PDA

View Full Version : If the Spurs draft 11th

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Dejounte
11-16-2020, 05:40 PM
He never said they would trade for Derozan. Other people were reporting that. The 3 teamer trade rumor came from GS local news.

Pretty sure he posted that DeMar and Gordon Hayward were possibilities for their team.

PhantomDashCam
11-16-2020, 05:40 PM
Since Phoenix traded for CP3 I doubt they look at drafting a PG, they’ll be targeting wings or bigs like the spurs...

Think that means they draft a PG for sure now. Perfect mentor for a Lewis or Haliburton.

Dverde
11-16-2020, 05:56 PM
https://twitter.com/HawksOnFSSE/status/1328444094016851969?s=19

rankingtear (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=44897) time to stop posting from NBASupes lmfao

Passing on Luka will drive down your 3pt shooting.

rankingtear
11-16-2020, 06:03 PM
Pretty sure he posted that DeMar and Gordon Hayward were possibilities for their team.

Yeah Gordon Hayward if he opts out, Bobby Marks also reporting Gordon Hayward to them. They can still target Derozan if the Hayward thing does not work out. They won't pass up talent this season, there is pressure from the owners, Coach job on the line, Doncic ascension to MVP level and Trae young being asked how long can you stand losing in the all star game.

rankingtear
11-16-2020, 06:06 PM
Since Phoenix traded for CP3 I doubt they look at drafting a PG, they’ll be targeting wings or bigs like the spurs...

The conensus is Kira or Nesmith.

Chinook
11-16-2020, 07:20 PM
https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/1328456412075347968?s=20

It's an interesting idea. I'd never heard of Stanley before seeing this tweet. Looking at him a bit, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he were a first-rounder. He's a square player, so I wouldn't be a huge fan. But once the clear first-round wings are gone, he could go.

McDaniels could be a lotto pick just because of his upside. Tall, long, athletic. He has a good combo of traits for a project wing. It wouldn't be happy to see him at 11, but if the Spurs were to trade down and snag him after 20, I could see him being a long-term play for them to come up behind DeRozan.

Dejounte
11-16-2020, 07:28 PM
48 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES UNTIL THE DRAFT

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

https://media1.tenor.com/images/c7504b9fb03c95b3b5687d744687e11c/tenor.gif

TD 21
11-16-2020, 07:34 PM
They are not drafting Saffiq Bey. We all know it’s going to be Patrick Williams unless he goes before their pick.

Actually, I suspect that's the most likely outcome.

BackHome
11-16-2020, 08:23 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lol I feel ya.

FireMicoHalili
11-16-2020, 08:31 PM
Passing on Luka will drive down your 3pt shooting.
Because...they drafted Trae Young who definitely does NOT shoot threes

bluebellmaniac
11-16-2020, 09:26 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SMH..

keithington1
11-16-2020, 09:50 PM
Hers my mock draft no trades. This is what I think will happen not who I want.

Timberwolves- LaMelo Ball
Warriors- James Wiseman
Hornets- Anthony Edwards
Bulls- Killian Hayes
Cavs- Deni Avdija
Hawks- Obi Toppin
Pistons- Tyrese Maxey
Knicks- Tyrese Haliburton
Wizards- Onyeka Okongwu
Suns- Aaron Nesmith
Spurs- Aleksej Pokusuveski
Kings- Issac Okoro
Pelicans- Jalen Smith
Celtics- Patrick Williams
Magic- Kira Lewis Jr
Rockets- Saddiq Bey
Timberwolves- Devin Vassel
Mavs- Josh Green
Nets- Cole Anthony
Heat- Desmond Bane
76ers- Tyrell Terry
Nuggets- Jaden McDaniels
Jazz- Robert Woodard II
Pelicans- Grant Riller
Thunder- RJ Hampton
Celtics- Tyler Bey
Knicks- Jahmi'us Ramsey
Thunder- Precious Achiuwa
Raptors- Cassius Winston
Celtics- Leandro Bolmaro

SpurPadre
11-16-2020, 10:00 PM
With Phoenix seemingly all in on winning now with CP3, would they be interested in LMA as they once were back when we got him?

mo7888
11-16-2020, 10:03 PM
With Phoenix seemingly all in on winning now with CP3, would they be interested in LMA as they once were back when we got him?

With ayton there I think ddr would make more sense for them but, either way they don't have much salary left to include and make the numbers work.

bluebellmaniac
11-17-2020, 08:52 AM
One.

One is the number until the draft. One it shall be until there is none.

HankChinaski
11-17-2020, 09:54 AM
I really enjoy the pre draft info, speculation and excitement of spurstalkers.

Even more so when trade deadlines expire and draft is over as well as free agency.

It's like I'm watching a old man cross a crosswalk, slowly drop his pants and fling a piece of poop at your windshield.

There is confusing, shock, outrage and a outburst of anger with no where to channel it.

gospursgojas
11-17-2020, 11:05 AM
Hers my mock draft no trades. This is what I think will happen not who I want.

