PDA

View Full Version : If the Spurs draft 11th

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Collins21
03-13-2020, 11:35 PM
Let DeMar walk. Trade Murray for Kelly Oubre JR. Then with th 11th pick if RJ Hampton is there still run to the podium and take him. Then use the MLE to sign Joe Harris. a line up of White, Harris, Oubre Jr, Lyles and Aldridge could get you back into the playoffs while also rebuilding.

slick'81
03-13-2020, 11:48 PM
Not a horrible idea

Collins21
03-13-2020, 11:49 PM
Not a horrible idea

People just focus on the DeMar aspect but I think getting rid of Murray would make the team better as well.

Robz4000
03-13-2020, 11:59 PM
Murray was finally starting to consistently play well at both ends before his injury and he's also locked in on a team friendly deal, so you want to trade him for a worse player on an expiring deal who will look to get paid twice as much (or will also walk for nothing)? Ok.

Collins21
03-14-2020, 12:10 AM
Murray was finally starting to consistently play well at both ends before his injury and he's also locked in on a team friendly deal, so you want to trade him for a worse player on an expiring deal who will look to get paid twice as much (or will also walk for nothing)? Ok.

Wait since when is Oubre a worse player than Murray?

Robz4000
03-14-2020, 12:20 AM
Wait since when is Oubre a worse player than Murray?

Worse defender, worse 3-pt shooter (worse overall FG% when it comes down to it), worse playmaker (which is crazy when you consider how mediocre Murray has been running the offense), and worse in just about every advanced metric. He averages more PPG though !!!!!

sasaint
03-14-2020, 12:57 AM
The only reason you move Dijon is if you believe he is injury prone PLUS you find a GM who believes he isn't and gives you great value.

JPB
03-14-2020, 01:29 AM
Let's repeat it takes one year of competition for a guy coming back from ACL injury to (eventually) get back to former self. If Covid-19 doesn't kill us all, Murray should have a better season next year.

sasaint
03-14-2020, 01:49 AM
Let's repeat it takes one year of competition for a guy coming back from ACL injury to (eventually) get back to former self. If Covid-19 doesn't kill us all, Murray should have a better season next year.

:tu I just wish he hadn't had the leg injury that shut him down at the end of this truncated season. He showed excellent improvement in his shooting across the board.

slick'81
03-14-2020, 02:27 AM
:tu I just wish he hadn't had the leg injury that shut him down at the end of this truncated season. He showed excellent improvement in his shooting across the board.

He and lyles seemed to be putting it together

cd021
03-14-2020, 04:32 AM
I'd trade White to move up and try and draft Deni or trade White for another lottery pick and take Hampton with one of those picks.

White will be 26 in the off-season and his ceiling seems to be a good starter-above average bench player. Hampton is 19 and could develop into a star for the Spurs

EasyMoney
03-14-2020, 08:04 AM
Oubre is going to be on a 1 year deal before he enters free agency where he could command a contract higher than dejounte's. If anything I'd trade Aldridge to move up and draft ongweku or whatever his name is. Or at least trade rudy to move up 2 or 3 spots. And get toppin or avdija

JPB
03-14-2020, 08:34 AM
Oubre is going to be on a 1 year deal before he enters free agency where he could command a contract higher than dejounte's. If anything I'd trade Aldridge to move up and draft ongweku or whatever his name is. Or at least trade rudy to move up 2 or 3 spots. And get toppin or avdija

Hum... we need to talk, bruh.

SpursDynasty85
03-14-2020, 08:45 AM
Let DeMar walk. Trade Murray for Kelly Oubre JR. Then with th 11th pick if RJ Hampton is there still run to the podium and take him. Then use the MLE to sign Joe Harris. a line up of White, Harris, Oubre Jr, Lyles and Aldridge could get you back into the playoffs while also rebuilding.

Pretty sure Joe Harris is worth more than the MLE.

spurspl
03-14-2020, 09:23 AM
imo murray is worth more than oubre jr

but overall i like much more this lineup than we have now

sananspursfan21
03-14-2020, 09:55 AM
At this point, most players are expendable

EasyMoney
03-14-2020, 10:02 AM
Hum... we need to talk, bruh.

A little too optimistic. I know ha

ZeusWillJudge
03-14-2020, 11:01 AM

I don't hate Hampton. I'm not sure I would spend the 11 pick on him, but this draft is going to be more of a crap shoot than ever. I don't like his attitude very much, and he coughs the ball up a LOT. And one of these days I would love it if the Spurs would have a point guard who is a point guard, and not a combo guard. Hampton is pretty lightweight to be facing NBA competition, and he's going to get pushed around a lot until he bulks up. But he's a good setup man. That's sort of wasted if Pop is going to keep the team ISO heavy.

I don't get the Oubre trade. I agree that Oubre is a more polished player right now, but Murray is pretty much where Oubre was at this point in his career, and that's after a year off for injury. More to the point, compare Murray's first year back after injury to Oubre's first year back after injury - Murray is better hands-down. Regardless of what some people here say, Murray is a better defender and a MUCH better rebounder. When you add up net impact, I would take third year Murray over third year Oubre. And Oubre is expiring next year. If he has a good year, you have to pay him, or he walks for nothing. I think the Spurs have to go with the investment they've made in Murray. If he comes along the same way Oubre did, and expect his second year post-injury to be great.

dbestpro
03-14-2020, 12:29 PM
Hopefully Pop has been fooling us all along and will do a sign and trade of Forbes and played him so much as to give him some sort of value in a trade.

wildbill2u
03-14-2020, 12:50 PM
Wherever we draft, take the best available talent. We have a lot of rebuilding to do yet. If we get a super great pick at Guard, take it and trade off one of ours. We have plenty. And anyone is on the bubble as bait to move up in the draft to get a can't miss superstar potential.

No one is untradeable on this team from my standpoint. From outsider GMs stanpoint they might think several of our players are untradeable --to them. We have some players that a lot of us wouldn't miss if they were traded, but they have to have some value to the other team above the run of the mill bench player.

Not many of us on ST are reliable peudo-GMs in proposing trades. A trade that meets technical requirement on a trading program doesn't make it a desirable deal for both teams.

As a practical matter you have to keep LMA as our only reliable big-- unless we can work a deal to draft a potential superstar big, ready to start in the NBA. Could happen. Happened before. Or maybe Portland comes up with a great offer to make his return easy. Personally, despite the hype about emotional reunions, I don't know that anyone cares about it except LMA and Lilliard. The NBA is like the mighty Mississippi, it just keeps rolling along. Unless you try to completely crash the team, he is a pretty good player to keep for the transition.

tim_duncan_fan
03-15-2020, 03:17 AM
At this point, most players are expendable

Yeah, if you can help it, you pay the as close to the salary floor as possible, unless you are really a contender. Most of the all-star calibre players are NOT franchise difference makers.

bluebellmaniac
03-15-2020, 05:24 AM
Since this is an IF thread, who do you see us picking if we get:
Pick #1?

If we draw pick#2?

If we draw pick #3?

If we draw pick #4?

Ignazzz
03-15-2020, 09:30 AM
#1 & 2 trade down
#3 Avdiya
#4 Okoro or Toppin

Dverde
03-15-2020, 09:32 AM
Pick #1?

If we draw pick#2?

If we draw pick #3?

If we draw pick #4?

a guard.

r0drig0lac
03-15-2020, 10:37 AM
a guard.

6' - 6'2"

wildbill2u
03-15-2020, 11:19 AM
6' - 6'2"

Nah, lets surprise the league by taking a guard who is between 5' and 6'/ Maybe we could set another record by signing the shortest player ever in the league. And we could trade or resign Boban. Drastic times call for drastic laughs.

B1gduff
03-15-2020, 12:53 PM
lamo...go think your aren't a gm. holy shit this is bad. Jr will asking for a max, while Dj is on a team friendly contract. Harris is worth more than the MlE. Latly we don't need another pg/sg, we need sf/pf.

spurspl
03-15-2020, 03:19 PM
spurs should do everything to get obi toppin.

move up by using f.e murray. Then signing gallinari (hes a UFA this summer)

white/loonie/gallinari/obi/LMA(whiteside)

if lma leaves than spurs can sign whiteside or paul millsap

cd021
03-15-2020, 05:02 PM
#1 & 2 trade down
#3 Avdiya
#4 Okoro or Toppin

Thats pretty high for Toppin' but I'd be fine with him.

Just watched some clips of his, impressive.

Good athlete and very quick for a big, massive 7'4 wing span, looks like he can be a hit 3's at the next level as well as score in post and around the rim consistently.

Cryptic Parable
03-15-2020, 06:22 PM
Draft Wiseman

XDT76
03-15-2020, 08:03 PM
Nah, lets surprise the league by taking a guard who is between 5' and 6'/ Maybe we could set another record by signing the shortest player ever in the league. And we could trade or resign Boban. Drastic times call for drastic laughs.

Muggsy Bogues was 5 ft 3, I doubt you can beat that.

Thomas82
03-15-2020, 11:05 PM
Pick #1?

If we draw pick#2?

If we draw pick #3?

If we draw pick #4?

If we get either one of those picks, I hope it ends with us getting James Wiseman.

Thomas82
03-15-2020, 11:07 PM
Draft Wiseman

That's what I'm talking about!!

bluebellmaniac
03-16-2020, 06:51 AM
Pick #1?

If we draw pick#2?

If we draw pick #3?

If we draw pick #4?

I'm thinking if it's #1 or #2, Wiseman. #3 or #4, Avdiya.

If we got Wiseman, we then trade LMA back to Portland for whatever we can get.

