PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL KAWHI RELATED NEWS Thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

exstatic
05-09-2019, 06:39 AM
I was thinking Westbrook, forgot about Reggie- Although I think RW is somewhat of a nique player and actually may not be a player that has as much FA value as one might think.
The Big O played in relatively small markets- but that was far form the modern age.

Definitely DROB.
However, these are the few exceptions

I still think of this trade
June 16, 1975: Traded by the Milwaukee Bucks with Walt Wesley to the Los Angeles Lakers for Junior Bridgeman, Dave Meyers, Elmore Smith and Brian Winters.

Or KD, Shaq leaving for nothing.

The trio from Boston were trying to recruit Reggie as he was walking out the door into retirement. There was a demand.

BillMc
05-09-2019, 06:41 AM
Jack is nothing more than a bitter little bitch, with an overinflated sense of his basketball ability. He was a complete cancer his second tour here, and being cut by PATFO right before the playoffs was the kiss of death to his career.

This. Everything he's said since then matches his bitter agenda.

azarel
05-09-2019, 06:59 AM
Him being a super introvert may have been a good reason to keep the people he was able to get close to around. Maybe not all of them but one or 2 guys wouldn't hurt. I get its a business but imagine seeing 2 of your closest teammates leave only to see Patty and Pau vastly overpaid. With the Raptors he's 100% close to Norm (both from socal and their moms are friends), and seemingly Ibaka and Lowry. If the Raptors were smart they would look into bringing CoJo back as well.

It doesn't justify how last season played out but maybe it would have been different if he felt like he was letting down friends he was close with instead of people who were just teammates.

lol what? he sounds like high maintenance bitch. What a weak mental bitch. I still don't get why ppl will make excuses for nephew for that scam he ran on the Spurs. unbelievable..

Amuseddaysleeper
05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
When Kawhi walks to the Clippers, like has been the plan a year before the “sit out”, even though TOR is an ECF team that catered to him and can pay him more money, they will see this had nothing to do with Pop.

You might be able to lay some blame on SA, but any rational person without an agenda would have gotten past the Spurs “sins” especially with all the equity SA has built with Kawhi and every other player.

And if Kawhi stays in Toronto?

DPG21920
05-09-2019, 08:08 AM
And if Kawhi stays in Toronto?

Then we can have a conversation and you can call me and others out. But when, not IF, he leaves TOR, I expect some apologies on here from Spurs fans to PATFO.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-09-2019, 08:12 AM
Then we can have a conversation and you can call me and others out. But when, not IF, he leaves TOR, I expect some apologies on here from Spurs fans to PATFO.

Oh I’m not looking to call you out.

But I’d be lying if I wouldn’t be relieved if he left for LA as that would definitely soften the blow.

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2019, 08:14 AM

if u dont blame patfo, then who do u blame if kawhi really leaves raptors to clippers?

hence wasnt there a trade offer from clippers, 2 first round picks 14 + 15 and harris? why didnt the spurs make the deal? its not like they were making a deal with the lakers...

DPG21920
05-09-2019, 08:16 AM
Oh I’m not looking to call you out.

But I’d be lying if I wouldn’t be relieved if he left for LA as that would definitely soften the blow.

I think TOR fans will be ok with it, but I think many will realize the truth. You are right, he gave them a weird but exciting season, but him going to LAC will show them it was nothing TOR did but a plan that Kawhi was trying to execute for years.

I do think a lot of TOR fans that were on the Spurs messed up train will eat some crow however.

K...
05-09-2019, 08:35 AM
I do wonder, if you bend on kawhi, get him to stay, keep Simmons, etc, would the Spurs have to jettison their draft skills and culture in favor if Uncle too?.... Basically one possible future if kawhi stays is that both the vets and loyalty contacts disappear, but so does the player development and culture. No more Sean Elliot, sjax is your color man. Would you accept that if it meant better short term achievement at the expense of the Spurs way?

Amuseddaysleeper
05-09-2019, 08:38 AM
if u dont blame patfo, then who do u blame if kawhi really leaves raptors to clippers?

hence wasnt there a trade offer from clippers, 2 first round picks 14 + 15 and harris? why didnt the spurs make the deal? its not like they were making a deal with the lakers...

I think for Pop’s last remaining years they wanted to be playoff bound and felt they’d have a better chance with DeRozan. I hated the trade but Pop didn’t want to spend his last years coaching a lottery team.

I definitely would’ve preferred the clippers trade.

rasuo214
05-09-2019, 09:38 AM
lol what? he sounds like high maintenance bitch. What a weak mental bitch. I still don't get why ppl will make excuses for nephew for that scam he ran on the Spurs. unbelievable..

It isn't an excuse to question whether things would or wouldn't have played out differently if the situation was different. Such as Kawhi having more of a personal attachment to his teammates.

You act like it's an absurd notion for teams to cater to their star players. If Doc allowed family on team flights Timmy might have left the Spurs. Does that make Timmy a high maintenance bitch? Star players get star treatment. Shit even non-stars get special treatment, just look at the Spurs.

I guess we'll see if he stays with the Raptors, then maybe things could have played out differently. If he goes to LA then he was bound for LA regardless.

MoSpur02
05-09-2019, 10:56 AM

It's simple. You don't trade him within the conference because you don't want to face him 4 times in the season and possibly again in the playoffs. If you can, which was an option, you trade him to the Eastern Conference so that you don't have to face Kawhi four times in the season. I preferred the Clippers offer too because I felt/feel Harris is a better fit with the Spurs.

The Spurs were put in a bad spot because Kawhi Leonard wanted out of San Antonio. He also told the Spurs he wanted to go to LA. He (thru leaks) said he wouldn't sign an extension with any other team except LA so that made trading him difficult. The Clippers were the Spurs backup. They liked their offer, but wanted him to go East and felt Derozan was an All Star caliber player so they gave Toronto first dibs I guess you can say. Toronto wanted him bad, but were reluctant because of fear of losing this Summer so they backed off. The Spurs gave the Raptors time to think before saying yes to the Clippers. The trade talks with Toronto opened up again and the Spurs were like if the Toronto Raptors back off again we're taking the Clippers offer. We all know what happened the. The Spurs and Raptors agreed and that was that.

The trade I wanted was the one to Boston, which was close to happening before the 2018 trade deadline. The Spurs knew back then that Kawhi wanted out and the Celtics had a good offer for Kawhi, but the Spurs didn't agree to it because they wanted to make things work with Kawhi. I reported that trade before the trade deadline prematurely and the thread was removed and rightfully so because the trade fell through, but it was close to happening. So close that Woj confirmed it way after I shared that here.