Timberwolves- LaMelo Ball
Warriors- James Wiseman
Hornets- Anthony Edwards
Bulls- Killian Hayes
Cavs- Deni Avdija
Hawks- Obi Toppin
Pistons- Tyrese Maxey
Knicks- Tyrese Haliburton
Wizards- Onyeka Okongwu
Suns- Aaron Nesmith
Spurs- Aleksej Pokusuveski
Kings- Issac Okoro
Pelicans- Jalen Smith
Celtics- Patrick Williams
Magic- Kira Lewis Jr
Rockets- Saddiq Bey
Timberwolves- Devin Vassel
Mavs- Josh Green
Nets- Cole Anthony
Heat- Desmond Bane
76ers- Tyrell Terry
Nuggets- Jaden McDaniels
Jazz- Robert Woodard II
Pelicans- Grant Riller
Thunder- RJ Hampton
Celtics- Tyler Bey
Knicks- Jahmi'us Ramsey
Thunder- Precious Achiuwa
Raptors- Cassius Winston
Celtics- Leandro Bolmaro

Please please please no Poku

look_at_g_shred
11-17-2020, 12:05 PM

Dejounte
11-17-2020, 12:08 PM
Just gotta wait 30 hours

bluebellmaniac
11-17-2020, 12:18 PM
Please please please no Poku

I wouldn't mind Poku, but not with #11. Early 2nd would be perfect.

Ignazzz
11-17-2020, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't mind Poku, but not with #11. Early 2nd would be perfect.

poku is #15-20 rangę prospekt

bluebellmaniac
11-17-2020, 12:27 PM
poku is #15-20 rangę prospekt

It'd be no surprise if he falls. At least one does most years. He'd be perfect for that. He needs 3 years to develop his body and train in the system before he'll have any shot at getting real playing time. So he'd be an investment.

Dejounte
11-17-2020, 12:27 PM
Poku is being picked up by the Celtics, Nuggets, or Thunder

PhantomDashCam
11-17-2020, 04:03 PM
We pass this beast at our own peril.

People say he can’t shoot, he’s archaic - too old school, can’t guard the perimeter.
A tantalising glimpse (and last pitch I swear :lol) at Isaiah Stewart.

https://youtu.be/EKcC6oaQ-4Q

Dejounte
11-17-2020, 04:11 PM
We pass this beast at our own peril.

People say he can’t shoot, he’s archaic - too old school, can’t guard the perimeter.
A tantalising glimpse (and last pitch I swear :lol) at Isaiah Stewart.

https://youtu.be/EKcC6oaQ-4Q

That 7'4" wingspan doe

Isaiah is a dog. Smith is a dog. We need dogs on this team. Unless you're super talented and a freak like Wiseman, no more passive players please. One of the reasons I'm not buying into Onyeka, he seems like a softie

Dejounte
11-17-2020, 06:09 PM
Merry Draft Night Eve everyone

https://api.time.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/what-is-half-christmas-workaholics.jpg

Sugus
11-17-2020, 06:14 PM
Merry Draft Night Eve everyone

https://api.time.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/what-is-half-christmas-workaholics.jpg

No draft prediction poll as a conclusion to your experiment? I'm slightly disappointed...

The Truth #6
11-17-2020, 06:19 PM
Unless someone amazing drops, I see them choosing between Saddiq Bey, Tyrese Maxey, and Jalen Smith. They all play defense and seem to be Spurs character types.

PhantomDashCam
11-17-2020, 06:32 PM
Virtual NBA Draft Info. from S.I:

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/11/17/2020-nba-draft-virtual-broadcast

To adjust to the unique circumstances, the NBA has set up 19 satellite trucks, in five different countries, which will help ensure immediate interviews with participants. It’s also shipped out 39 broadcast technology kits to prospects that will be used to showcase the reactions of many of the event’s other draftees. As part of the at-home experience, players additionally received a media technology kit to help with postdraft interviews and a gift locker that includes a number of products, including all 30 of this year’s New Era draft hats.

Going to be a good time regardless.

Dejounte
11-17-2020, 06:40 PM
No draft prediction poll as a conclusion to your experiment? I'm slightly disappointed...

I thought a fourth poll would be redundant. I thought the latest thread I posted served that purpose. Everybody's draft prediction is all over the place anyway with the Spurs being active in trade rumors.

rankingtear
11-17-2020, 07:18 PM
Was so excited to have a chance to draft Patrick Williams, and now there is smoke of him in play for the 4th pick.

Tyrese Maxey is the next guy for me he has similarities to Mitchell in terms of personality and that college system he is in masks his strengths. He addressed his low release in the televised workout.

Saddiq is the one that makes sense in terms of fit if he plays the 4 long term, it reduces some of his athleticism and shooting form concerns. He used to play PG and those prospects
usually do well in the NBA.

These three i am confident can defend through switching schemes and offer creation upside. Perfect fits for the dribble drive offense in the bubble.

High level finisher types Jalen Smith and Aaron Nesmith. These I have on a tier below , just because we don't have a young offensive engines yet.

Sugus
11-17-2020, 07:27 PM
I thought a fourth poll would be redundant. I thought the latest thread I posted served that purpose. Everybody's draft prediction is all over the place anyway with the Spurs being active in trade rumors.

Yeah, you're right - I was mostly wanting to get people's predictions under one neat thread that we can look back into. Multiple threads muddy up the waters, though the effort was great all around.

Just for the record, I'm a solid believer that we'll trade up to #2 and grab Wiseman or Deni - there's absolutely no way the Warriors are looking at the moves being made by other contenders, and looking at their own team and glaring holes, and want to get into the season without someone like LMA. Whether we keep #11 or not, I don't know, but if we do keep it I see them drafting either Nesmith or Smith. We'll see tomorrow...