If we get Avdiya, then DJM and / or DDR go on the market as he'll eat up the 3 minutes, making DDR & DJM fight over minutes. Whites gotta be our PG next year and Keldon should be in the rotation. If DDR goes, could be a good reason to bring Nikola over from a salary perspective. Depending on what we bring back in a trade.

exstatic
03-16-2020, 09:40 AM
I'm thinking if it's #1 or #2, Wiseman. #3 or #4, Avdiya.

If we got Wiseman, we then trade LMA back to Portland for whatever we can get.

If we get Avdiya, then DJM and / or DDR go on the market as he'll eat up the 3 minutes, making DDR & DJM fight over minutes. Whites gotta be our PG next year and Keldon should be in the rotation. If DDR goes, could be a good reason to bring Nikola over from a salary perspective. Depending on what we bring back in a trade.

He's not coming. He was drafted right before the new rules emphasis that forces switches on almost every PnR. He's a lumbering dinosaur.

gospursgojas
03-16-2020, 10:10 AM
Toppin looks like the superstar of the draft.

ginobilized
03-16-2020, 11:43 AM
Toppin looks like a playground legend. Amare Stoudemire lite. I haven't seen enough to show me that he's a real basketball player.
Maybe, I'm wrong. No way 10 teams pass on him, though.

bluebellmaniac
03-16-2020, 01:16 PM
He's not coming. He was drafted right before the new rules emphasis that forces switches on almost every PnR. He's a lumbering dinosaur.

I was under the impression that he was very mobile. Wow, was that wrong.

exstatic
03-16-2020, 02:28 PM
I was under the impression that he was very mobile. Wow, was that wrong.

He's a euro big, and actually european, not an import from Africa, like Ibaka. I think if the Spurs had any idea of the upcoming sea change in the league, he never would have been drafted. I havent heard him mentioned by PATFO in years, usually a sign that they're not coming over.

cd021
03-16-2020, 05:03 PM
Toppin looks like a playground legend. Amare Stoudemire lite. I haven't seen enough to show me that he's a real basketball player.
Maybe, I'm wrong. No way 10 teams pass on him, though.

Amare is the first player I thought of when watching clips of him. Seems like a definite top 10 pick.

BillMc
03-17-2020, 11:58 AM
These guys have us picking Iowa State's Haliburton at 11.

Can't get excited about yet another point guard, even if we need one because DJ and White may not be anything special.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/3/17/21171808/nba-mock-draft-2020-lamelo-ball-anthony-edwards-golden-state-warriors-hawks-timberwolves

Thomas82
03-17-2020, 12:23 PM

Can't get excited about yet another point guard, even if we need one because DJ and White may not be anything special.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/3/17/21171808/nba-mock-draft-2020-lamelo-ball-anthony-edwards-golden-state-warriors-hawks-timberwolves

Facts!! We need to go big in this draft and next year's.

exstatic
03-17-2020, 01:23 PM
Halliburton would be a solid pick. Plus defender, and he’ll stuff the stat sheet like JKidd did. His 3 ball is ugly, but he has huge range with it.

cd021
03-17-2020, 05:12 PM

I'd be fine with the Spurs taking another guard. Since they don't trade 1sts, there is always going to be overlap with other young prospects on the roster. Key difference is that the guard being selected would probably have a much higher upside given the higher quality of talent found at the top of the draft.

I wouldn't mind them taking Hampton and trading White for another lottery pick, assuming that they can't package White and the 11th to move up.

White probably maxes out as a good starter, above average bench player. Hampton has star potential and is nearly 7 years younger.

exstatic
03-17-2020, 05:24 PM
I'd be fine with the Spurs taking another guard. Since they don't trade 1sts, there is always going to be overlap with other young prospects on the roster. Key difference is that the guard being selected would probably have a much higher upside given the higher quality of talent found at the top of the draft.

I wouldn't mind them taking Hampton and trading White for another lottery pick, assuming that they can't package White and the 11th to move up.

White probably maxes out as a good starter, above average bench player. Hampton has star potential and is nearly 7 years younger.

So, why is someone going to take him for a lottery pick? Or take our pick, plus him, and move us up?

You can't have it both ways. If he's valuable enough to do one or both of those things, he's definitely a keeper. If he's not, no one will do either of the things above.

Prime BEEF
03-17-2020, 05:32 PM
Halliburton would be a solid pick. Plus defender, and he’ll stuff the stat sheet like JKidd did. His 3 ball is ugly, but he has huge range with it.
Agree. Halliburton would be a great choice. He has DJ’s length and defense but also has playmaking skills and can shoot. If we draft him then we should move white or DJ

cd021
03-17-2020, 06:12 PM
So, why is someone going to take him for a lottery pick? Or take our pick, plus him, and move us up?

You can't have it both ways. If he's valuable enough to do one or both of those things, he's definitely a keeper. If he's not, no one will do either of the things above.

I can have it both ways. Whites an established player who is probably a good starter in the NBA. A team that doesn't have a pick in the top 5 probably may rather have White than, say the 10th pick, given the reputation of this draft.

A team in the top 5 may only view this as a two player draft and be willing to move down, getting a starting guard and while only moving down a few spots is pretty good return tbh.

White potentially getting the Spurs a lottery pick doesn't make him a keeper, especially if the Spurs select a guard like Hampton. They don't tend to miss on picks and, given his potential, they could help turn him into a star. White's situation is almost identical to George Hill tbh.

slick'81
03-17-2020, 06:23 PM

We dont have an actual pg...just guys pretending tbh

Sugus
03-17-2020, 08:31 PM
We dont have an actual pg...just guys pretending tbh

Huh? White is an actual PG. He thrived last season being handled the reigns of the team and setting up his teammates, had great chemistry on the PnR with Jakob and was very aggressive when we needed him to be, despite being hindered by two "stars" demanding the ball for their ISO-heavy, outdated playstyles. DJ I could see the argument for; he'll probably never be above-average at running an offense, and would be best used as a combo guard starting alongside White (provided one or both of DD and LMA are off the team, and DJ's jumper and willingness to shoot keep growing steadily), or with another ball-dominant player who's a good playmaker, like Giannis does for the Bucks (DD could fit here if he wasn't such a stupidly bad player for the modern NBA).

But I do agree with your overall sentiment that, if there's a chance of Deni Avidja falling to us, you take BPA and figure it out later. No one is untouchable on the team right now... Closest would be Lonnie, imo, and even then I'd understand the Spurs drafting another SG/SF if it's the BPA, though I'd rather they take their chances on a SF/PF or PF/C type player.

Trueblood
03-17-2020, 10:02 PM
Huh? White is an actual PG. He thrived last season being handled the reigns of the team and setting up his teammates, had great chemistry on the PnR with Jakob and was very aggressive when we needed him to be, despite being hindered by two "stars" demanding the ball for their ISO-heavy, outdated playstyles. DJ I could see the argument for; he'll probably never be above-average at running an offense, and would be best used as a combo guard starting alongside White (provided one or both of DD and LMA are off the team, and DJ's jumper and willingness to shoot keep growing steadily), or with another ball-dominant player who's a good playmaker, like Giannis does for the Bucks (DD could fit here if he wasn't such a stupidly bad player for the modern NBA).

But I do agree with your overall sentiment that, if there's a chance of Deni Avidja falling to us, you take BPA and figure it out later. No one is untouchable on the team right now... Closest would be Lonnie, imo, and even then I'd understand the Spurs drafting another SG/SF if it's the BPA, though I'd rather they take their chances on a SF/PF or PF/C type player.

I agree with the sentiment that Walker is pretty untouchable, but I think at this point Johnson has done more and impressed more with the minutes he's given even with 1 less year than walker.

Sugus
03-18-2020, 12:47 AM
I agree with the sentiment that Walker is pretty untouchable, but I think at this point Johnson has done more and impressed more with the minutes he's given even with 1 less year than walker.

Agree. Keldon looks special, and more importantly, ready. Lonnie, having played much more in the NBA by now, still looks like he's got many things to put together. I'm hoping this time off can help the both of them grow together, considering there's videos of them training along one another. Definitely our two "untouchables".

Ocotillo
03-18-2020, 10:17 AM
Like most of the folks on here, I like the new guys and have confidence they will develop into good NBA players. The thing is, for the Spurs to get back to the promised land, they have to get that generational type of player. Right now, we are drafting/developing Sean Elliotts which are solid and needed but to get back into a serious shot at the finals, we need the David Robinson or Tim Duncan type talent to go with the young guns.

Ocotillo
03-18-2020, 10:20 AM
Like most of the folks on here, I like the new guys and have confidence they will develop into good NBA players. The thing is, for the Spurs to get back to the promised land, they have to get that generational type of player. Right now, we are drafting/developing Sean Elliotts which are solid and needed but to get back into a serious shot at the finals, we need the David Robinson or Tim Duncan type talent to go with the young guns.

Easier said than done though I understand.... Most of those guys go number one in the draft because it is known they will become studs but I guess this organization drafted the last talent later in the draft with Nephew. Will the basketball gods smile on us again?

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-18-2020, 11:51 AM
Hypothetical question - if the season is canceled shouldn't all teams be in the lottery?

Sugus
03-18-2020, 09:05 PM
Hypothetical question - if the season is canceled shouldn't all teams be in the lottery?

They'll probably just act like the regular season ended at the last game played and have the regular draft format. Sucks a bit for the Spurs since it looked like Pop was finally ready to face the truth and throw the towel... Even if we'd been losing all season anyways. We just have to pray to the flattened odds and lottery gods getting us into the top 4.

barakz21
03-19-2020, 10:42 AM
Would be nice if they pull off some magic moves like in Draft Day, probably not gonna happen since it’s basketball and it’s the spurs.