Let's get one thing straight though. Kawhi wanted out. That injury was an excuse. He was cleared to play, but chose not to. He was ready to go in 2018, but didn't want to play. He had checked out. The Spurs wanted to make it work with Kawhi. I shared that the Spurs had a dinner with Kawhi and Murray before the deadline in 2018 and Kawhi barely spoke. He didn't want to play with the Spurs. He didn't even "rehab" here. He chose to go to NY. Throughout that whole season Kawhi had little contact with the Spurs. The players and coaches had no idea what was going on with Kawhi. He shut everyone out pretty much. Even then the Spurs still wanted Kawhi Leonard to be a part of the organization. The Spurs tried hard to talk with him last summer, but Kawhi never really engaged in talks. He used the injury as an excuse. He simply didn't want to be here in San Antonio anymore.

exstatic
05-09-2019, 11:05 AM

I had heard that it was NOT both picks, and another question you need to ask is: Why does Tobias Harris keep getting traded, ALWAYS in the middle of the season, if he's all that and a bag of chips? He's a 15 point career scorer that will want a MAX contract this summer, but he's really just a nice #3 or #4 guy. He's also on his 5th NBA team.

K...
05-09-2019, 11:22 AM
One thing that really sucks, is that if the Spurs really were going to bend over for kawhi, does kawhi know how to tell people what he wants? I mean did he say " fuck off with vets " or was it more like " we're gonna resign Patty". "cool"

RC_Drunkford
05-09-2019, 11:39 AM
According to ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, appearing on ESPN Radio L.A. with Jorge Sedano, LeBron was in Philadelphia to meet with Toronto’s Kawhi Leonard during the their series against the 76ers (https://lebronwire.usatoday.com/2019/05/09/rumor-lebron-made-a-visit-to-kawhi-leonard-during-raptors-sixers-series/).

exstatic
05-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Yeah, that's not going to happen. Players have realized that playing with LeBron these days, you're lifting HIM up. He couldn't even take a team on his back to the #8 seed. Kawhi also wants Impact to be what Klutch is, and that can't happen when LeBron will sucking all of the air out of the room.

TDomination
05-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Yeah, that's not going to happen. Players have realized that playing with LeBron these days, you're lifting HIM up. He couldn't even take a team on his back to the #8 seed. Kawhi also wants Impact to be what Klutch is, and that can't happen when LeBron will sucking all of the air out of the room.
Pretty much.

I can almost guarantee Kawhi and Lebron will never play together. Which pretty much makes it guaranteed that Kawhi will not go to the Lakers as long as Lebron is there.

Heres the question though, if your the Lakers, which one would you prefer? Kawhi or Lebron? Would you move Lebron to lure Kawhi?

HWoodNixon
05-09-2019, 12:38 PM
It's simple. You don't trade him within the conference because you don't want to face him 4 times in the season and possibly again in the playoffs. If you can, which was an option, you trade him to the Eastern Conference so that you don't have to face Kawhi four times in the season. I preferred the Clippers offer too because I felt/feel Harris is a better fit with the Spurs.

The Spurs were put in a bad spot because Kawhi Leonard wanted out of San Antonio. He also told the Spurs he wanted to go to LA. He (thru leaks) said he wouldn't sign an extension with any other team except LA so that made trading him difficult. The Clippers were the Spurs backup. They liked their offer, but wanted him to go East and felt Derozan was an All Star caliber player so they gave Toronto first dibs I guess you can say. Toronto wanted him bad, but were reluctant because of fear of losing this Summer so they backed off. The Spurs gave the Raptors time to think before saying yes to the Clippers. The trade talks with Toronto opened up again and the Spurs were like if the Toronto Raptors back off again we're taking the Clippers offer. We all know what happened the. The Spurs and Raptors agreed and that was that.

The trade I wanted was the one to Boston, which was close to happening before the 2018 trade deadline. The Spurs knew back then that Kawhi wanted out and the Celtics had a good offer for Kawhi, but the Spurs didn't agree to it because they wanted to make things work with Kawhi. I reported that trade before the trade deadline prematurely and the thread was removed and rightfully so because the trade fell through, but it was close to happening. So close that Woj confirmed it way after I shared that here.

Let's get one thing straight though. Kawhi wanted out. That injury was an excuse. He was cleared to play, but chose not to. He was ready to go in 2018, but didn't want to play. He had checked out. The Spurs wanted to make it work with Kawhi. I shared that the Spurs had a dinner with Kawhi and Murray before the deadline in 2018 and Kawhi barely spoke. He didn't want to play with the Spurs. He didn't even "rehab" here. He chose to go to NY. Throughout that whole season Kawhi had little contact with the Spurs. The players and coaches had no idea what was going on with Kawhi. He shut everyone out pretty much. Even then the Spurs still wanted Kawhi Leonard to be a part of the organization. The Spurs tried hard to talk with him last summer, but Kawhi never really engaged in talks. He used the injury as an excuse. He simply didn't want to be here in San Antonio anymore.

Even if that’s the case, you do NOT trade him. He would have been forced to play this year because if he sat out (again), his value as a free agent would have plummeted no matter where he ended up. He had an incentive ($$$) to play his best basketball this year before leaving. Judging by how GSW is struggling this year, keeping Kawhi would have gotten us to the finals where he could have showcased his skills even more and get a huge offer from another team by the end of the season.

K...
05-09-2019, 01:28 PM
Even if that’s the case, you do NOT trade him. He would have been forced to play this year because if he sat out (again), his value as a free agent would have plummeted no matter where he ended up. He had an incentive ($$$) to play his best basketball this year before leaving. Judging by how GSW is struggling this year, keeping Kawhi would have gotten us to the finals where he could have showcased his skills even more and get a huge offer from another team by the end of the season.

So he suits up for 2 weeks in the regular season, then goes load management, he definitely isn't going to get injured in the playoffs this year if he didn't last year. Then imagine all the drama from last year doubled because he can now walk away for nothing.

MoSpur02
05-09-2019, 01:40 PM

:lmao. You can't be serious right?

RC_Drunkford
05-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Pretty much.

I can almost guarantee Kawhi and Lebron will never play together. Which pretty much makes it guaranteed that Kawhi will not go to the Lakers as long as Lebron is there.

Heres the question though, if your the Lakers, which one would you prefer? Kawhi or Lebron? Would you move Lebron to lure Kawhi?

Well if the Lakers want to trade LeBron, should the Spurs get in on this? Where else should LeBron go? I could see him being interested in Houston, but that's about it

GreekSpursfan
05-09-2019, 01:43 PM
Kawhi will go to the Clippers. There is no way an executive like Jerry West and the history behind him hasn't already agreed with uncle about everything tbh. All the other reports are smokescreen imo.

offset formation
05-09-2019, 02:00 PM
Spurs traded the second coming of Michael Jordan for a known choke artist and a Stephen Adams lite.

