be completely unacceptable on almost any other game, but the textures, lighting, and 3D-models are so spectacularly done, and the fact that it happens in areas where there isn't a lot of action make up for it.

Oblivion is the only RPG that I've liked since Chrono Trigger. Make sure to patch it on XBox Live ASAP, as there's one quest that will crash your system every time if you don't.

baseline bum
01-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Oblivion is an incredible game, but I don't have nearly the time required to get anything done. I have it, so it's basically a never-ending game. The music is great and graphics are great.

Just think of it as a medieval Grand Theft Auto. :smokin

I put in almost 80 hours on it, and I doubt I'm halfway through it.

SpursWoman
01-27-2007, 01:41 PM
We got my son a Wii for his birthday (today) ... and I'm dying to play it. :oops :lol

Marklar MM
01-27-2007, 01:43 PM
We got my son a Wii for his birthday (today) ... and I'm dying to play it. :oops :lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_elbow

DarkReign
01-27-2007, 03:56 PM

:tu

Mixability
01-29-2007, 11:28 AM

Eh, It's fun to me. I just like the free-roam games, but it's easy to lose track of time.

DarkReign
01-30-2007, 12:34 PM
I put in almost 80 hours on it, and I doubt I'm halfway through it.

I had a lvl 15 warrior before realizing my class was gimped (blunt, blade and hand to hand were majors...eww).

So I strted over a couple weeks ago. Custom class (shoulda known better the first time). Much better. Killed Umbra, got her ebony armor and Umbra sword at lvl 4. Put myself on auto-run sneak behind the dude at Wynan Pryry (sp?) and went to bed. Woke up an apprentice, did the same thing the next night, woke up a journeymen.

Stole 6 grand soul gems, filled em, enchanted my Umbra armor with +10 strength per piece. I was a God of ownage at lvl 6. In the Arcane University. 30 Ninroot collected. Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Fighters, etc.

I have yet to travel to Kvatch and close one measily Oblivion gate yet. This game rules and I havent even played the main story yet.