Truth4sale$
03-21-2020, 09:47 PM
Spura have to go young , with huge upside. Knowing that the player will be 2-3 years away. But they need to move DeRozan to a team tired of losing and try and get a extra pick as well. There are a few guys that fit the Spurs needs, but are not worth the #11 pick, Saddiq Bey and Jaden McDaniels. Both are a reach with#11 but fit the need of a bigger small forward, and Bey is along

spurspl
03-22-2020, 10:39 AM
i think that spurs drafts the players who declare that they wanna be like 'slaves' and do everything what pop say. That may be the reason why spurs aint draft so well bc all these best young players dont wanna do this things. They wanna be a star and have a significant influence on a team. So i wont be surprise if spurs pass on a best available player these draft to get one who just agree to 'superiority' of pop.

widowmaker
03-22-2020, 11:03 AM
i think that spurs drafts the players who declare that they wanna be like 'slaves' and do everything what pop say. That may be the reason why spurs aint draft so well bc all these best young players dont wanna do this things. They wanna be a star and have a significant influence on a team. So i wont be surprise if spurs pass on a best available player these draft to get one who just agree to 'superiority' of pop.

Yeah i agree spurs need to hire tyrone lue.

Collins21
03-22-2020, 11:22 AM

Man stop the Spurs don't treat their players like slaves. In fact the Spurs have players on this team who are total opposite from what they're used to. You say a lot of dumb shit but this slave narrative is the worst.

Degoat
03-22-2020, 11:36 AM
Since the season could be over it is pretty exciting to probably have the 11th pick, been watching highlights of some of the guys mocked in the 8-15 range, not to shabby

Ocotillo
03-22-2020, 12:27 PM
This upcoming draft may reveal how good some teams are when it comes to drafting. No NCAA tournament to see, workouts are likely not to happen, I guess interviews can be done via facetime but the scouting is going to be relegated to what happened pre-Covid19. The tournament has generally allowed players to improve their draft status as they have played well in March Madness.

Truth4sale$
03-24-2020, 09:01 AM
Next year, every rookie is likely to spend some time if not all of their time in the gleague. There will be a lot of rust to knock off. So spurs are better off getting someone with the highest upside, hopefully they pass on seniors this year until the 2nd round again like last year.

Dex
03-24-2020, 10:12 AM
They'll probably just act like the regular season ended at the last game played and have the regular draft format. Sucks a bit for the Spurs since it looked like Pop was finally ready to face the truth and throw the towel... Even if we'd been losing all season anyways. We just have to pray to the flattened odds and lottery gods getting us into the top 4.

The lowest we were realistically going to get anyways was probably 10th anyways if we were able to out-lose the Suns (who were actually playing better with Ayton back).

9th place is Charlotte who had a 6-game lead in the loss column with 17 games left. Even if the Spurs went into full on tank mode (i.e. playing Forbes 48 minutes), it's doubtful we catch that.

I'd really be pissed if I were a top 5 team getting a 26th-30th pick without even getting a playoffs (if that's the way the season goes).

spurspl
03-28-2020, 10:54 AM
Man stop the Spurs don't treat their players like slaves. In fact the Spurs have players on this team who are total opposite from what they're used to. You say a lot of dumb shit but this slave narrative is the worst.

yeaa maybe 'slave' narrative was lil too much but cmon. Spurs players have no freedom on a court. They must do what pop wants to. There was a game when loonie finished by dunking and pop was pissed on him and immediately benched him wtf?! As a coach u need to give ur players an opportunity to use their skills and creativeness in a way they want to. Thats the part of development. Pop isnt a god and doesnt know anything. Of course hes an experienced and successful coach but the way he treats players wont attract the best ones.

jjktkk
03-28-2020, 11:49 AM
Pop isnt a god and doesnt know anything. :lol

Russ
03-28-2020, 12:35 PM
The draft is technically less than 90 days away but I doubt it will happen until the season is over or officially cancelled.

The last LA sports-radio-host rumor I heard was a tentative June 30 for a restart. But that was over a week ago (i.e., over a year ago by today's "a week seems like a year" calendar). If the season were to resume June 30 and go one to two months (it was shut down with over three months to go), then the draft might be held early August to early September.

More likely, the season will just be cancelled. But when that decision is made will likely affect the date of the draft.

Another thing folks haven't focused on is the draft combine. That's no more feasible now than the NBA games, themselves. And what about player workouts for individual teams?

Looks like it's all up in the air.

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2020, 07:10 PM
need to move lma and ddr 2 loser mentality players

get rid of belli, forbes and wombat

spurs will be good if they actually have a volume scorer, spurs lack a scorer on the team who isnt afraid about fg% bullshit...why not trade fro mccollum? i think he needs his own team, his been held back on the blazers, even though he does have a habbit of games below 8pts

dbestpro
03-29-2020, 04:24 PM
Loser mentality is contagious. LMA, DDR, and Forbes all fit that bill.

slick'81
03-29-2020, 04:36 PM
need to move lma and ddr 2 loser mentality players

get rid of belli, forbes and wombat

spurs will be good if they actually have a volume scorer, spurs lack a scorer on the team who isnt afraid about fg% bullshit...why not trade fro mccollum? i think he needs his own team, his been held back on the blazers, even though he does have a habbit of games below 8pts

blazers wouldnt trade mccollum for anything we got,tbh

slick'81
03-29-2020, 04:37 PM
Loser mentality is contagious. LMA, DDR, and Forbes all fit that bill.

Thats our core! be nice

MannyIsGod
03-29-2020, 05:03 PM

*Walks into the Spurs forum in a minute to see how things are going*

*Opens this thread*

*walks right back out*

talkspurs
03-29-2020, 05:55 PM
Luka Garza with our second rd pick would be something I am interested in. If we could trade back in the second I think we could still get him as most are predicting end of 2nd or not drafted.

TD 21
03-29-2020, 07:20 PM
Barring lottery luck, I still think there's a good chance White is shopped, first to package with their pick to move up for Avdija or failing that, if the stand pat and select Hampton, Haliburton, Hayes or Maledon (all varying degrees of younger replacements), for a pick in the mid 1st to select Bey or Vassell.

BackHome
03-29-2020, 08:20 PM
Honestly until a Vaccine is created for the CCP Virus I don’t think will have a season until 2022.

buttsR4rebounding
03-30-2020, 09:05 PM
Barring lottery luck, I still think there's a good chance White is shopped, first to package with their pick to move up for Avdija or failing that, if the stand pat and select Hampton, Haliburton, Hayes or Maledon (all varying degrees of younger replacements), for a pick in the mid 1st to select Bey or Vassell.

I really like Bey. Seems to be exactly what the Spurs need.

spurs50_
03-31-2020, 07:06 AM
Put me down for Bey and Vassell..... Popovich will be ready to neuter.

Russ
03-31-2020, 10:14 AM
I really like Bey. Seems to be exactly what the Spurs need.

Put me down for Bey and Vassell..... Popovich will be ready to neuter.

I would suggest aiming higher.

(NBAdraft.net has Bey going to the Spurs at #41 (2d Round) and Vassell going at #30.)

FutureMan
03-31-2020, 11:03 AM

(NBAdraft.net has Bey going to the Spurs at #41 (2d Round) and Vassell going at #30.)

I’d suggest looking at more draft boards. Bey is projected from 13-17 and Vassell around the same if not higher.

buttsR4rebounding
03-31-2020, 11:55 AM

No way Bey goes at 41. I would love it, but it ain't happening.

Russ
03-31-2020, 04:11 PM
It may too much to hope for, but the Spurs could use a physically dominant player (or at least with that potential) rather than a more polished product with less upside.

Onyeka Okongwu, 6-9, USC is a physical specimen and already plays elite defense in the paint.

James Wiseman, 7-1, Memphis also might become a difference-maker. There are no doubt others.

Both of the above will probably be gone at 11 but might as well aim high -- the Spurs don't seem to be in position to plug in a ready-to-go role playing shooter. They're just not quite there yet and this is the best draft pick they've had in a while.

TD 21
03-31-2020, 06:14 PM
It may too much to hope for, but the Spurs could use a physically dominant player (or at least with that potential) rather than a more polished product with less upside.

Onyeka Okongwu, 6-9, USC is a physical specimen and already plays elite defense in the paint.

James Wiseman, 7-1, Memphis also might become a difference-maker. There are no doubt others.

Both of the above will probably be gone at 11 but might as well aim high -- the Spurs don't seem to be in position to plug in a ready-to-go role playing shooter. They're just not quite there yet and this is the best draft pick they've had in a while.

For sure, they should be selecting whoever they perceive to have the highest upside period . . . but if they don't foresee so much as a puncher's chance at being a star or at least primary offensive option out of the available options, then picking a potentially high end role player is fine.

By that I mean, non physical (athleticism and/or size) liabilities, who can shoot 3s and defend at a respectable rate. Develop a cadre of them and whenever it is they do luck into a star again, they'll automatically fit.

keithington1
04-01-2020, 06:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSKRGvTdkCs
I really like Saddiq Bey for the Spurs. This guy is a tall mobile knockdown shooter. Exactly what the Spurs need. Dude has is much bigger since HS. This guy was a guard just 2 years ago at 0:29 you can see him doing Keldon Johnson dirty with a PG dribble move. I like Vassell and McDaniels as well.

james evans
04-02-2020, 02:46 AM
The spurs gonna draft a guy that none of us can pronounce his name and he won't suit up until 2024

Russ
04-02-2020, 07:59 AM
Check out the spin moves at 0:18 and 1:09:

49XMEWRL8ZQ

B1gduff
04-02-2020, 10:59 AM
Bey is definitely a safe pick. His lack of athleticism and the burst is a concern, but he should be an NBA starter, with a potential all-star upside or a Potential solid 3 and D guy. He reminds me of a 2018 Rudy, but probably a better defensive player.