Pop knew Kawhi’s generational talent. He was too egotistical and dictatorial to be flexible and allow some of Kawhi’s group’s requests/conditions.

If Pop had retired with Timmy I’m sure the next coach would’ve catered to more of his needs/wants, thus increasing the likelihood of Kawhi still being here.

You sound like a battered wife saying he'd still love you if only you'd worn the black negligee more often.

Grow the fuck up. He fucked the organization, teammates, and fans 8 ways to Sunday and your begging for more. Have some gotdamn self-respect.

Pathetic up in this mug.

bdictjames
05-09-2019, 02:18 PM
If Kawhi wins a championship with Raptors, does that change everything? Asking for a friend lol.

HWoodNixon
05-09-2019, 02:22 PM
So he suits up for 2 weeks in the regular season, then goes load management, he definitely isn't going to get injured in the playoffs this year if he didn't last year. Then imagine all the drama from last year doubled because he can now walk away for nothing.

except Kawhi would walk away with nothing having mostly sat out two full years. He would have incentive to play.

HWoodNixon
05-09-2019, 02:23 PM
:lmao. You can't be serious right?

Dead serious. If Kawhi is such a bad dude, why is he balling and not sitting out for the Raptors? Sitting out two full years makes him look bad and damages his value as a player.

SpursforSix
05-09-2019, 02:25 PM
If Kawhi wins a championship with Raptors, does that change everything? Asking for a friend lol.

Ugh...it would sure set his reputation as someone who creates rings rather than chases them. Imagine if then went to the Clips and got another.

TDomination
05-09-2019, 02:26 PM
Ugh...it would sure set his reputation as someone who creates rings rather than chases them. Imagine if then went to the Clips and got another.
That would convince me even more that we definitely could've won it in 2017 if he never goes down.

exstatic
05-09-2019, 02:38 PM

Who give a flying fuck what kind of offer he gets? He didn't want to be here!!! He stole $19M from this franchise while PATFO attempted to "work things out" last season. Trust me, he was never going to bust his ass and show out for FA. He's getting MAX offers whether he plays or not. He would have been in and out of the lineup, stirring up all kinds of shit just like last season. Your scenario is some fantasy that could never happen.

SpursforSix
05-09-2019, 02:42 PM
That would convince me even more that we definitely could've won it in 2017 if he never goes down.

No doubt.

Twisted_Dawg
05-09-2019, 03:15 PM

Hey MoSpur02, can you give us a summary of that Boston trade that fell through? You've always seemed to be dialed in some way to things going down inside the organization.

slick'81
05-09-2019, 03:21 PM
I raptors win the ring kawhi aint going anywhere

Maddog
05-09-2019, 03:29 PM

Who give a flying fuck what kind of offer he gets? He didn't want to be here!!! He stole $19M from this franchise while PATFO attempted to "work things out" last season. Trust me, he was never going to bust his ass and show out for FA. He's getting MAX offers whether he plays or not. He would have been in and out of the lineup, stirring up all kinds of shit just like last season. Your scenario is some fantasy that could never happen.

It sure seems like you could pursue this in court of law...

Yeah, I know- it would screw any chance of ever getting a FA again among many other issues....

GusT15
05-09-2019, 03:35 PM
It sure seems like you could pursue this in court of law...

Yeah, I know- it would screw any chance of ever getting a FA again among many other issues....

You don't pursue this in a court of law...

You pursue protections against it in the next CBA.

You then let the media run with labelling it "The Kawhi rule" for future reference a dude tries to pull off something similar.

And you have fucked up his reputation forever.(Exactly what he tried to do to the Spurs)

MaNu4Tres
05-09-2019, 03:37 PM
Kawhi to LAC is a lock.

He's not staying in Toronto or going to the Lakers.

RC_Drunkford
05-09-2019, 03:57 PM
If you want to be mad at anything, be mad at PATFO not trading him earlier when the Celtics offered Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum at the 2018 deadline. He didn't want to be here and would've kept fucking up team chemistry if they didn't trade him. If you keep him for the last year he goes without Spurs getting anything in return.

MoSpur02
05-09-2019, 04:01 PM
Hey MoSpur02, can you give us a summary of that Boston trade that fell through? You've always seemed to be dialed in some way to things going down inside the organization.

The only thing I remember was being told was that Kawhi Leonard was going to be traded to Boston. The Spurs were very close to making it happen and I wished they would have, but the Spurs backed off and wanted to make things work with Kawhi and I honestly don't blame them. When healthy, which he was from what I was told, he's a top 5 player for sure. Maybe top 3. They kept trying to make it work throughout the season and things just went downhill. The Spurs didn't even know what was going on most of that season when it came to Kawhi's status. I mean Pop didn't even wanna answer questions about him anymore.

slick'81
05-09-2019, 04:04 PM
If you want to be mad at anything, be mad at PATFO not trading him earlier when the Celtics offered Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum at the 2018 deadline. He didn't want to be here and would've kept fucking up team chemistry if they didn't trade him. If you keep him for the last year he goes without Spurs getting anything in return.

Are we sure celts offered up that ? If so spurs look dmb af letting that one walk.Spurs really misread kawhi horribly

offset formation
05-09-2019, 04:08 PM
The only thing I remember was being told was that Kawhi Leonard was going to be traded to Boston. The Spurs were very close to making it happen and I wished they would have, but the Spurs backed off and wanted to make things work with Kawhi and I honestly don't blame them. When healthy, which he was from what I was told, he's a top 5 player for sure. Maybe top 3. They kept trying to make it work throughout the season and things just went downhill. The Spurs didn't even know what was going on most of that season when it came to Kawhi's status. I mean Pop didn't even wanna answer questions about him anymore.

Will we ever hear what created the rift or is it just as simple as SASmith reports that he was just bored here? Although that doesn't seem legit because he signed his second contract knowing what SA had to offer. He was winning and had just been given the reins for it to be his team. He's a relatively low key guy and his mom still lives here. Seems like something happened. He bitched out and stole $19M regardless if he could have played. That along with how Impact Sports dogged PATFO and the city will forever make him a degenerate in my view.

MoSpur02
05-09-2019, 04:28 PM
Will we ever hear what created the rift or is it just as simple as SASmith reports that he was just bored here? Although that doesn't seem legit because he signed his second contract knowing what SA had to offer. He was winning and had just been given the reins for it to be his team. He's a relatively low key guy and his mom still lives here. Seems like something happened. He bitched out and stole $19M regardless if he could have played. That along with how Impact Sports dogged PATFO and the city will forever make him a degenerate in my view.