The Truth #6
11-17-2020, 07:33 PM
Was so excited to have a chance to draft Patrick Williams, and now there is smoke of him in play for the 4th pick.

Tyrese Maxey is the next guy for me he has similarities to Mitchell in terms of personality and that college system he is in masks his strengths. He addressed his low release in the televised workout.

Saddiq is the one that makes sense in terms of fit if he plays the 4 long term, it reduces some of his athleticism and shooting form concerns. He used to play PG and those prospects
usually do well in the NBA.

These three i am confident can defend through switching schemes and offer creation upside. Perfect fits for the dribble drive offense in the bubble.

High level finisher types Jalen Smith and Aaron Nesmith. These I have on a tier below , just because we don't have a young offensive engines yet.

This makes sense to me. I think Maxey will be good.

Dejounte
11-17-2020, 07:34 PM
Yeah, you're right - I was mostly wanting to get people's predictions under one neat thread that we can look back into. Multiple threads muddy up the waters, though the effort was great all around.

Just for the record, I'm a solid believer that we'll trade up to #2 and grab Wiseman or Deni - there's absolutely no way the Warriors are looking at the moves being made by other contenders, and looking at their own team and glaring holes, and want to get into the season without someone like LMA. Whether we keep #11 or not, I don't know, but if we do keep it I see them drafting either Nesmith or Smith. We'll see tomorrow...

*fingers crossed* maybe we end up with both. That would be wild.

gospursgojas
11-17-2020, 07:36 PM

I’m thinking this may be the hold up. It may be as simple as spurs holding out for warriors to accept LMA and LMA only for Wiggins and the #2. No #11 attached.

mo7888
11-17-2020, 07:38 PM

Wiseman + Nesmith or Deni + Smith would be very exciting going forward....

Dejounte
11-17-2020, 07:41 PM
I think the Spurs enjoyed the bonding between the rookies from last year. They probably see that and want to replicate it. Keldon and Luka look like they grew super close. Maybe it's a winning method for chemistry.

K...
11-17-2020, 08:15 PM
The G league is in limbo and with the way the spurs see it, if they can't depend on a g league to develop picks and you have the highest lottery picks in awhile, now would be the time to covert the team to development like the bubble play. You know the G league isn't going to get the best anti virus protection and will probably play reduced games

look_at_g_shred
11-17-2020, 10:11 PM
1 day left guys. Nesmith is my final selection.

Collins21
11-17-2020, 10:37 PM
1 day left guys. Nesmith is my final selection.

If they don't trade up I hope they get him his shooting will be a game changer.

JuneJive
11-17-2020, 10:42 PM
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1328896932442378240?s=19

Ditty
11-17-2020, 11:07 PM
I have stuck with Patrick Williams since the beginning and think he will be the pick even with all smoke from Detroit.

Degoat
11-17-2020, 11:11 PM
Hoping for either Patrick Williams, Jalen Smith, or Isaac Okoro.... Expecting Theo Maldeon lol :wakeup

ZeusWillJudge
11-17-2020, 11:12 PM
Poku is being picked up by the Celtics, Nuggets, or Thunder

Is that with #26 or #30?

Dejounte
11-17-2020, 11:13 PM
Is that with #26 or #30?

No idea. Im just guessing man lol

ZeusWillJudge
11-17-2020, 11:27 PM
No idea. Im just guessing man lol

Heh. I was just being a smartass about them not taking him with #14. :D

The bastards have 3 first round picks, so I really could see them using one on his upside.

Chinook
11-18-2020, 12:28 AM
So one last trade idea for the day, I think.

Spurs in: 6, Hayward, Langford
Spurs out: Aldridge, Murray, 11

Hawks in: 14,30, Murray,
Hawks out: 6

Celtics in: 11, Aldridge
Celtics out: 14, 30, Hayward, Langford

Hawks get Young's running mate and keeps a lotto pick
Celtics save enough money to get out of the tax, move up in the draft and balance their roster

The Spurs get a guy that lets them play closer to how they did in the bubble. They also hop up to the range where they can get one of Okongwu, Avdija, Toppin or at least Haliburton. They also get save money for 2021 and get a young guard to potentially develop (even though he hasn't been good so far).

White, Mills, Winston (41)
Johnson, Walker, Weatherspoon
DeRozan, Langford
Hayward, Gay, Samanic
Poeltl, Okongwu (6), Eubanks

By my rough calculations, that should give SA like $4 Million to sign a backup wing to compete with Langford and Walker for minutes.

pad300
11-18-2020, 12:33 AM
Heh. I was just being a smartass about them not taking him with #14. :D

The bastards have 3 first round picks, so I really could see them using one on his upside.

Yep, Poku or Bolmaro. I think both are good investments and they can let them learn in Europe...

tapiefan
11-18-2020, 03:24 AM
If they want to draft a potential franchise player, PATFO gonna draft a Euro boy. The only kind of player ready to commit long term in San Antonio are international players (Parker, Gino, Duncan, Pau) and (south) texas born guys (Aldridge). I don't see a texas native in the top prospect of the coming draft. And picking a born-in-america in the top 10 increases the odds to have a remake of Kawhi drama in a few year, these guys dont want to stay in San Antonio long term.