Another guy that has been rising is Patrick Williams, a 6'7/6'8 sf with a big body and 6'11 wingspan. He's still 19 i believe, but has all-star potential, but also super raw. he has the tools to be a dominate 2-way player. Has the size and strength to guard sf and potentially pf in a small line-up. Nbadraftroom has him in the top 15, at 11 falling to us. Espn has him at 20 in their ranking. I actually like this pick, good chance that DD stay andtoher year, and allows for Williams to develop more in the g-league.

B1gduff
04-02-2020, 11:03 AM
Alot of people wanting to tradeup in this years draft, i would not. I'd rather wait for the 21 draft. That class seems to be stocked, especially with franchise players.

top 2 projected picks have the potential to be MVPs, than from 3-16, potential all-stars and even a few franchise calibrate players. Also is class that is stacked with sg/sf. I would definitely try to move up in this draft.

FutureMan
04-02-2020, 01:24 PM
Alot of people wanting to tradeup in this years draft, i would not. I'd rather wait for the 21 draft. That class seems to be stocked, especially with franchise players.

top 2 projected picks have the potential to be MVPs, than from 3-16, potential all-stars and even a few franchise calibrate players. Also is class that is stacked with sg/sf. I would definitely try to move up in this draft.

I don’t see a reason why we can’t trade up and also keep next years draft a priority as well.

Personally I would trade up for any of these 5 players or hope they fall to us:
-Wiseman
-Avdija
-Toppin
-Okongwu
-Hayes
and maybe Haliburton

Otherwise I’d strongly consider trading down.

Trueblood
04-03-2020, 01:01 AM
Given the state of the NBA and the world as a whole it seems more and more likely that players will be opting into options this off season. That said I think DDR opts in for the last year. It's safe to say that he can't fetch us a lottery pick, but packaging him with our first rounder we could move up if we could find a team with a worse record and a history of bad moves (I'm looking at you Detroit). The question is do we value anyone enough to do that? In my opinion it's a no brainer. You move up to and have a better chance to get the guy you want plus getting rid of DDR is addition by subtraction imho.

talkspurs
04-03-2020, 08:43 PM
I see the nets as good trade partners for us. They want a 3rd star we want rid of DDR. We have had interest in Prince. If DDR would do an extension that would would work better for him and the nets.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-04-2020, 12:11 AM
If the NBA cancel the season ( which will happen, sooner or later ), wouldn't that mean all teams should be part of the lottery with equal chances for the No.1 pick? It'd be unfair to teams who won't be able to take the advantage of playing playoff games if they're denied a chance at the lottery too.

ace3g
04-04-2020, 12:01 PM
Might be a stupid question but if the @NBA (https://twitter.com/NBA/) season is cancelled, how do they determine the draft order? Is it based on the records of the teams this season?

exstatic
04-04-2020, 12:19 PM
If the NBA cancel the season ( which will happen, sooner or later ), wouldn't that mean all teams should be part of the lottery with equal chances for the No.1 pick? It'd be unfair to teams who won't be able to take the advantage of playing playoff games if they're denied a chance at the lottery too.

No. The idea of the draft and the lottery is that bad teams need the most help, and should draft first. Do you really want to see some rigged dog and pony show where LeBron magically gets the help that a number one pick would provide?

duncan2150
04-04-2020, 01:19 PM
Might be a stupid question but if the @NBA (https://twitter.com/NBA/) season is cancelled, how do they determine the draft order? Is it based on the records of the teams this season?

They will take the actual standings imo.

BackHome
04-04-2020, 04:21 PM
Yeah pretty sure they will take current record for draft

bluebellmaniac
04-04-2020, 07:01 PM
They will take the actual standings imo.

No lottery?

wildbill2u
04-04-2020, 07:25 PM
Bey seems like DeRozen 2.0. He maneuvers in the paint very well to get those close range layups. However, his 3pt shooting form is weird. And I didn't see ANY of the mid range jumpers that De ROz specializes in. The range of videos were small, but that was my impression.

pad300
04-04-2020, 08:05 PM
Bey seems like DeRozen 2.0. He maneuvers in the paint very well to get those close range layups. However, his 3pt shooting form is weird. And I didn't see ANY of the mid range jumpers that De ROz specializes in. The range of videos were small, but that was my impression.

You're stylistically comparing a guy who takes roughly half his shots from 3 pt range ( 175 out of 367 shots from 3pt range, this season) to Demar...

duncan2150
04-05-2020, 03:04 AM
No lottery?

Actual standings to do the lottery.....

BackHome
04-05-2020, 12:14 PM
Yeah hoping we get lucky with the ping pong ball. My picks if we stay at 11 on a side note I do agree if we somehow trade LMA or DEROZZ I would want a 2021 draft pick to be part of the trade and I still want to keep our first as well which will definitely help with the rebuild.

SF: Okoro, or Bey
SG: Hampton, or Vassell
PF: Pokusevski

I think these will be the best players available at our pick

DPG21920
04-05-2020, 12:31 PM

From what I’ve been reading/seeing, this is correct.

Every single team will be in the drawing for the lottery. Its actually written into the rules currently and is not an arbitrary decision.

JuneJive
04-05-2020, 12:41 PM

Every single team will be in the drawing for the lottery. Its actually written into the rules currently and is not an arbitrary decision.

Huh?

Where did you get that?

Thanks.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-05-2020, 01:19 PM

Do you have a source for confirming this? Sounds logical to me because if they cancel the season this would imply scrapping all results, so technically everyone would be 0-0 in the win loss column, thus no way to use the canceled season's standings for the lottery but I have no idea if there's an actual rule for this.

DPG21920
04-05-2020, 01:29 PM
Do you have a source for confirming this? Sounds logical to me because if they cancel the season this would imply scrapping all results, so technically everyone would be 0-0 in the win loss column, thus no way to use the canceled season's standings for the lottery but I have no idea if there's an actual rule for this.

It’s not set in stone; lots of room for interpretation based on the language in the CBA but the language seems on the surface to suggest this. But I was wrong in that it’s “not arbitrary”. It is. It’s seemingly the “rule” but it’s up for interpretation and negotiations more than I originally thought.

However, with how the cba works it can be agreed upon to do something different (like just freeze standings and do it based on that etc).

Here’s a few tweets from a very good capologist:

DPG21920
04-05-2020, 01:36 PM
Where it appears to get complicated based on the language around records not counting is that by definition the lottery is 14 teams. So this situation then is outside of that and would require the Board of Governors to come to a decision.

TD 21
04-05-2020, 03:34 PM
The more I hear about Maledon, the more he sounds like a Spur (seemingly similar to White all around, only 7 years younger) and considering Parker owns ASVEL, they should have intel on him that's second to none.

If/when they try and fail to move up for Avdija, I could see him being the pick.

As previously alluded to, that would free them up to trade White for a mid 1st (I could see the Magic and Timberwolves being interested) and select Bey or Vassel.

talkspurs
04-05-2020, 03:50 PM
I am still on the Luka Garza train in the second round. If we can trade down and convince him to go in the draft he would be a steal.

Sugus
04-05-2020, 11:27 PM
Definitely not a fan of any scenarios where we draft down. We should be looking to maximize our chances to get a star, not hoard role players - we've already got a team full of them.

look_at_g_shred
04-07-2020, 10:31 PM
It’s Patrick Williams and it’s not close. Have you guys even watched him play? He’s got the IT factor. Sound defensively and has all the tools to develop into an offensive weapon. NBA body as well.

slick'81
04-08-2020, 02:19 AM
It’s Patrick Williams and it’s not close. Have you guys even watched him play? He’s got the IT factor. Sound defensively and has all the tools to develop into an offensive weapon. NBA body as well.

whats his draft range?

Ignazzz
04-08-2020, 05:32 AM
20-30

szkorhetz
04-08-2020, 07:33 AM
It will be an Euro stash.
Don't worry.

Chinook
04-08-2020, 09:07 AM

No one is cancelling the season. They'd instead be cancelling the rest of the season. They aren't going to remove the stats from this year just because it didn't have a normal conclusion.Players will still get their accrued season for free agency or maxes. The season that they played will still count. They may or may not do something with the draft order, but it won't be because everyone is technically 0-0, because they aren't.

duncan2150
04-08-2020, 11:35 AM

Williams looks good but defensively imo okoro ceilling is higher and he is in our range.

Degoat
04-08-2020, 05:11 PM
Say we have the 11th pick, I don’t love this idea but if somebody falls within grasp would y’all trade 11th pick + DWhite or 11th pick + Lonnie to move up a couple spots??? Say Obi Toppin or Deni Avdija falls a little closer to us

cd021
04-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Say we have the 11th pick, I don’t love this idea but if somebody falls within grasp would y’all trade 11th pick + DWhite or 11th pick + Lonnie to move up a couple spots??? Say Obi Toppin or Deni Avdija falls a little closer to us

I wouldn't trade Walker to move up 5-7 spots, but I do like both Toppin and Avdija. Spurs could do something like 11th pick+ White+ protected 2021 pick to try and move up to draft Avdija, if they covet him badly enough.

duncan2150
04-08-2020, 07:15 PM

If I trade white if will Be for a proven player, i will not trade a player to move up a few spots.

But if we trade up the only target will Be avidja for me.

look_at_g_shred
04-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Guys!! It’s fucking PATRICK WILLIAMS!!!

BackHome
04-08-2020, 09:14 PM
Who?

Russ
04-08-2020, 09:15 PM
But if we trade up the only target will Be avidja for me.

If both Samanic and Avdija hit the Spurs would be flying for a long time.

(But both are pretty risky.)

B1gduff
04-09-2020, 10:36 AM
First off all, the 2021 draft class is looking like one of the best and deepest classes we seen. Its filled with talent. So their's no way i'm trading the 21 pick.