I don't even know to be honest. Just knew that he pretty much cut off most communication with the team. I hope someone with more information than what I have comes thru and tells us what truly happen.

Twisted_Dawg
05-09-2019, 04:46 PM

Are we sure celts offered up that ? If so spurs look dmb af letting that one walk.Spurs really misread kawhi horribly

I seemed to recall Boston did make that offer just prior to the trade deadline in February. That was before the players only meeting, Parker running his mouth, the late season development of Brown and Tatum and PATFO et al still thinking Kawhi could be resigned.

gambit1990
05-09-2019, 05:08 PM
kawhi v giannis will be interesting...

RC_Drunkford
05-09-2019, 06:55 PM
kawhi v giannis will be interesting...

Giannis is the only player in the NBA who can lock Kawhi up

slick'81
05-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Giannis is the only player in the NBA who can lock Kawhi up

Of course hes bigger and longer.Will be fun to watch

RC_Drunkford
05-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Of course hes bigger and longer.Will be fun to watch

plenty of players are, but Giannis is the only one who's mobile enough and a good enough shotblocker. If it happens, I hope Bud has him defending Kawhi. Bucks are a long team all across the board, which gives every team trouble

GreekSpursfan
05-09-2019, 07:21 PM
I don't think Giannis will guard Kawhi on the perimeter but as always he will wait close to the rim if Kawhi decides to attack it to give help. Giannis will fully guard Kawhi if the plan doesn't work and only then imo.

slick'81
05-09-2019, 07:29 PM
plenty of players are, but Giannis is the only one who's mobile enough and a good enough shotblocker. If it happens, I hope Bud has him defending Kawhi. Bucks are a long team all across the board, which gives every team trouble

Yea bro we all know giannis is a 6'11 sg .Hence fun matchup for sure

RD2191
05-09-2019, 07:48 PM
Philly up early. Looks like this is going 7.

timvp
05-09-2019, 07:56 PM
The Sixers have looked terrible for a while. I thought the Raptors would easily beat them. If the series goes seven, that's not a good sign for Toronto.

Philly probably loses to every team that made the playoffs in the West, tbh.

ace3g
05-09-2019, 07:57 PM
Raptors only down 35-42 now.

MoSpur02
05-09-2019, 08:16 PM
Kawhi just had the ball stolen from him by Butler who took it down for a layup just before the half. Got a lot of joy out of seeing that.

RC_Drunkford
05-09-2019, 08:17 PM
Gotta love how hard Jimmy Butler plays. He always elevates his game in the playoffs. I wish I could say that about anybody on our roster

gilmor2002
05-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Man, this is such a bad game..

MoSpur02
05-09-2019, 08:51 PM
Kawhi just ate leather!!! :eyebrows

MoSpur02
05-09-2019, 08:54 PM
Kawhi just got rejected again by Embiid. :lmao:lmao

MoSpur02
05-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Nephew getting rattled

RD2191
05-09-2019, 08:56 PM
Terrible outing by the Raptors. Might get swept by the Bucks if they make it that far.

daslicer
05-09-2019, 08:58 PM
If Embiid ever overcomes his Ebola I would feel confident about the Sixers chances in game 7.

Fusternino
05-09-2019, 09:00 PM
Just got off a long train ride. Glad to see that punk getting smacked around a bit.

Hoops Czar
05-09-2019, 09:01 PM
Kawhi should change his name to Rent-Free Leonard.

loveforthegame
05-09-2019, 09:05 PM
Another game where Leonard gets no help.

Nurse reverted back to game 1-3 habits and it cost them early on.

Worst defensive game I’ve seen from Green too. Yikes.

loveforthegame
05-09-2019, 09:08 PM
Ibaka and FVV such low IQ players. :lol

Mikeanaro
05-09-2019, 09:21 PM
This shows that shooting 50% doesnt mean shit, that goes for Siakam, Nephew, Lowry.
They played like shit.
26 points on 20 shots while having 8 foodstamps is diarrhea.

loveforthegame
05-09-2019, 09:27 PM
WTF is Nurse doing? Why are the starters still in?

gilmor2002
05-09-2019, 09:29 PM
The more I watched Kawhi plays.. the more I think he has made the wrong move..

He played so much better when he was with the Spurs..

ShutUp SayItAgain!
05-09-2019, 09:30 PM
Why is Kawhi still in? Any chance of an Achilles injury?

gilmor2002
05-09-2019, 09:32 PM
Ibaka is such dumb player..

MoSpur02
05-09-2019, 09:41 PM
Sad to see Jonathon Simmons playing trash minutes

Fusternino
05-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Really goes to show how the slightest difference in body mechanics turns an NBA player into someone who should be out of the league. Simmons has been awful since his wrist injury. He only has 1M guaranteed his final year, right?

DAF86
05-09-2019, 09:53 PM
Sad to see Jonathon Simmons playing trash minutes

He's a scrub bro.

azarel
05-09-2019, 09:56 PM
He's a scrub bro.

a scrub who over values himself...

Dverde
Nephew is basically a mercenary. Not a leader. Just there to get his points and make the right play. He has played this great. Toronto should cheer him after he leaves. He may carry this Lowry-Ibaka team to the WCF.

diego
i love danny, but his performance has dropped quite a bit from the regular season, maybe i missed it but i havent seen him have any big defensive moments either. maybe the toronto medical staff failed to catch a groin strain :lol

vander
05-09-2019, 10:00 PM
Dude is playing too many minutes, and now it's a 7 game series too. Those tendons probably fraying as we speak

DPG21920
05-09-2019, 10:01 PM
Nephew is basically a mercenary. Not a leader. Just there to get his points and make the right play. He has played this great. Toronto should cheer him after he leaves. He may carry this Lowry-Ibaka team to the WCF.

If they somehow get bounced in game 7 (highly unlikely) they will have gone further with DeRozan than Kawhi (as good as Kawhi has played)

gilmor2002
05-09-2019, 10:06 PM
Joel Embiid is +40.. wtf

cool cat
05-09-2019, 10:12 PM
Joel Embiid is +40.. wtf

Raps have no one that can guard him, if he wasn't battling Super AIDS or whatever the series would be over.

daslicer
05-09-2019, 10:25 PM
Raps have no one that can guard him, if he wasn't battling Super AIDS or whatever the series would be over.