Doncic would have been the perfect fit 3 years ago. Spurs should have try to bring the #2 pick from Sacto in exchange of Kawhi (Sacramento is in California, it would be better than Toronto for him). So sad they didnt even try.

PhantomDashCam
11-18-2020, 07:11 AM
https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/1328785508273631235?s=20
:wow

Chinook
11-18-2020, 07:18 AM
If Poke is four years away, he'd have to be a HoFer to justify picking him in the lottery. I'm not taking Fran's word as gospel though. The Spurs will have their own projections.

Ice009
11-18-2020, 08:08 AM
If they want to draft a potential franchise player, PATFO gonna draft a Euro boy. The only kind of player ready to commit long term in San Antonio are international players (Parker, Gino, Duncan, Pau) and (south) texas born guys (Aldridge). I don't see a texas native in the top prospect of the coming draft. And picking a born-in-america in the top 10 increases the odds to have a remake of Kawhi drama in a few year, these guys dont want to stay in San Antonio long term.

Doncic would have been the perfect fit 3 years ago. Spurs should have try to bring the #2 pick from Sacto in exchange of Kawhi (Sacramento is in California, it would be better than Toronto for him). So sad they didnt even try.

I actually wanted Doncic in that draft too, but I also had no idea he'd be this good (I thought the Spurs might view him as a potential Manu like player, so I thought they would be very interested in trying to move up to draft him. I wonder if they tried?). I mean, I thought he'd be good, but I thought it would also take 3 - 4 years for him to become a pretty good player in the NBA. I actually didn't think his ceiling would be as high as it has become. I didn't even expect him to be where he's at now, at possibly any point of his career. I wish I was wrong about him.

I also wanted the Spurs to also try and trade Kawhi to Pheonix for their pick to draft Ayton (Ayton was my first choice as I always favour a great big man over a smaller player. I guess since I grew up with David Robinson and TD, it's ingrained in me to draft a big guy over a small guy when starting the building blocks for the future of your franchise. However, if we couldn't get the number 1 pick, Luka was my second choice).

Phoenix probably never would have traded their pick as there was no assurances from Kawhi unless he was traded to either of the LA teams, or another good team he agreed upon. I wonder if Sacramento would have done it if the Spurs tried to work with them? Do you think Kawhi also would have been receptive to going there? Very interesting looking back at it (trying to trade with them to get the pick to take Doncic), as, I think, there is a small chance Kawhi might have been willing to play there a year and see how it goes and then bolt if he didn't like it there. Who did the Kings draft with that pick anyway? I don't remember.

DAF86
11-18-2020, 08:26 AM

Just another reason to draft the Marfan DemiGod. #draftpoku

DAF86
11-18-2020, 08:29 AM
https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/1328785508273631235?s=20
:wow

This guy has that prototypical "I'm gonna get shat on the future for making horrible draft predictions" face, tbh.

DAF86
11-18-2020, 08:37 AM
If Poke is four years away, he'd have to be a HoFer to justify picking him in the lottery. I'm not taking Fran's word as gospel though. The Spurs will have their own projections.

That "4 years down the road" concept is such bullshit. :lol

If the guy is trully any good, it will take him half a year, one year at the most, to start showing his thing. Which player in the history of the league has spent 4 years not being any good for the league and then suddenly blossoms? Has it ever happened? :lol These type of formulaic, cliché comments that have no support of real life facts need to die down, tbh.

The Truth #6
11-18-2020, 08:42 AM
This guy has that prototypical "I'm gonna get shat on the future for making horrible draft predictions" face, tbh.

Fran seems like a goofball. However, NBA Draft Junkies had some interesting analysis of Poku. The author of that site actually went to Europe to see him play. Takeaway: he had one or two breathtaking games, but way more often was completely disinterested and got benched. So the challenge is not just developing his body and skills, but his overall motivation and interest in the game.

DAF86
11-18-2020, 08:43 AM
I actually wanted Doncic in that draft too, but I also had no idea he'd be this good (I thought the Spurs might view him as a potential Manu like player, so I thought they would be very interested in trying to move up to draft him. I wonder if they tried?). I mean, I thought he'd be good, but I thought it would also take 3 - 4 years for him to become a pretty good player in the NBA. I actually didn't think his ceiling would be as high as it has become. I didn't even expect him to be where he's at now, at possibly any point of his career. I wish I was wrong about him.

I also wanted the Spurs to also try and trade Kawhi to Pheonix for their pick to draft Ayton (Ayton was my first choice as I always favour a great big man over a smaller player. I guess since I grew up with David Robinson and TD, it's ingrained in me to draft a big guy over a small guy when starting the building blocks for the future of your franchise. However, if we couldn't get the number 1 pick, Luka was my second choice).

Phoenix probably never would have traded their pick as there was no assurances from Kawhi unless he was traded to either of the LA teams, or another good team he agreed upon. I wonder if Sacramento would have done it if the Spurs tried to work with them? Do you think Kawhi also would have been receptive to going there? Very interesting looking back at it (trying to trade with them to get the pick to take Doncic), as, I think, there is a small chance Kawhi might have been willing to play there a year and see how it goes and then bolt if he didn't like it there. Who did the Kings draft with that pick anyway? I don't remember.

Case in point. :lol

If you are good, you are good. And will start to show it pretty early on.