2nd, i'm on the train for Patrick Williams. 6'7/6'8 sf, that can be a lock down defender, with a good offensive upside. Plus he's one of the youngest player's in the draft with good upside.

Dejounte
04-09-2020, 11:20 AM
Wheres all this hype for Patrick Williams coming from all of a sudden

BackHome
04-09-2020, 01:32 PM
Tankathon has him going 28 I believe. But without the NCAA finals it’s going to be really hard to who has potential and who is just crap definitely teams will figure out how good there scouting/draft team is for this draft class

exstatic
04-09-2020, 03:36 PM
Wheres all this hype for Patrick Williams coming from all of a sudden

A bunch of alts, all pimping the same late first rounder at 11. :lol

TD 21
04-10-2020, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't trade Walker to move up 5-7 spots, but I do like both Toppin and Avdija. Spurs could do something like 11th pick+ White+ protected 2021 pick to try and move up to draft Avdija, if they covet him badly enough.

Same. In this draft, I'm not even sure there's a prospect who definitively has higher upside than Walker as is.

Adding a protected '21 pick (projects to be a loaded draft) to White and 11 to move up a handful of spots, shouldn't be required (and if it is, it shouldn't be considered). Saric and 11 got the Timberwolves 6 last year.

White lacks Saric's pedigree, but is a comparable asset and this is a projected weaker draft, at least at the top.

First off all, the 2021 draft class is looking like one of the best and deepest classes we seen. Its filled with talent. So their's no way i'm trading the 21 pick.

2nd, i'm on the train for Patrick Williams. 6'7/6'8 sf, that can be a lock down defender, with a good offensive upside. Plus he's one of the youngest player's in the draft with good upside.

I get the logic for Williams, but at some point they have to draft someone who's a bona fide shooter or barring significant improvement on this front from the youth, we're going to continue to see one dimensional, defensive liabilities continue to play an inflated role.

BackHome
04-10-2020, 03:24 PM
Need shooters and tall athletic ballers

spurs50_
04-10-2020, 07:08 PM
Saddiq Bey it is

talkspurs
04-10-2020, 07:44 PM
Saddiq Bey it is

I have some interest in him. He shoots 3s and is a defender and has height.

Russ
04-10-2020, 09:39 PM
Saddiq Bey it is

He's not a bad player, but I don't think any team in the NBA would use the 11th pick on him.

Degoat
04-10-2020, 09:59 PM
I like Saddiq Bey but wouldn’t he be redundant with Lonnie, Keldon, and Luka on the team?

DPG21920
04-10-2020, 10:46 PM
I like Saddiq Bey but wouldn’t he be redundant with Lonnie, Keldon, and Luka on the team?

IMO, none of the young guys are so good that you worry about that. If you think the best player where you are drafting is player X, you don’t pass on him due to redundancy and especially when you can have them coming off the bench on a cheap deal for a few years anyways.

BackHome
04-10-2020, 11:20 PM
Yeah I was hoping one of the young guys would establish themselves as a legit NBA starter but Walker, White, and Murray have shown flashes but none have been consistent to be a legit starter right now. For me it’s not about position I am just wanting someone who has passion for the game has good handles is athletic ie can play offense and defense and hopefully can shoot the rock.

BackHome
04-10-2020, 11:20 PM
Yeah I was hoping one of the young guys would establish themselves as a legit NBA starter but Walker, White, and Murray have shown flashes but none have been consistent to be a legit starter right now. For me it’s not about position I am just wanting someone who has passion for the game has good handles is athletic ie can play offense and defense and hopefully can shoot the rock.

Prime BEEF
04-11-2020, 09:56 AM
Yeah. Need athletic guys that can play defense, have grit or are tough, and that can shoot. They don’t have to be great offensive players. Just need to be able to hit the jumper when open.

MaNu4Tres
04-11-2020, 10:42 AM
Vassell should be available and is high on my hope list.

Duncan87
04-11-2020, 11:46 AM
Nikola Milutinov will sign a three-year deal with CSKA Moscow in the range of €3 million per season, a source told @Emiliano Carchia (https://twitter.com/Sportando). Barcelona was also pursuing Milutinov and put on the table around €7 million in three years

Duncan87
04-11-2020, 11:47 AM
Guess draft a good backup center became a option

BackHome
04-11-2020, 02:17 PM
Yeah one draft had us taking the Kid from Serbia I have feeling Pop might draft him

duncan2150
04-11-2020, 02:19 PM
Guess draft a good backup center became a option

Maybe a mobile interior who can protect the rip, that could be an option.
With Aldridge ans poetl, a pure center or old style center is out of spurs mind imo.

Prime BEEF
04-11-2020, 02:54 PM
Maybe a mobile interior who can protect the rip, that could be an option.
With Aldridge ans poetl, a pure center or old style center is out of spurs mind imo.
I’d like to somehow have Montrezl Harrell to pair with LMA and Poetl. Think they’d complement each other. Then use the 11th pick on a lockdown wing defender.

the FO will never do that but oh well.

duncan2150
04-11-2020, 06:24 PM
I’d like to somehow have Montrezl Harrell to pair with LMA and Poetl. Think they’d complement each other. Then use the 11th pick on a lockdown wing defender.

the FO will never do that but oh well.

Maybe one of the two, i agree we need a wing and a PF ala Harrell or a Rim protector imo.

tim_duncan_fan
04-11-2020, 07:19 PM
If they draft someone that can be described as lacking in athleticism or height in any way, that player better be one of the best shooters ever.

So tired of this team being slow, flat-footed, and small.

cd021
04-12-2020, 10:43 AM
Same. In this draft, I'm not even sure there's a prospect who definitively has higher upside than Walker as is.

Adding a protected '21 pick (projects to be a loaded draft) to White and 11 to move up a handful of spots, shouldn't be required (and if it is, it shouldn't be considered). Saric and 11 got the Timberwolves 6 last year.

White lacks Saric's pedigree, but is a comparable asset and this is a projected weaker draft, at least at the top.

Problem is that the projected top 3 teams really don't have a need for White. Atlanta and Detroit might be interesting options, both could use White. Atlanta could use a guard who can defend beside Young and share play-making responsibilities. Detroit could definitely use another guard besides Rose.

Would Avidja be available at 4 or 5? Maybe, but would teams be willing to trade back seven spots just for Derrick White? I doubt it. Spurs could try and ship White for another lottery with the plan to package both to move up, otherwise adding a protected 2021 pick would be the other option- if the value them that highly.

Spurs don't normally miss on their draft assessments, if they think he has star potential then that might be something they'd do.

TD 21
04-12-2020, 11:19 AM
Problem is that the projected top 3 teams really don't have a need for White. Atlanta and Detroit might be interesting options, both could use White. Atlanta could use a guard who can defend beside Young and share play-making responsibilities. Detroit could definitely use another guard besides Rose.

Would Avidja be available at 4 or 5? Maybe, but would teams be willing to trade back seven spots just for Derrick White? I doubt it. Spurs could try and ship White for another lottery with the plan to package both to move up, otherwise adding a protected 2021 pick would be the other option- if the value them that highly.

Spurs don't normally miss on their draft assessments, if they think he has star potential then that might be something they'd do.

Actually, they do . . . but it's moot because obviously he's not the caliber of player who teams would give up a top 3 pick for, even in this draft.

I was thinking more so 6 or 7. Obviously, he could be gone by then, but if not and those teams aren't sold, it's a draft that lacks definition from the mid-late lottery. It's possible they could view it like, they'll get a comparable/preferable player at 11, plus a solid asset.

The furthest the Spurs should go is a third minor asset. A third significant asset should only be added for someone with definitive star potential.

BackHome
04-12-2020, 01:20 PM
I really wish we new what we had with all our young kids but I don’t think will get a true picture until we can move Derozz. I do remember that when DEROZZ was out due to injury for a couple of weeks White stepped up and was balling big time and then as soon as Deroz came back he went back to being Beta.

I don’t think we need to trade up in the first to get a really good player. But if we draft Hampton and see him being our PG then I think we need to move one of our young players to jump right back in the draft and pick a SF or PF.

Degoat
04-13-2020, 03:36 PM
I was digging through the international prospects in this draft and I like what I saw from Leandro Bolmaro

BackHome
04-13-2020, 04:53 PM
Looked at some tape he is an Argentine - Italian, 19 years old playing for FC Barcelona Lass - SF - HT: 6’8. I would say he is a poor mans Manu with a little Joe Ingles. The Pros has good handles and has that Manu weirdness getting to the rim some things he needs to improve is his turnovers and his 3 point shooting.

Trueblood
04-13-2020, 05:16 PM
I was digging through the international prospects in this draft and I like what I saw from Leandro Bolmaro

They're saying he should be late first round, early second. I don't think he's in our range unless we:
A) Take him way to early
B) Move down with our 1st
C) Move up with our 2nd
Given our history I think we can rule out C. B would be better than A, but after Samanic, I could see us over valuing this guy and taking him at 11.

Degoat
04-13-2020, 05:24 PM
They're saying he should be late first round, early second. I don't think he's in our range unless we:
A) Take him way to early
C) Move up with our 2nd
Given our history I think we can rule out C. B would be better than A, but after Samanic, I could see us over valuing this guy and taking him at 11.

yeah that’s kinda what I was thinking since they took Samanic at 19 if they like a guy I’d imagine they’d take him at 11 too if they like him. He definitely passes the highlight eye test lol

FutureMan
04-13-2020, 05:30 PM
A) Take him way to early
C) Move up with our 2nd

D) Trade someone for a late first

bluebellmaniac
04-13-2020, 05:42 PM
When has an Argentinian SG ever worked out as a late draft pick? Pass.