Agreed. The one game where he played like his normal self was game 3 and they won that game easily.

azarel
05-09-2019, 10:37 PM
Joel Embiid is +40.. wtf

lol yah i saw that and was wondering if it was glitch by the record keeper. unreal +/- stat...

gilmor2002
05-09-2019, 10:40 PM

He looks more like a WWE wrestler than NBA player..muahaha

TDomination
05-09-2019, 10:45 PM
This was just like us in game 6. We came out strong and won by double digits only to come out super flat game 7. Hopefully the 76ers are ready to play game 7.

DPG21920
05-09-2019, 10:53 PM
No doubt in my mind Kawhi is going to put up 35+ in game 7. The question will be can Lowry/Siakam come along for the ride.

If PHI plays with actual focus and energy it should be a close one no matter what; but their effort has been questionable many times.

timvp
05-09-2019, 10:56 PM
The Sixers are so bad I'll be surprised if it's close in the fourth quarter, tbh.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-09-2019, 11:02 PM
Raptors will destroy them at home. They’ll actually hit open shots at home and the bench will show up.

They’ll lose in 5 to Milwaukee though

cjw
05-09-2019, 11:05 PM
Boban with the -18 in seven minutes tonight. Goes to show they have zero depth behind their core four + Ennis + JJ + Scott. When Mike Scott’s your seventh best player...

Don’t underestimate home court advantage in this series, and this young Philly team feeds off the fans. That won’t be there in game 7.

If Lowry or Siakam show up at all in game 7, it should be a wrap.

99 Problems
05-09-2019, 11:11 PM
Wawa will get them over the line in the 7th but for a team so good in the reg season they are surprisingly trash tbh.

JeffDuncan
05-09-2019, 11:57 PM
There is every chance the Raps' coach Nurse will figure out a way to lose that game 7 at home.

TDMVPDPOY
05-10-2019, 12:00 AM
raptors roster is a bunch of monkey ballers, no efficient shooter on the squad, bunch of a fluke artists

kawhi carrying a bunch of idiots...

Rusty
05-10-2019, 12:22 AM
^

Raptors fans are so pathetic. They continue to defend Marc Gasol and Kyle Lowry even though they play like dogshit the entire series:lol

I can't think of more cucked fanbase than the Raptors.

apalisoc_9
05-10-2019, 12:47 AM
i was mad when pop didnt play jax in that series against okc, he had a solid 4 swingman perimeter on his roster who could score and play above avg defense to keep the other honest on offense, and he didnt even know how t o utilize them properly...i think this was the season the spurs made wcf and loss to the okcrefs team...

No doubt in my mind Kawhi is going to put up 35+ in game 7. The question will be can Lowry/Siakam come along for the ride.

If PHI plays with actual focus and energy it should be a close one no matter what; but their effort has been questionable many times.

Siakam for the most part has contributed well. I am positive he will contribute.

The big issue is Gasol, Lowry. They're atrocious. One good game out of every 3 bad games.

gilmor2002
05-10-2019, 01:06 AM
I don't think this Raptors team can even beat the current Spurs team, sans Murray..

RC_Drunkford
05-10-2019, 04:47 AM
Philly can win in Toronto but they need good Embiid to show up

Harry Callahan
05-10-2019, 05:11 AM
Imagine 2016 Tim duncan and 2017 Tony Parker. That is what you have with Gasol and Lowry right now in the playoffs. Except they have not ever had great success in the playoffs - no skins on the wall.

These two guys for Toronto are just not very good and not viable pieces to build around at all going forward. They both eat up a huge amount of cap space at least for another year.

I would not be shocked to see Nephew break down physically at some point in these playoffs. That would make him 3 for 3 as far as not finishing a season the last three years. Talk about having to carry a heavy load.

RC_Drunkford
05-10-2019, 05:49 AM
Imagine 2016 Tim duncan and 2017 Tony Parker. That is what you have with Gasol and Lowry right now in the playoffs. Except they have not ever had great success in the playoffs - no skins on the wall.

These two guys for Toronto are just not very good and not viable pieces to build around at all going forward. They both eat up a huge amount of cap space at least for another year.

I would not be shocked to see Nephew break down physically at some point in these playoffs. That would make him 3 for 3 as far as not finishing a season the last three years. Talk about having to carry a heavy load.

2017 Tony Parker was great until he ruptured his quad. Outplayed Mike Conley that year. 2017 Parker would shit all over Lowry

TDMVPDPOY
05-10-2019, 06:33 AM
2017 Tony Parker was great until he ruptured his quad. Outplayed Mike Conley that year. 2017 Parker would shit all over Lowry

lowry does some of the stupidest shit on offense, is there a reason for him to take a 3pt 3ft behind the 3pt line? he thinks his curry or someshit, his a low % chucker...

TDMVPDPOY
05-10-2019, 06:38 AM
^

Raptors fans are so pathetic. They continue to defend Marc Gasol and Kyle Lowry even though they play like dogshit the entire series:lol

I can't think of more cucked fanbase than the Raptors.

i have yet seen gasol attempt to block anyone scoring in t he lane this series, he just stands there..

as for ibaka, pass him the ball, dont expect to see it pass out..he will attempt to go for his points

van fleet is a bonafide scrub

Dverde
05-10-2019, 07:17 AM
There is every chance the Raps' coach Nurse will figure out a way to lose that game 7 at home.

Couldn’t the same be said for Brett Brown. Neither are great coaches. Atleast Nurse is a rookie coach.

offset formation
05-10-2019, 07:51 AM
The series comes down to Embiid and Simmons, end of story.. They've been the wildcard in every game. Kawhi and Siakam have been good to great in every game. Butler has been also. If Embid plays well and Simmons even plays decent, Philly should win.

RD2191
05-10-2019, 08:53 AM
I just don't trust Eastern conference basketball, they're all pretenders imo. Any team that comes out of the East will get wrecked by the Western conference champs.

GreekSpursfan
05-10-2019, 09:15 AM
Having seen all the teams, the Bucks look the best overall, the Warriors have the biggest ceiling with Durant of course. Without Durant i don't see how we don't get a battle of the MVPs in the finals,Giannis vs Harden. That would be the continuation of the story this whole season.

Brazil
05-10-2019, 09:24 AM
Just checked the box score gasol + ibaka 6 rebounds in 47 mn :lol

exstatic
05-10-2019, 09:26 AM
Having seen all the teams, the Bucks look the best overall, the Warriors have the biggest ceiling with Durant of course. Without Durant i don't see how we don't get a battle of the MVPs in the finals,Giannis vs Harden. That would be the continuation of the story this whole season.

When the chips are down, Harden won't come through. He'll either throw up bricks or pass to other players. He's almost more of a beta than KD.