If you aren't good, you aren't good. And it won't take 4 years for any team that drafts you to realize you suck.

bluebellmaniac
11-18-2020, 08:46 AM
Coming up on 10 hrs until the draft. The countdown has begun.

bluebellmaniac
11-18-2020, 08:47 AM
Case in point. :lol

If you are good, you are good. And will start to show it pretty early on.

If you aren't good, you aren't good. And it won't take 4 years for any team that drafts you to realize you suck.

The kid is still 18. TD and Robinson spent 4 years in college. Give the kid time to fill out his body for C$%#& sake.

The Truth #6
11-18-2020, 08:51 AM
With such an increase in player movement (fans would call it disloyalty) can a small market market franchise prioritize longterm projects if they are more likely to leave? Euros perhaps. That’s an argument for Poku. But Pop isn’t going to be here much longer. The international interest probably leaves as soon as Pop does.

DAF86
11-18-2020, 08:52 AM
The kid is still 18. TD and Robinson spent 4 years in college. Give the kid time to fill out his body for C$%#& sake.

And you think they wouldn't have been able to produce at the NBA level had they been selected at age 18? Of course they would have because they were great players. They, obviously, wouldn't have performed at their HoF peak but they wouldn't have spent 4 years in the bench before start playing and helping out a team, tbh.

bluebellmaniac
11-18-2020, 08:54 AM
And you think they wouldn't have been able to produce at the NBA level had they been selected at age 18? Of course they would have because they were great players. They, obviously, wouldn't have performed at their HoF peak but they wouldn't have spent 4 years in the bench before start playing and helping out a team, tbh.

Using that logic, they could have produced at 16.

That's just dumb.

DAF86
11-18-2020, 09:01 AM
Using that logic, they could have produced at 16.

That's just dumb.

Maybe. Many athletes in the history of the World have become professionals at age 16 or even younger, but it is rare, tbh. 18? Now that's the age most athletes around the globe become professionals. There's a huge difference between ages 16 and 18 so I don't know why you made that point, it's just dumb.

bluebellmaniac
11-18-2020, 09:14 AM
Maybe. Many athletes in the history of the World have become professionals at age 16 or even younger, but it is rare, tbh. 18? Now that's the age most athletes around the globe become professionals. There's a huge difference between ages 16 and 18 so I don't know why you made that point, it's just dumb.

Big men come into being later than backcourt guys. Saying a big man should already be at 18 what he would eventually become is dumb. The benefit that bigs have is that they play well later in their careers (in their 30's), whereas backcourt guys start to slow down and lose that edge. You can't say that because someone, somewhere was able to play at 18 that then you expect that to be applied to everyone. What??? Parker was a pro at 16, but wtf does that have to do with Poku? Completely different situations, positions and types of players.

DAF86
11-18-2020, 09:19 AM
Big men come into being later than backcourt guys. Saying a big man should already be at 18 what he would eventually become is dumb. The benefit that bigs have is that they play well later in their careers (in their 30's), whereas backcourt guys start to slow down and lose that edge. You can't say that because someone, somewhere was able to play at 18 that then you expect that to be applied to everyone. What??? Parker was a pro at 16, but wtf does that have to do with Poku? Completely different situations, positions and types of players.

I'm not saying "someone, somewhere" was able to become a pro at age 18. I'm saying that most athletes around the globe do.

DAF86
11-18-2020, 09:21 AM
Fuck, I mean, Poku is literally a pro right now, and has been one for some time. :lol

bluebellmaniac
11-18-2020, 09:26 AM
Fuck, I mean, Poku is literally a pro right now, and has been one for some time. :lol

"Most athletes" can't play center/pf in the NBA. Dude, I'm not saying he can't carry the title of pro-athlete. I'm saying you won't know what you ultimately may have for another 3 to 4 years. Good or bad, it is what it is. You don't know how thick a roux will become until it comes to a boil. You don't know until you have gotten to the right point in time. 18 is not that time for big men.

jjspur
11-18-2020, 09:33 AM
I prefer a deal with Boston leaving out the hawks.
A sign and trade such as
Resign Hayward 3 yrs @ 29 mil.
Grant Williams
#14 , #47

for
LaMarcus Aldridge, Trey Lyles, #11

DAF86
11-18-2020, 09:36 AM
"Most athletes" can't play center/pf in the NBA. Dude, I'm not saying he can't carry the title of pro-athlete. I'm saying you won't know what you ultimately may have for another 3 to 4 years. Good or bad, it is what it is. You don't know how thick a roux will become until it comes to a boil. You don't know until you have gotten to the right point in time. 18 is not that time for big men.

If a guy is good enough for the NBA, he won't take 4 years to show it. Is really that simple.

bluebellmaniac
11-18-2020, 09:41 AM
If a guy is good enough for the NBA, he won't take 4 years to show it. Is really that simple.

Exactly! Which is why they should start allowing them to draft at age 16.... SMH.

DAF86
11-18-2020, 09:45 AM
Exactly! Which is why they should start allowing them to draft at age 16.... SMH.

Again with that "16" take. :lol It shows you have nothing else to add, tbh.

Dude, there's a reason folks are allowed to be drafted at 18 and not 16. There's a reason they can go to war at 18 and not 16. There's a reason they are allowed to drink at 18 (well, in common sense countries at least :lol. lol 21) and not 16.

tapiefan
11-18-2020, 10:55 AM

He was talking about Doncic. Not Poku.

tapiefan
11-18-2020, 11:02 AM

They passed on Doncic, and took Marvin Bargley instead, that's probably why the FO has been fired.