Trueblood
04-13-2020, 07:07 PM
yeah that’s kinda what I was thinking since they took Samanic at 19 if they like a guy I’d imagine they’d take him at 11 too if they like him. He definitely passes the highlight eye test lol

I agree, but he's got to work on those contested jumpers. He's taking bad shots against lesser quality players. It would only get worse against NBA level talent.

Trueblood
04-13-2020, 07:10 PM
D) Trade someone for a late first

This is actually my favorite option, but I didn't list it due to reality. That's just not the "Spurs way"

DPG21920
04-13-2020, 07:35 PM
I don’t have a good read on him and its hard to go big man in drafts with how they are valued now, but depending on where the Spurs land maybe trading up for Wiseman?

SA doesn’t have any one glaring need over another (they need a lot) but I would say a young, mobile, long PF/C is on that list. The shelf is dry even though you can get plug and play C’s for pretty damn cheap.

If Wiseman projects to be a lot more than that though (so not just some no offense athletic shot blocker) then maybe it’s worth a gamble.

Gibbz
04-13-2020, 07:46 PM
I'd like Avdija or Wiseman

DPG21920
04-13-2020, 07:56 PM
Seen some mocks with Jaden McDaniels to SA

playblair
04-13-2020, 09:30 PM
perfect fooking choice i will cry if this happens.........he is durant reincarnated

Sugus
04-13-2020, 09:32 PM
I don’t have a good read on him and its hard to go big man in drafts with how they are valued now, but depending on where the Spurs land maybe trading up for Wiseman?

SA doesn’t have any one glaring need over another (they need a lot) but I would say a young, mobile, long PF/C is on that list. The shelf is dry even though you can get plug and play C’s for pretty damn cheap.

If Wiseman projects to be a lot more than that though (so not just some no offense athletic shot blocker) then maybe it’s worth a gamble.

I'd really like Wiseman. He's not a bad shooter and is quick, athletic, and aggressive, which are things the Spurs are lacking in spades. Either him, or a solid SF. The thing is, Wiseman is protected to go at the top 3 in most mocks - what piece can the Spurs part with that would land them a pick in that range? I don't think White or DJ alone plus our pick is enough. I wouldn't want to trade Lonnie either, but everyone else is pretty expendable tbh...

Trueblood
04-13-2020, 09:37 PM

I could be behind this pick 100%

DPG21920
04-13-2020, 10:01 PM
I'd really like Wiseman. He's not a bad shooter and is quick, athletic, and aggressive, which are things the Spurs are lacking in spades. Either him, or a solid SF. The thing is, Wiseman is protected to go at the top 3 in most mocks - what piece can the Spurs part with that would land them a pick in that range? I don't think White or DJ alone plus our pick is enough. I wouldn't want to trade Lonnie either, but everyone else is pretty expendable tbh...

Too hard to tell at the moment. If SA gets pick 11 for example vs pick 5 then it changes the dynamics. We just dont know that that will look like yet.

But I will say, I would probably trade Lonnie, White or Murray if it meant getting someone in the top 5 (that SA obviously really likes). I would prefer not to and would rather use vets + pick to move up, but...

Degoat
04-13-2020, 11:10 PM
It will be interesting how teams comeback from this pandemic, like will teams be trying to save salary until things get back to normal again or will they try to make deals for players to get people back into the arenas whenever that is because if that’s the case a team like NY, Charlotte, Detroit could be really hurting for a star to bring fans back

Trueblood
04-14-2020, 12:01 AM
It will be interesting how teams comeback from this pandemic, like will teams be trying to save salary until things get back to normal again or will they try to make deals for players to get people back into the arenas whenever that is because if that’s the case a team like NY, Charlotte, Detroit could be really hurting for a star to bring fans back

Teams are losing quite a bit of money. They are required to pay players as long as the season is suspended, but the checks cancel when the season cancelled. The union and owners are at an impass right now because they can't agree on a percentage settlement for the rest of the season. As of now players are scheduled to get full paychecks in April.

A lot of words to say that owners and teams are NOT going to be willing to pass out extra money this off-season after all they've already lost. Everything I've read points to players opting into contracts to weather the storm and then going after more money in the next off-season.

This could be beneficial to the Spurs in two ways:

DDR will probably opt in and it will give the Spurs another chance to trade him. Ideally on draft day to either pick up a late first rounder or move up for a guy we like. But at the very least it gives us one more trade deadline to find a deal because it's clear he isn't in our long term plans;

It also means some UFAs may be bargains if the team is willing to pay them. It would hurt their financials in the short term but long term we could get a good player on the cheap if other teams are holding back funds.

look_at_g_shred
04-14-2020, 08:11 AM
I wouldn't mind Precious either. He's in our range.

B1gduff
04-14-2020, 11:26 AM
out of everyone in this draft. Precious in one of the guys i'm on the edge about. I really want him, but on the otherside, can he have enough offensive upside.. Dude might me the steal of the draft.

He's has some good upside on the defensive end, probably will be 4, that can guard, 2-5 in the league.

here's a video of what he can do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_FlclVGxpg&feature=youtu.be

exstatic
04-14-2020, 01:19 PM
out of everyone in this draft. Precious in one of the guys i'm on the edge about. I really want him, but on the otherside, can he have enough offensive upside.. Dude might me the steal of the draft.

He's has some good upside on the defensive end, probably will be 4, that can guard, 2-5 in the league.

here's a video of what he can do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_FlclVGxpg&feature=youtu.be

I've seen him projected in the late 20s. I'd hate him at 11.

BackHome
04-14-2020, 04:17 PM
Yeah I am hoping we move up in the lottery to say 5 that will still give us access to some pretty good PF/C in the second round.

bluebellmaniac
04-14-2020, 05:42 PM
Yeah I am hoping we move up in the lottery to say 5 that will still give us access to some pretty good PF/C in the second round.

Don't they only draw.for the top 4? So we are either in the top 4, or 11, 12, or 13th, depending on if those behind us get drawn.

BackHome
04-14-2020, 06:01 PM
Spurs have an average of about 2% of getting pick 1 - 4, and 77% for 11th and 12% for pick 12. The Pelicans had a 6% chance when they landed first pick and got Zion Williams.

bluebellmaniac
04-14-2020, 06:34 PM
Spurs have an average of about 2% of getting pick 1 - 4, and 77% for 11th and 12% for pick 12. The Pelicans had a 6% chance when they landed first pick and got Zion Williams.

My point is moving to the 5th pick via lottery is not an option.

slick'81
04-14-2020, 06:36 PM
My point is moving to the 5th pick via lottery is not an option.

Correct

ZeusWillJudge
04-14-2020, 07:38 PM
Don't they only draw.for the top 4? So we are either in the top 4, or 11, 12, or 13th, depending on if those behind us get drawn.

No. The Spurs have a 2%-2.8% chance each of getting one of the Top 4 picks. If they don't get one of those long shots, they're going to get 11-14 (with a tiny sliver of a chance of getting 15).

Chinook
04-14-2020, 11:44 PM
No. The Spurs have a 2%-2.8% chance each of getting one of the Top 4 picks. If they don't get one of those long shots, they're going to get 11-14 (with a tiny sliver of a chance of getting 15).

There's no chance of getting 15, because there are only 14 teams in the lottery. I think you're thinking that four teams could jump the Spurs, but there are only three behind SA (right now, SAC, NOP and PDX). Worst case is that all three of those teams get top-four picks and drive SA down to 14.

The overwhelming likelihood here is that the Spurs draft at 11, with a small chance of 12. To put it into perspective, the Spurs are twice more likely to draft first-overall than they are to draft 13th. There's an 86-percent chance that no one from 12-14 moves up and a 78-percent chance that no one from the bottom four does. (That math assumes the spots are IID variables -- which they're not, but they shouldn't be too different and are probably more generous.)

MaNu4Tres
04-15-2020, 09:35 AM
Spurs have a 9.4% chance at a top 4 pick, not 2.8% like some have stated previously..

They have a 2% chance at getting the 1st pick.

Prime BEEF
04-15-2020, 09:59 AM
Spurs have a 9.4% chance at a top 4 pick, not 2.8% like some have stated previously..

Assuming we don’t get the 1st or 2nd pick, would love to get the 3rd or 4th pick and get Toppin.

Ignazzz
04-15-2020, 10:05 AM
Forbes snt for SF and 2nd rd high pick makes me a day

Ignazzz
04-15-2020, 10:16 AM
When has an Argentinian SG ever worked out as a late draft pick? Pass.

last 20 years ? No one... so agree. Waste of time ��

Prime BEEF
04-15-2020, 10:34 AM
last 20 years ? No one... so agree. Waste of time ��
I would expand that to all international players

parker (2001), Barbosa (2003), splitter (2007) are the only international 1st rd picks for the spurs that have worked out in the last 20yrs. Obviously Barbosa didn’t play for us.

2nd rd international picks that worked out were Scola (2002), Dragic (2008), and De Colo (2009). with Dragic never playing for us.

BackHome
04-15-2020, 10:43 AM
Assuming we don’t get the 1st or 2nd pick, would love to get the 3rd or 4th pick and get Toppin.

Yeah I would love to get Obi but Onyeka is another PF I would not mind them picking up.

ace3g
04-15-2020, 10:51 AM
https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1250418512981643264

B1gduff
04-15-2020, 11:09 AM
I've seen him projected in the late 20s. I'd hate him at 11.
I've seen him mocked in from 9 to any where between the top 20s.

B1gduff
04-15-2020, 11:29 AM
the two guys that i'm most interested in the top 5 are, Okongwu and Avdija.

at the 11th pick, there are variety of SG, that i'd like to go after, but we load at sg, so cross SG off (unless one from the top7 falls). I think we need to look at sf/pf at this spot.

i like us to go after Achiuwa, i know there's work needed on the offensive side especially the shooting end. But he brings so much potential to the defensive end. Plus he's only 20. has room to prove.