Brazil
05-10-2019, 09:27 AM

If Durant don't come back, they are fucked imo.. this serie against Houston is wearing them down big time... curry, klay and green are playing 44 mn per game and tosb iguodala 30 mn... if they make it to wcf they better sweep the serie with ease

GreekSpursfan
05-10-2019, 03:52 PM
When the chips are down, Harden won't come through. He'll either throw up bricks or pass to other players. He's almost more of a beta than KD.

So you think he will choke against the Durantless Warriors?

GreekSpursfan
05-10-2019, 03:56 PM
If Durant don't come back, they are fucked imo.. this serie against Houston is wearing them down big time... curry, klay and green are playing 44 mn per game and tosb iguodala 30 mn... if they make it to wcf they better sweep the serie with ease

If the Warriors without Durant beat Houston, Harden's reputation will take the biggest hit it could possibly get unless he balls but has no help which i don't anticipate.

GusT15
05-10-2019, 04:58 PM

Well he did choke against the Nephew less Spurs two years ago.2-11 FG,10pts,6 TOs.

GreekSpursfan
05-10-2019, 05:13 PM
Well he did choke against the Nephew less Spurs two years ago.2-11 FG,10pts,6 TOs.

I hope he does but i don't think he will. I think everything is aligning for a Giannis vs Harden mutch up. Everything is possible though, even a Sixers vs Nuggets tbh.

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-10-2019, 05:47 PM
The Rockets are gonna choke tonight

Mikeanaro
05-10-2019, 06:26 PM
I dont think they are gonna choke, but if they do it will be a choke for the history records, another second round exit and CP3 being slow injury prone and short becomes the new patty mills for the next season.

Nathan89
05-10-2019, 07:07 PM
I just don't trust Eastern conference basketball, they're all pretenders imo. Any team that comes out of the East will get wrecked by the Western conference champs.

Only if the team coming out of the West is GSW.

Nathan89
05-10-2019, 07:09 PM

Talking about GSW with 3 all-stars? Impossible. I've never seen a team win with so little talent.

apalisoc_9
05-12-2019, 12:39 AM
So any of you all buy a Sixers jersey for game 7?

TD 21
05-12-2019, 02:10 PM
So any of you all buy a Sixers jersey for game 7?

I'd be stunned if the 76ers won this game. I'm sure you and your cadre of alts will be on post game celebrating/trolling as if the Raptors won the championship and making scumbag out to be a hero (what happened to their roster being well constructed?), but the reality is, the Raptors should be borderline embarrased to be going to a game 7 with the 76ers (particularly considering Embiid's diminished health).

Since I was resigned months ago to the Raptors at least making the Conference-Finals (once it became clear that the Celtics were not going to be a serious threat), I don't really care so much today . . . but after this, I'm all in on the Bucks and if necessary, the Warriors.

timvp
05-12-2019, 02:26 PM
The Sixers are one of the worst teams to get out of the first round in recent memory. I'd be shocked if they even put up a fight today.

slick'81
05-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Id love for the sixers to embarass kawhi .its gonna take a colossal choke from lowry but its possible

apalisoc_9
05-12-2019, 03:24 PM
I'd be stunned if the 76ers won this game. I'm sure you and your cadre of alts will be on post game celebrating/trolling as if the Raptors won the championship and making scumbag out to be a hero (what happened to their roster being well constructed?), but the reality is, the Raptors should be borderline embarrased to be going to a game 7 with the 76ers (particularly considering Embiid's diminished health).

Since I was resigned months ago to the Raptors at least making the Conference-Finals (once it became clear that the Celtics were not going to be a serious threat), I don't really care so much today . . . but after this, I'm all in on the Bucks and if necessary, the Warriors.

The Sixers are one of the worst teams to get out of the first round in recent memory. I'd be shocked if they even put up a fight today.

Disgaree.

Fit is an issue but the sixers is one of the better eastern conference semi finalist in recent memory. In the RS, they dominated teams with Butler at the point.

RD2191
05-12-2019, 03:39 PM
Sixers would probably sweep this garbage ass spurs team tbh

SpurPadre
05-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Go Philadelphia Spurs! Beat the forces of evil tonight! You owe it to Pop, Brett!

RD2191
05-12-2019, 04:56 PM
Go Philadelphia Spurs! Beat the forces of evil tonight! You owe it to Pop, Brett!

Stupid ass Brett could've had Kawhi tbh

SpurPadre
05-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Stupid ass Brett could've had Kawhi tbh

If he beats him tonight, then it was the right move. Fuck that bitch, tbh.

RC_Drunkford
05-12-2019, 05:24 PM

that's not true, especially in the East where Cleveland was the best team for years while not even having real competition. The top 4 east teams haven't been this good in a minute

r0drig0lac
05-12-2019, 05:29 PM
76ers is certainly the second most talented starting five in the league, they have more chances against Bucks / GSW than the raptors

slick'81
05-12-2019, 05:30 PM
that's not true, especially in the East where Cleveland was the best team for years while not even having real competition. The top 4 east teams haven't been this good in a minute

Sixers are legit af but they ran into kawhi

RD2191
05-12-2019, 05:56 PM
If he beats him tonight, then it was the right move. Fuck that bitch, tbh.

He won't tbh

apalisoc_9
05-12-2019, 06:00 PM
Any chance this goes to 1000 pages

apalisoc_9
05-12-2019, 06:06 PM
I suspect if they raps reach finals this would be a 500 page thread. Is that an ST record?

timvp
05-12-2019, 06:18 PM
The Sixers are so bad :lol

BackHome
05-12-2019, 06:54 PM
Looks like KY needs Daboom and TGY to help him wipe his ass game 7 on the line.

slick'81
05-12-2019, 06:56 PM
Go sixers!

RD2191
05-12-2019, 06:59 PM
Kawhi getting zero help.

r0drig0lac
05-12-2019, 07:02 PM
sick move

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 07:31 PM
What an awful game of bball from both teams tbh. Pathetic display.

Keepin' it real
05-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Leanord choking in the 3rd.

loveforthegame
05-12-2019, 07:39 PM
Siakim, Lowry, and Gasol all hesitating or passing up shots. Scared. :lol

Leonard forcing some but at least he’s fucking trying.

Fusternino
05-12-2019, 07:40 PM
Garbage game.

Leetonidas
05-12-2019, 07:41 PM
Nephew with 21 pts on 27 shots so far

05-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Kawhi chucking for his life

RD2191
05-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Kawhi carrying scrubs per usual.

r0drig0lac
05-12-2019, 07:51 PM
bad game Kawhi >>> better than all other players on the court ....ugly game

gambit1990
05-12-2019, 08:07 PM
go raps.