Doncic was balling on one of the best euroleague team. It was a lock he will become a star in the NBA. I couldnt see the point to take Ayton instead, especially in today's NBA, where bigs are not so releavant.

I dont know if Kawhi was willing to commit in Sacramento. But I guess it was worth trying to convince the Kings FO to believe it, especially cause how dumb was this FO. And who knows, Kawhi doesnt even live in LA today (but I admit San Diego is closer and is on the coast).

ZeusWillJudge
11-18-2020, 11:18 AM

Most centers take 3 years to really show what they've got. There are always a few exceptions, but with C's not many. A lot of guys who look like they may be pretty good turn into beasts, and quite a few turn into fodder. And then you have guys like Dedmon who will never be star C's, but he played good enough to get himself a $40 Million contract. He was dogshit for the first several years.

I understand what you're saying, but for C's it really does take time to know what you've got. But I don't see Poku ever being a true C no matter how tall he is. People think want him for all his other attributes.

FireMicoHalili
11-18-2020, 12:09 PM
Most centers take 3 years to really show what they've got. There are always a few exceptions, but with C's not many. A lot of guys who look like they may be pretty good turn into beasts, and quite a few turn into fodder. And then you have guys like Dedmon who will never be star C's, but he played good enough to get himself a $40 Million contract. He was dogshit for the first several years.

I understand what you're saying, but for C's it really does take time to know what you've got. But I don't see Poku ever being a true C no matter how tall he is. People think want him for all his other attributes.
I'm guessing the folks here see a Porzingis. Can't blame their mancrush on Pokusevski but dude is the hipster pick. That brings the Spurs up to two projects, the other being Samanic.

Dex
11-18-2020, 12:21 PM

bluebellmaniac
11-18-2020, 01:18 PM
Less than 6 hours until the draft. The countdown continues...

DAF86
11-18-2020, 03:05 PM
I'm guessing the folks here see a Porzingis. Can't blame their mancrush on Pokusevski but dude is the hipster pick. That brings the Spurs up to two projects, the other being Samanic.

Not really. Porzingis doesn't have Pokusevski playmaking skills nor overall impact on the defensive end.

How much have you seen of Pokusevski to say it is a hipster pick? What makes choosing him a hipster move over picking anyone else? That he didn't play college ball?

SpurPadre
11-18-2020, 03:09 PM
Not really. Porzingis doesn't have Pokusevski playmaking skills nor overall impact on the defensive end.

How much have you seen of Pokusevski to say it is a hipster pick? What makes choosing him a hipster move over picking anyone else? That he didn't play college ball?

Alot of it has to do that no one has him going in the top 15 so getting him at 11 would be considered a reach, much like Samanic was.

DAF86
11-18-2020, 03:13 PM
Alot of it has to do that no one has him going in the top 15 so getting him at 11 would be considered a reach, much like Samanic was.

So? Nobody had Ginobili going before 57 and history showed he should have been number 1, tbh.

SpurPadre
11-18-2020, 03:15 PM
So? Nobody had Ginobili going before 57 and history showed he should have been number 1, tbh.

True but how often does that happen? We took a chance last year on Sammich and the dude is a scrub with t-rex arms. I see the appeal in Poku but I prefer as safe a pick as we can get.

DAF86
11-18-2020, 03:23 PM
True but how often does that happen? We took a chance last year on Sammich and the dude is a scrub with t-rex arms. I see the appeal in Poku but I prefer as safe a pick as we can get.

Pretty much every year guys that should have been picked higher drop in the draft, tbh.

buttsR4rebounding
11-18-2020, 03:35 PM

Of course, they can't legally enter into a contract until they are 18.

Kurgan
11-18-2020, 03:39 PM
Spurs are not drafting two Euro projects in back to back years. No way.

DAF86
11-18-2020, 03:56 PM

By definition, every player selected on the draft is a "project".

bluebellmaniac
11-18-2020, 03:57 PM

If we have more than 1 first round pick and he is willing to play in Europe for a couple to three years, I could see it happening. If we do make a move tonight, lots will depend on who and how many players we take back and do we have room for a Poku on the roster. If we don't have room and we can afford to wait, that would be a great pick (assuming he is willing to play abroad). Many factors involved, too many to wrap my head around it.

bluebellmaniac
11-18-2020, 04:02 PM
3 hours until the draft. Final prognostications ... calling all final prognostications...

DPG21920
11-18-2020, 04:03 PM
Who can guess anything in this draft when it’s all over the place and who knows what will happen? I will just say that I think SA makes a trade.

Prime BEEF
11-18-2020, 04:07 PM
3 hours until the draft. Final prognostications ... calling all final prognostications...
Spurs choke hardcore. DDR and LMA are not traded and pick either poku or meladon with #11. Really hope I’m wrong. Would love to somehow get wiseman, Halliburton, Toppin, J. Smith, Tyler Bey or Nwora

Dejounte
11-18-2020, 04:09 PM
Who can guess anything in this draft when it’s all over the place and who knows what will happen? I will just say that I think SA makes a trade.
smush can. He sees the future.