On the main roster, we're missing the type of player Achiuwa is. he's a long athletic, and a high motor sf/pf, that can make a impact on the defensive end for us. He'll be able to defend 3/4s, so we wouldn't be needing our guards to go out and defend guys like PG, Kawhi, Lebron. Achiuwa his also long enough to guard pf, like Davis etc..

for the 2nd round pick. i have 2 guys;

Jordan Nwora, think or a bigger Forbes/white. He's got smooth release on 3, and deep range. Can attack and use the middle range game. He's also a 6'7/6'8 sf.

the other guys is Bolmaro.

Prime BEEF
04-15-2020, 02:01 PM
the two guys that i'm most interested in the top 5 are, Okongwu and Avdija.

at the 11th pick, there are variety of SG, that i'd like to go after, but we load at sg, so cross SG off (unless one from the top7 falls). I think we need to look at sf/pf at this spot.

i like us to go after Achiuwa, i know there's work needed on the offensive side especially the shooting end. But he brings so much potential to the defensive end. Plus he's only 20. has room to prove.

On the main roster, we're missing the type of player Achiuwa is. he's a long athletic, and a high motor sf/pf, that can make a impact on the defensive end for us. He'll be able to defend 3/4s, so we wouldn't be needing our guards to go out and defend guys like PG, Kawhi, Lebron. Achiuwa his also long enough to guard pf, like Davis etc..

for the 2nd round pick. i have 2 guys;

Jordan Nwora, think or a bigger Forbes/white. He's got smooth release on 3, and deep range. Can attack and use the middle range game. He's also a 6'7/6'8 sf.

the other guys is Bolmaro.
Nwora plays defense and gets rebounds. Nothing like Forbes. A 6’8” white with a better 3pt shot and a little worse handled is a good comparison

pad300
04-15-2020, 03:39 PM
Nwora plays defense and gets rebounds. Nothing like Forbes. A 6’8” white with a better 3pt shot and a little worse handled is a good comparison

That would go top 5 you know... Seriously, Nwora is nowhere close to being a PG.

Chinook
04-15-2020, 05:15 PM

If you're talking about Zeus, he's saying a 2-2.8 percent chance of getting EACH of the picks individually, not ANY of them. Like if you combine the chance of getting each of them, then you get 9.4, but each of the four slots range from 2.8 percent to 2 percent and average 2.35 percent. It just comes down to SA having a huge chance of getting the 11th pick, a small-but-real chance of getting the 12th pick, very-small chances of getting the first, second, third, fourth or 13th picks, almost no chance in hell of getting the 14th pick and literally no chance of getting the fifth through tenth picks.

BackHome
04-15-2020, 06:28 PM
Yep, very good explanation Chinook. Man I know will probably get the 11th which still has some pretty good players available but man oh man if that ping pong ball could give us one of those top picks that would sure make all our lives very happy for a few days.

Prime BEEF
04-15-2020, 09:04 PM
That would go top 5 you know... Seriously, Nwora is nowhere close to being a PG.
Didn’t say he was a PG. he’s a true SF. Was replying to the other guys post that said he was a taller Forbes/white

TDMVPDPOY
04-15-2020, 11:04 PM
does the spurs really need to waste another draft pick on a long sf?

how many wing players the spurs already have? why not go after a pg/sg to replace the wanker forbes/mills

heck even a pf/c would be nice

tim_duncan_fan
04-16-2020, 12:44 AM

how many wing players the spurs already have? why not go after a pg/sg to replace the wanker forbes/mills

None of our players are long for their positions.

bluebellmaniac
04-16-2020, 05:59 AM
None of our players are long for their positions.

Samanic says hi.

B1gduff
04-16-2020, 11:00 AM
we don't have true sf, Samanic is pf, idk if you've been following him, but he's been disastrous on defense...there time's to improve, but we need defense.

Prime BEEF
04-16-2020, 11:17 AM

The only perimeter defenders on the roster are White, Murray and KJ. 6’4”, 6’5”, and 6’5”. Yes this team needs long athletic defenders that can guard players on the perimeter. Need some guys that can do that and are 6’7” to 6’10”

ace3g
04-16-2020, 11:23 AM
https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/1250778874113220609

JuneJive
04-16-2020, 12:20 PM
https://nbadraft.theringer.com/?_ga=2.108801474.1307114394.1587056289-109984246.1587056289

Ringer's Board.

Some out of the box projections there.
Spurs should get their hands on a very good prospect with all the uncertainty and lack of info.

BWS-1994
04-16-2020, 02:55 PM
https://nbadraft.theringer.com/?_ga=2.108801474.1307114394.1587056289-109984246.1587056289

Ringer's Board.

Some out of the box projections there.
Spurs should get their hands on a very good prospect with all the uncertainty and lack of info.

Surprised that they have a guard heavy projection at the top.

But Avdija, Bey and Mcdaniels all within Spurs reach here.

Degoat
04-16-2020, 03:29 PM
I like the ringers content but there ranks are always wacky

JuneJive
04-16-2020, 04:27 PM
Vassell looks like an exciting prospect.

A good balance between offense and defense.

Okoro's shooting is worrisome, Avdija's even more so.

Prime BEEF
04-16-2020, 05:08 PM

Agreed. And even though Okoro’s body looks ready to play NBA defense, his defensive rating and defensive win shares in college are not good at all.

BackHome
04-16-2020, 07:02 PM
If the guy can’t shoot he better be one of the best rebounder and shot blocker in this draft for our first pick. I am OK with aiming for the fences on our second pick.

duncan2150
04-16-2020, 07:30 PM
If the guy can’t shoot he better be one of the best rebounder and shot blocker in this draft for our first pick. I am OK with aiming for the fences on our second pick.

Agreed, after okongwu, Isaiah Stewart and Vernon Carey look like the best bigs un this draft imo, would you Take one of them with the 11th pick ?

duncan2150
04-16-2020, 07:32 PM

Josh green looks good also

At the wing i have vassell, okoro and green as the best choices in our range.

DPG21920
04-16-2020, 07:54 PM
Yep, very good explanation Chinook. Man I know will probably get the 11th which still has some pretty good players available but man oh man if that ping pong ball could give us one of those top picks that would sure make all our lives very happy for a few days.

Good news is we will know early when those are announced. If SA isn’t called on the 14th, 13th, 12th or 11th then we know they are in the top 4

bluebellmaniac
04-16-2020, 08:48 PM
33 days until we know where we pick...

look_at_g_shred
04-16-2020, 09:39 PM
33 days until we know where we pick...
The lottery is in 33 days?

bluebellmaniac
04-16-2020, 10:07 PM
The lottery is in 33 days?

May 19th is when it is scheduled.

spurs50_
04-17-2020, 06:42 AM
I hope that date doesn't change...

buttsR4rebounding
04-17-2020, 08:49 AM
We should know in 2 weeks.

BackHome
04-17-2020, 12:10 PM
New mock draft came out interesting a lot of drafts have us talking RJ Hampton PG/SG have not seen him play interested in hearing from someone that follows him. Also Precious moved to 12th pick and the Serbian Center to 13th pick.

DesignatedT
04-17-2020, 12:18 PM
I like Hampton but I don't think it makes much sense unless were unloading one of Murray/White.

exstatic
04-17-2020, 02:07 PM
I like Hampton but I don't think it makes much sense unless were unloading one of Murray/White.

Draft Hampton. Dump Forbes. Keep White, Walker, DJ.

Gibbz
04-17-2020, 02:24 PM
Spurs shouldn't draft based on need. None of the young guys have shown enough to be proven long-term pieces. Best available, please.

BackHome
04-17-2020, 03:14 PM
Yeah but that is the question who do you think will be the best available at 11?

bluebellmaniac
04-17-2020, 03:34 PM
Perhaps what is needed is for people to list their top 11 players in this draft, in terms of the top 11 that would be Spur material. Let's face it, some top talent isn't for this culture. So who do you think are the top 11 players the Spurs should target? In order. That's a tougher question and forces each answer to lay there for hindsight criticism.

look_at_g_shred
04-17-2020, 07:07 PM
Perhaps what is needed is for people to list their top 11 players in this draft, in terms of the top 11 that would be Spur material. Let's face it, some top talent isn't for this culture. So who do you think are the top 11 players the Spurs should target? In order. That's a tougher question and forces each answer to lay there for hindsight criticism.
Killian Hayes
Vassell
Nesmith
Sadiq Bey
Patrick Williams

bluebellmaniac
04-17-2020, 07:20 PM
Killian Hayes
Vassell
Nesmith
Sadiq Bey
Patrick Williams

That list takes balls. Thanks for manning up!

FutureMan
04-17-2020, 08:00 PM
These are my top 9 choices for the Spurs (anything above the dashes is a win or the Spurs trading up)

Wiseman
Avdija
Toppin
Hayes
Okongwu
Halliburton
—————————-
Bey
McDaniels
Vassell

Prime BEEF
04-18-2020, 08:46 PM
Wiseman
Toppin
Haliburton
Okongwu
Vassell
———
Reed
T. Bey
Carey Jr
J. Smith
Nwora
Azubuike
Achiuwa
Bane

keithington1
04-18-2020, 09:08 PM
Murray Walker McDaniels Samanic Aldridge, Mills White, Johnson Poeltl, 3 and D player sounds like a good squad

RVSTX
04-18-2020, 09:41 PM
1. DENI AVDIJA
2. ISAAC OKORO
3. KILLIAN HAYES
4. OBI TOPPIN
5. ONYECA OKONGWU
6. DEVVIN VASSELL
7. PATRICK WILLIAMS
8. SADDIQ BEY
9. JADEN MCDANIELS
10. AARON NESMITH
11. LEANDRO BOLMARO

tim_duncan_fan
04-18-2020, 11:54 PM
I'm kinda liking Isaiah Stewart, tbh.