Budkin
05-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Kawhi coming through in the clutch.

loveforthegame
05-12-2019, 08:12 PM
Bucks going to have a field day with either team.

DPG21920
05-12-2019, 08:18 PM
Siakam for the most part has contributed well. I am positive he will contribute.

The big issue is Gasol, Lowry. They're atrocious. One good game out of every 3 bad games.

Siakam was basically a no show

loveforthegame
05-12-2019, 08:20 PM
Leonard gassed.

Disappointed mostly in Siakim, no show.

FkLA
05-12-2019, 08:21 PM
Cold blooded motherfucker. Baby Jordan.

loveforthegame
05-12-2019, 08:22 PM
Lowry hustle play.

DPG21920
05-12-2019, 08:23 PM

Shocker.

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 08:28 PM
The conditioning of both teams is shocking, Bucks are the clear favorites imo.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Some things never change for Kawhi, choking per par int he clutch

loveforthegame
Missed fits. :lol

Spurs 4 The Win
FUCK YOU KAWHITTER, FUCK YOU BITCH, STILL A CHOKING PIECE OF SHIT. GAME 6 2013 AND NOW THIS.

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 08:32 PM
Kawhi why did you have to remind us 2013 again, why?

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 08:33 PM
He did iiiiiiiiiit

loveforthegame
OMG.

Budkin
Kah-win at the buzzer

r0drig0lac
best player in the world

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 08:34 PM
For a few minutes here i forget that i hate him

apalisoc_9
:hungry:

Keepin' it real
Pop just spit out his chardonnay.

tbdog
best player in the world

Fuckin Dennis.

ZeusWillJudge
Kawhi just drained his own version of the Memorial Day Miracle. Dayum.

DAF86
Such bullshit :lol

Spurs fever
05-12-2019, 08:35 PM
Damn

timvp
05-12-2019, 08:35 PM
Good shot, Neph :tu

BatManu20
05-12-2019, 08:36 PM
Fuck me :lol

Immortal Spur
fook

BatManu20
Ridiculous shot though. Shooter’s touch

timtonymanu
Let’s go Milwaukee!

RD2191
SUCK IT BITCHES!!!!! SUCK IT LONG AND HARD!!!! KLAW MOTHER FUCKERS!!!! WHERE DEM HATERS AT?!?!?!?

Immortal Spur
05-12-2019, 08:37 PM
my heart "still hurts"

TDMVPDPOY
lol spurstalks...salty bitter faggots

testies
it was better to get rid of pop and whole front office rather than kawhi

its a players league, coaching is overrated

DPG21920
05-12-2019, 08:38 PM
What a moment. What a shot. Hats off. TOR has no one but Kawhi really huh. Super hero effort. If he leaves, they are toast.

Genovaswitness
05-12-2019, 08:38 PM
at least we have demar. who’s the fucking idiot retard who made the mural

ECOV
05-12-2019, 08:39 PM
SUCK IT BITCHES!!!!! SUCK IT LONG AND HARD!!!! KLAW MOTHER FUCKERS!!!! WHERE DEM HATERS AT?!?!?!?

Miss me with that bullshit

r0drig0lac
it was better to get rid of pop and whole front office rather than kawhi

its a players league, coaching is overrated

Keepin' it real
lol spurstalks...salty bitter faggots

https://learnenglishwithdemi.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

RD2191
05-12-2019, 08:40 PM
Miss me with that bullshit

Stay low mother fucker. Naw I'm jk :lol

HarlemHeat37
Damn, one of the greatest shots of all-time..

GreekSpursfan
Embiid lost the game more than Kawhi won it. Having a big body like that go to waste by hanging around on the perimeter. Very bad game all around by both teams. If coach Bud is who we think he is, Bucks going to the finals.

timvp
What a beast. It's amazing to think how far he's come since his rookie season.

Awesome job, Kawhi.

Congrats.

DPG21920
05-12-2019, 08:41 PM

Pretty sick, but it was for the ECF not the finals and it was vs a pretty meh PHI team. Big shot though.

soxxx
Can't really hate, that was one of the best shots in game 7 history, maybe the best.

RD2191
Good shit by Kawhi. Now to get destroyed by the Bucks. :lol

tbdog

And the real winner is Dennis. He is seeing the commercials, the branding, then $$$$ in California.

Immortal Spur
we traded this generations michael jordon for a role playing big, a fake all star, and a late first... dam son. gn

Leetonidas
What a shot. What a game. Some nice basketball this Sunday tbh. Nephew is gonna have issues with the bucks who are a much better team than Philadelphia imo

Genovaswitness
Embiid lost the game more than Kawhi won it. Having a big body like that go to waste by hanging around on the perimeter. Very bad game all around by both teams. If coach Bud is who we think he is, Bucks going to the finals.

scoreboard. legendary shot.

DPG21920

ISO Jimmy is what did it. PHI is a pretty low focus/mental sharpness team. Some physical talent but so many other flaws.

td4mvp2k
Ujiri **** the spurs

IronMaxipad
05-12-2019, 08:42 PM
:lol

TDMVPDPOY
raptors is basically a 1man team... kawhi had to go kobhi chucking up 39 shots for 41pts?

ECOV
Stay low mother fucker. Naw I'm jk :lol

Nah I'm always high

james evans
05-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Derozan is still better.

gambit1990
05-12-2019, 08:43 PM
if demar kills himself tonight then his contract will be off the books.

RD2191
05-12-2019, 08:44 PM
if demar kills himself tonight then his contract will be off the books.

:lmao

r0drig0lac
05-12-2019, 08:45 PM
Derozan is still better.

https://media.giphy.com/media/YHYmMLkOmqoo/giphy.gif

vander
05-12-2019, 08:45 PM
All that tanking really worked out for Philly, are they going to keep Butler and Harris?

Capt Bringdown
05-12-2019, 08:46 PM
My team traded away the franchise and I all got was this shitty DeRozan.

FkLA
05-12-2019, 08:46 PM
:lol Some of you are setting yourself up to fail. He's not magically going to stop being great. He's the next Jordan. Don't go into a game expecting to see him fail, it's not going to happen. Either don't watch the games or be prepared for this shit feeling of "wow we had the next Jordan and he got away".

SpurPadre
05-12-2019, 08:47 PM
Kawhi is still a faggot and won't ring this year. Go get him Giannis!

MultiTroll
Pretty sure he just locked up millions of $$$ with that shot.
Lose in OT, the doubt birds come out.
Now, some GM and owner with think he is max material.

james evans
My team traded away the franchise and I all got was this shitty DeRozan.
Surely the great Popovich will make him better. He made Kawhi and Duncan.

daslicer
05-12-2019, 08:48 PM
:lol We got two more shots at this with the Bucks and Warriors.