PhantomDashCam
11-18-2020, 04:14 PM

Agreed. Too many rumours to ignore this time. No team appears to want to move their 2021 pick...yet.
If you believe in a transcendent talent in this draft, that pick might become available.

R. DeMurre
11-18-2020, 04:14 PM
Poku's literally the youngest guy in the draft. If he hadn't turned pro in Greece, he'd possibly be starting his freshman year in college this season... so to say he's a few years away from making an impact in the NBA is kinda obvious. In a normal case of development, Poku would've moved up to the main Olympiacos team this year and played his first top level Euro season... He's 3 years & 9 months younger than Obi Toppin. Would you have expected Toppin to contribute to an NBA team in 2016? or '17? Did anyone here even know Toppin's name in 2017? 3 years & 9 months is the time span of an entire 4 year college experience.

Chinook
11-18-2020, 04:38 PM
Who cares that he's younger than Toppin? I don't think I've ever seen a poster crusade against a player this badly. Even Dejounte doesn't ream on Vassel or Bey this much.

Dejounte
11-18-2020, 04:43 PM
Who cares that he's younger than Toppin? I don't think I've ever seen a poster crusade against a player this badly. Even Dejounte doesn't ream on Vassel or Bey this much.

Lmao

K...
11-18-2020, 04:54 PM
I'm feeling those drops coming, that 11 pick is mad value tonight

R. DeMurre
11-18-2020, 05:08 PM

Nothing I wrote there even criticizes Toppin... not sure why someone disagreeing with you on a college player gets you so upset.

Who cares that one prospect is nearly four years younger than another prospect? Every single scout and GM looking at them.

Chinook
11-18-2020, 05:21 PM
Nothing I wrote there even criticizes Toppin... not sure why someone disagreeing with you on a college player gets you so upset.

I have been on Toppin forever, but for some reason, I can still talk about other players without forcing him into every conversation. Same with like Poke skepticism. It's just weird that you feel the need to bring him up when there's like a five-percent chance the Spurs even get a chance to draft him. There are a number of other players likelier to be a Spurs than are four years older than Poke.

Who cares that one prospect is nearly four years younger than another prospect? Every single scout and GM looking at them.

I mean, yeah, in the sense that it is a metric to compare those two specific players. But like is that a point in Poke's general column? No. The Spurs shouldn't worry about who they're not drafting. Would Poke be a good pick? I don't know what they think but, "Well he's younger than Toppin" probably isn't something they're using to answer that question.

R. DeMurre
11-18-2020, 05:36 PM
I mean, yeah, in the sense that it is a metric to compare those two specific players. But like is that a point in Poke's general column? No. The Spurs shouldn't worry about who they're not drafting. Would Poke be a good pick? I don't know what they think but, "Well he's younger than Toppin" probably isn't something they're using to answer that question.

It was a direct response to someone saying Poku is 3 or 4 years away, as if that's a shortcoming for the youngest player in the draft. It had nothing to do with the Spurs drafting him. It was general draft talk.... And talk about a silly obsession-- Poku himself says his nickname is Poku, his teammates and his coach called him Poku, and his Instagram account is called Poku20:lol... You're literally the only person who calls him Poke, because you thinks it's a clever dig. Cheers to your cleverness.

SpurPadre
11-18-2020, 05:43 PM
Why is Toppin being 22 such an issue to many people right now? It wasn't an issue when TD was 22 and the #1 overall pick who went on to win 5 rings and be the GOAT PF. Shit, it wasn't that much of an issue when Derrick White was 23 and went in the first round. I mean, I know there are more and more players doing the one and done deal in college or declaring themselves for the draft before they hit 21, but I'm surprised to see so many people make an issue of being a 22 year old rookie.

Dejounte
11-18-2020, 05:44 PM
Why is Toppin being 22 such an issue to many people right now? It wasn't an issue when TD was 22 and the #1 overall pick who went on to win 5 rings and be the GOAT PF. Shit, it wasn't that much of an issue when Derrick White was 23 and went in the first round. I mean, I know there are more and more players doing the one and done deal in college or declaring themselves for the draft before they hit 21, but I'm surprised to see so many people make an issue of being a 22 year old rookie.

Ageism. People are obsessed with potential when you're a young age.

Chinook
11-18-2020, 05:50 PM
It was a direct response to someone saying Poku is 3 or 4 years away, as if that's a shortcoming for the youngest player in the draft.

It's not normal for draft picks to be three or four years away, even when they're 18. I actually agree with DAF86 than if he's good, he'll show it way before then. But what I don't agree with is comparing him to another prospect who has nothing to do with him as an attempt to justify waiting.

And talk about a silly obsession-- Poku himself says his nickname is Poku, his teammates and his coach called him Poku, and his Instagram account is called Poku20:lol... You're literally the only person who calls him Poke, because you thinks it's a clever dig.

Wait, how is that a dig? Is poke a slur or even an insult in some culture I don't know about. I call Poeltl 'Poe' and Samanic 'Sam' too. Shit, I called Cunningham 'Cun', much to the dismay of multiple Spurs posters. None of those abbreviations and the many others I use are meant to be insults. I also don't really care about using approved abbreviations or nicknames. Shit, I call Toppin Obitops (haven't on this forum yet, but it'll come if SA drafts him). I'm gonna chalk up your offense to some factor of word "poke" than I don't know. Otherwise, it seems like you're just showing your oversensitivity.