B1gduff
04-19-2020, 11:05 AM
Am i the only one that does not see munch of drop off, talent wise, from the 5-20th picks?
Like Obi Toppkin, seems to be the guy that everyone wants to get in this draft. I know he's has elite potential on the offensives side, but the opposite on the defensive end. Basically i see his upside as a Enes Kantar.

bluebellmaniac
04-19-2020, 11:44 AM
30 days until the lottery... Unless it's not.

Prime BEEF
04-19-2020, 11:54 AM
Am i the only one that does not see munch of drop off, talent wise, from the 5-20th picks?
Like Obi Toppkin, seems to be the guy that everyone wants to get in this draft. I know he's has elite potential on the offensives side, but the opposite on the defensive end. Basically i see his upside as a Enes Kantar.
I would expand that to 5-25. Some good talent in there. I’d trade a top 5 pick for a couple of mid tier picks this year. Unless you got wiseman of course. This draft isn’t great when you look at the top 5 prospects but when you look at the rest of the 1st round it is above average IMO.

BackHome
04-19-2020, 12:32 PM
Yeah if we draft a PG with our first pick the Spurs had better all ready have a trade for White or Murray to get back in the draft to get a SF/PPF

ace3g
04-19-2020, 01:25 PM
https://twitter.com/NicolaLupo99/status/1251798984101855233

Degoat
04-19-2020, 02:15 PM
Probably out of are range but I would love if we could get Deni Avdija, James Wiseman, or Obi Toppin but more realistic options in my mind are Aaron NeSmith, Jaden McDaniels, maybe Devin Vassel but I think he’ll go early too

keithington1
04-19-2020, 05:03 PM
Spurs need Bertans back

buttsR4rebounding
04-19-2020, 06:48 PM
The more I watch Pokusevski the more I like him. Really smooth for a 7 footer. Nice stroke from 3. Would be a nice replacement for Aldridge. The Spurs were playing Luka as a 3 in Austin. I think the 4 is where they are looking.

Russ
04-19-2020, 07:55 PM
The more I watch Pokusevski the more I like him. Really smooth for a 7 footer. Nice stroke from 3. Would be a nice replacement for Aldridge. The Spurs were playing Luka as a 3 in Austin. I think the 4 is where they are looking.

He's definitely Bertans++. (Using 11 on him might be a bit high, though.)

Thomas82
04-19-2020, 10:33 PM

This is who I want us to get.

exstatic
04-19-2020, 10:45 PM
This is who I want us to get.
We’d have to get a top 4 pick to get Wiseman. He won’t fall to 11, and we can’t draw a pick pick anywhere between 5 and 10. Just the way the lottery works.

Degoat
04-19-2020, 11:37 PM
It’s hard to gage where guys are gonna be drafted this year since there’s no workouts or tournament to see how their draft stock might rise or fall but yeah I can’t see James wiseman or Deni Avdija falling past 5 or 6

ace3g
04-20-2020, 10:58 AM
https://twitter.com/KABBFOX29/status/1252248715617882114

SpurSpike
04-20-2020, 11:02 AM
Air Alamo has a mock draft that has us taking Devin Vassell at the 8th spot. Dunno why we are the 8th spot in that draft, but ok...

They seem to be sold on the guy and have a whole separate article as to why San Antonio should draft him. Seems a good fit, a 6'7" defensive wing that can shoot lights out. Also has decent handles and can take it to the basket if needed. Just imagine a player like that taking Forbes spot...

Dex
04-20-2020, 11:19 AM
All I know is if we draft another fucking undersized guard, I am going to lose it.

spurs50_
04-20-2020, 11:45 AM
How short is this queen guy?

Degoat
04-20-2020, 12:12 PM
How short is this queen guy?

5ft 10...... lol jk I think it said he’s 6ft 6in

exstatic
04-20-2020, 12:28 PM
Air Alamo has a mock draft that has us taking Devin Vassell at the 8th spot. Dunno why we are the 8th spot in that draft, but ok...

They seem to be sold on the guy and have a whole separate article as to why San Antonio should draft him. Seems a good fit, a 6'7" defensive wing that can shoot lights out. Also has decent handles and can take it to the basket if needed. Just imagine a player like that taking Forbes spot...

It's actually impossible for the Spurs to draft #8, unless they get a top 4 pick and trade down, in which case I will hunt down and neuter RC.

exstatic
04-20-2020, 12:31 PM
All I know is if we draft another fucking undersized guard, I am going to lose it.

When was the last time we drafted an under sized guard? We didn't draft Patty, and Bryn was a FA. Everyone else (DJ, White, Walker) ranges in the 6'4"-6'6" area, not undersized.

Dex
04-20-2020, 12:43 PM
When was the last time we drafted an under sized guard? We didn't draft Patty, and Bryn was a FA. Everyone else (DJ, White, Walker) ranges in the 6'4"-6'6" area, not undersized.

Undersized may be a stretch if we are talking the draft, but last year we took Luka (a skinny SF), Johnson (a gaurd), and Weatherspoon (a smaller guard)....even though we already had Murray, White, DeMar, Walker, Mills, and Forbes on the books.

We DON'T need anymore freaking guards. How about we focus on some size and length for once?

Dex
04-20-2020, 12:49 PM

Case in point...not undersized for a guard...but still a guard.

bluebellmaniac
04-20-2020, 12:53 PM
Undersized may be a stretch if we are talking the draft, but last year we took Luka (a skinny SF), Johnson (a gaurd), and Weatherspoon (a smaller guard)....even though we already had Murray, White, DeMar, Walker, Mills, and Forbes on the books.

We DON'T need anymore freaking guards. How about we focus on some size and length for once?

So if they have a shot at Anthony Edwards... Pass?!?!

Dex
04-20-2020, 01:08 PM
So if they have a shot at Anthony Edwards... Pass?!?!

I'm always a proponent of taking the best talent that is on the board, but...

Anthony Edwards ain't gonna be there at 11 (if that is where the Spurs end up).

Also, if they draft another guard, what happens to White, Murray, KJ, etc.?

Russ
04-20-2020, 02:58 PM
NBADraft.net just updated and has the Spurs taking 6'5" SG Tyrese Haliburton at 11.

He would fit in with (if not be duplicative) of many of the Spurs guards (although he is a better shooter).

His floor is high but his ceiling would seem to be on the low side. I think the Spurs could probably do better at 11.

On the other hand, that mock has a lot of the guys I like going before 11 -- Wiseman, Avdija, Hayes, Okongwu, Toppin. Those guys will probably be long gone.

Prime BEEF
04-20-2020, 03:07 PM
NBADraft.net just updated and has the Spurs taking 6'5" SG Tyrese Haliburton at 11.

He would fit in with (if not be duplicative) of many of the Spurs guards (although he is a better shooter).

His floor is high but his ceiling would seem to be on the low side. I think the Spurs could probably do better at 11.

On the other hand, that mock has a lot of the guys I like going before 11 -- Wiseman, Avdija, Hayes, Okongwu, Toppin. Those guys will probably be long gone.
lol. Haliburton is a PG not a SG. He is the best PG in the draft IMO and there’s no way in hell he’s available at 11.

bluebellmaniac
04-20-2020, 03:18 PM
I'm always a proponent of taking the best talent that is on the board, but...

Anthony Edwards ain't gonna be there at 11 (if that is where the Spurs end up).

Also, if they draft another guard, what happens to White, Murray, KJ, etc.?

What you said was that even if we get a #1-4 pick, you'd pass. So it's not true. You would draft another guard. It just depends on who is the best player available at the time.

spurs50_
04-20-2020, 03:25 PM
Early mock drafts had Bey going before Vassell, now it's the other way around.....Vassell it is.....

exstatic
04-20-2020, 03:28 PM
lol. Haliburton is a PG not a SG. He is the best PG in the draft IMO and there’s no way in hell he’s available at 11.

If he is, you take him. Think of him as a slightly bigger JKidd who already has a 3 point shot. It's ugly and slow, but he has Curry range. Saw him regularly dial in from 25-30 feet.

Prime BEEF
04-20-2020, 03:53 PM
If he is, you take him. Think of him as a slightly bigger JKidd who already has a 3 point shot. It's ugly and slow, but he has Curry range. Saw him regularly dial in from 25-30 feet.
No doubt. Definitely take him if he drops in the draft. He has the speed, length, size, defense and rebounding of Murray. But he is a great passer and can actually shoot. I would be ecstatic if we were to get him. He’s a player you can build around and makes others better. If we were to trade DDR to Orlando for Gordon, haliburton and Gordon would be an entertaining combo.

TD 21
04-20-2020, 04:50 PM

Your positional designations are archaic. Samanic is a "PF", Johnson is a wing, Weatherspoon is short (6'3''), but is long (6'9'') and strong (207) enough to avoid being labeled a small guard.

Equating quantity to quality is foolish. Sure, the biggest positional need is big wings, but the biggest overall need is elite talent.

I doubt Haliburton is available at 11, but if he is, they're not in position to pass on the basis of having Murray and White. He's significantly younger and a significantly better play maker than either. Select him and offer either of them for 15 to select Vassell or Bey.

J_Paco
04-20-2020, 05:27 PM

I thought Luka was projected as a stretch 4, essentially replacing Bertans long-term, and Johnson is an undersized SF (ala Justise Winslow or pre - Houston PJ Tucker)?

I'm hopeful that both become versatile enough to play up or down a spot in the line up. Could just be wishful thinking, though.

Unfortunately, this draft class is poor and heavy on guard prospects. I could easily see the team trading down or even out of the first round if they are unable to find a quality 3 or 4 prospect. Someone that can replace Lyles, (least likely talent wise) DeRozan in the starting lineup or Gay in the rotation.