Chinook
11-18-2020, 05:51 PM
Ageism. People are obsessed with potential when you're a young age.

Exactly people want to make it seem like folks improve mainly due to aging when in reality exposure to coaching, specifically high-level coaching is what determines a developmental curve. Toppin is basically the same age as Hachimura, and I've yet to hear anyone talk about how Rui is a finished product despite the dude having a year of actual NBA coaching

Dejounte
11-18-2020, 06:10 PM
Exactly people want to make it seem like folks improve mainly due to aging when in reality exposure to coaching, specifically high-level coaching is what determines a developmental curve. Toppin is basically the same age as Hachimura, and I've yet to hear anyone talk about how Rui is a finished product despite the dude having a year of actual NBA coaching

Don't forget being a late bloomer is a factor in this too. See: Timmy, D White.

Mugen
11-18-2020, 06:13 PM
Don't forget being a late bloomer is a factor in this too. See: Timmy, D White.

:lol How exactly was Timmy a late bloomer?

rankingtear
11-18-2020, 06:16 PM
Statistically younger players do better in the NBA than older counterparts.

Dejounte
11-18-2020, 06:16 PM
:lol How exactly was Timmy a late bloomer?

He didn't start basketball until he was in 9th grade.

Mugen
11-18-2020, 06:21 PM
He didn't start basketball until he was in 9th grade.

And he was pretty much the consensus #1 pick by the time he started his sophomore year in college.

Dejounte
11-18-2020, 06:23 PM
And he was pretty much the consensus #1 pick by the time he started his sophomore year in college.

I'm simply answering your question on why he is a late bloomer lol

objective
11-18-2020, 06:29 PM

And while Duncan was a 4 year guy he finished college at age 21.

I seem to remember Street & Smith or Sporting News mocking him in their pre-season rag as the #1 guy when he was 19.

FireMicoHalili
11-18-2020, 11:55 PM

Hipster pick meaning a guy no one's ever scouted seriously and can't assess whether he's a good investment because hardly anyone ever looked closely and hardly anyone ever knows how his game translates in a more physical league. How does college ball even factor in? It's always going to be a crap shoot. How many Ginobilis, Jokics turn out to be bona fide stars? Have you counted? For every Ginobili and a Nikola Jokic you also have Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Zarko Cabarkapa, Marko Todorovic, Viktor Khryapa, Sergei Monya, Yaroslav Korolev, etc etc.

The draft is what it is. It's always going to be a crap shoot.

DAF86
11-19-2020, 12:01 AM
Hipster pick meaning a guy no one's ever scouted seriously and can't assess whether he's a good investment because hardly anyone ever looked closely and hardly anyone ever knows how his game translates in a more physical league. How does college ball even factor in? It's always going to be a crap shoot. How many Ginobilis, Jokics turn out to be bona fide stars? Have you counted? For every Ginobili and a Nikola Jokic you also have Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Zarko Cabarkapa, Marko Todorovic, Viktor Khryapa, Sergei Monya, Yaroslav Korolev, etc etc.

The draft is what it is. It's always going to be a crap shoot.

I watched pretty much every game he played. They are all on Youtube. Chances are every GM in the league did the same, tbh.

NickiRasgo
03-18-2022, 12:09 AM
If there's no trade will happen involving picks, I kinda liked the idea of drafting Saddiq Bey instead of Patrick Williams or any prospect who will be a project for the 11th pick. He seems a safe pick to compliment the Spurs' young cores since he has the potential to be a solid role-player like Robert Covington.
They could just skip this draft hoping for their next big star potential because this draft is so weak that I'm not even not sold with Anthony Edwards or James Wiseman to be a star, I could see Lamelo Ball succeeds tho.

Spurs should just focus complimenting their young cores and focus themselves in 2021 draft and off-season - no need to rush.

It could be fluke tho but he's one of my player for the last 2 season in NBA Fantasy but I dropped him earlier this season. F me. :downspin:

https://scontent.fmnl4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/276029233_5108451249262277_1833664758265281525_n.j pg?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeFjUit9dU5VCzdtczmfCETwkqDtZ-lS916SoO1n6VL3XuMAVfAh59Bj9qaC7cPh4q0&_nc_ohc=G5qK9AR4MU4AX9SpPOP&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl4-2.fna&oh=00_AT8tnWv2WFKiOgTokudBysYS4-7RgP_O0TsAG0LhAtPwaQ&oe=6239D6C7

KingKev
03-18-2022, 04:17 AM
It could be fluke tho but he's one of my player for the last 2 season in NBA Fantasy but I dropped him earlier this season. F me. :downspin:

https://scontent.fmnl4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/276029233_5108451249262277_1833664758265281525_n.j pg?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeFjUit9dU5VCzdtczmfCETwkqDtZ-lS916SoO1n6VL3XuMAVfAh59Bj9qaC7cPh4q0&_nc_ohc=G5qK9AR4MU4AX9SpPOP&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl4-2.fna&oh=00_AT8tnWv2WFKiOgTokudBysYS4-7RgP_O0TsAG0LhAtPwaQ&oe=6239D6C7

He shoots the 3 at a decent % on volume. 51 pts on all shots is impressive and they weren’t just open looks. He looked like Klay out there. There isn’t a single player on our roster who could do what he did tonight.