Philthemage
05-12-2019, 08:49 PM
https://youtu.be/IPNzd_2ifKE

Wow. Same shot that Vince missed back in 2001, same circumstances vs Philly.

TDMVPDPOY
05-12-2019, 08:49 PM
lol those patfo suckers, still believing in their bs culture

SpurPadre
05-12-2019, 08:50 PM
:lol Some of you are setting yourself up to fail. He's not magically going to stop being great. He's the next Jordan. Don't go into a game expecting to see him fail, it's not going to happen. Either don't watch the games or be prepared for this shit feeling of "wow we had the next Jordan and he got away".

Jordan played in a game despite having a 102 degree fever while staving off malaria. This faggot would miss a game for a mosquito bite. Don't ever compare the two again tbh.

GreekSpursfan
ISO Jimmy is what did it. PHI is a pretty low focus/mental sharpness team. Some physical talent but so many other flaws.

Agreed but even so, Embiid down low doesn't have anyone in the world to stop him but either because of health(knees) or because he's indeed soft, he doesn't want to bang down low. He lost a few massive rebounds from Ibaka for that reason alone imo.

r0drig0lac
:lol We got two more shots at this with the Bucks and Warriors.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

212094ever
05-12-2019, 08:51 PM
As long as the Golden Showers don't ring

gameFACE
05-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Did Kawhi hit a game winner or something? Looks like he’s having fun.

Barfunk
05-12-2019, 08:52 PM
Crazy how beloved Kawhi is now.

UZER
05-12-2019, 08:53 PM
Pop traded Kawhi for Patty and Pau. :lol

GreekSpursfan

Very bad comparison for one of the luckiest shots ever and a very pathetic display of iso bball from both teams with bricks everywhere, but he made the shot, whatever.

lefty
:lol

99 Problems
STOP PRESS: Spurs make East Conference Final.

Mikeanaro
05-12-2019, 08:54 PM
Fuck that piece of shit, had a terrible game and was saved by a lucky shot.
He was the main reason Tor was going to lose the game by bricking that last FT.

HarlemHeat37
05-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Milwaukee will kill the Raptors, so at least Spurs fans can celebrate in 2 weeks:lol

daslicer
05-12-2019, 08:59 PM
Ugliest game winning playoff shot I have seen since the Alan Houston game winner back in '99 against the Heat.

ZeusWillJudge
05-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Kawhi shot a shit 41%, even with having a great 4th quarter. All the rest of the Philly starters were in the 30%'s. Danny shot 33.3% and Lowry shot 31%. I want to say that they won't go any farther shooting like that. But Portland won today with Lillard shooting 17.6%

TDMVPDPOY
05-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Fuck that piece of shit, had a terrible game and was saved by a lucky shot.
He was the main reason Tor was going to lose the game by bricking that last FT.

39 shots for 41pts...he had some kobi moments taking stupid fade away bricks

he had to continue shooting since he was the only guy not afraid to shoot...siakram, green both disappeared in this game, they lucky they had a 2nd scorer to step up in ibaka even with his dumb defensive plays, he scored when they needed a basket of 2nd chance opportunities...

DPG21920
05-12-2019, 09:07 PM
TOR is in so much trouble when Kawhi leaves. We are seeing what they really are and it’s all Kawhi. Regular season, they are built well defensively and that wins a ton of games. But man, they have no bench and Lowry/Siakam need to grow way more.

But :lmao at all these stupid teams that screwed themselves by not trading for Kawhi. How you don’t come with everything you got, despite what Kawhi’s camp is saying, is beyond me. All the teams that didn’t trade (BOS, PHI, LA) are at home crying.

Uriel
05-12-2019, 09:08 PM
Shouldn't we be cheering for Toronto to ring this year? So Kawhi stays with Raptors and doesn't go to the West?

skin27
05-12-2019, 09:08 PM
Kawhobe

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 09:09 PM
39 shots for 41pts...he had some kobi moments taking stupid fade away bricks

he had to continue shooting since he was the only guy not afraid to shoot...siakram, green both disappeared in this game, they lucky they had a 2nd scorer to step up in ibaka even with his dumb defensive plays, he scored when they needed a basket of 2nd chance opportunities...

That last phrase is the entire game for the Sixers, not Kawhi. 2nd chance opportunities because Embiid could get in position to secure the rebound. Embiid lost this game plain and simple.

TheGoatishere
05-12-2019, 09:10 PM
41 points on 39 shots and y’all sucking the shit outta him :lmao

daslicer
05-12-2019, 09:11 PM
Shouldn't we be cheering for Toronto to ring this year? So Kawhi stays with Raptors and doesn't go to the West?

No because he's going to the Clippers regardless of whether or not the Raptors win a championship.

LkrFan
05-12-2019, 09:12 PM
TOR is in so much trouble when Kawhi leaves. We are seeing what they really are and it’s all Kawhi. Regular season, they are built well defensively and that wins a ton of games. But man, they have no bench and Lowry/Siakam need to grow way more.

But :lmao at all these stupid teams that screwed themselves by not trading for Kawhi. How you don’t come with everything you got, despite what Kawhi’s camp is saying, is beyond me. All the teams that didn’t trade (BOS, PHI, LA) are at home crying.

Pop. Will. Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Trade. With. The. Lakers.PERIOD :lol

daslicer
05-12-2019, 09:12 PM
41 points on 39 shots and y’all sucking the shit outta him :lmao

His game reminded me of Kobe's 8-24 performance in game 7 against the Celtics. The Lakers won that game due to getting a ton of offensive rebounds and the same was the case with the Raptors. Sixers just choked super hard in this game.

Capt Bringdown
05-12-2019, 09:14 PM
1st buzzer beater in game 7 history.
Leonard owns it.

FkLA
05-12-2019, 09:14 PM
Jordan played in a game despite having a 102 degree fever while staving off malaria. This faggot would miss a game for a mosquito bite. Don't ever compare the two again tbh.

It was a power move to get out of SA and fuck us over. I hate him too, but he's not soft and you're not ever going to get the satisfaction of watching him have a DeRozan/LMA type meltdown in the playoffs--hes too good.

Very bad comparison for one of the luckiest shots ever and a very pathetic display of iso bball from both teams with bricks everywhere, but he made the shot, whatever.

You must've missed the part where he was shooting 70%. He willed them to the ECF today. Yeah, he had 40 FGAs but his #2 wasn't shooting.

CGD
05-12-2019, 09:15 PM

But Boston has Assets!!!

Meanwhile Kyrie is out the door, Hayward is a top 3 bad deal, hortford will bail on them, and Ainge will still only offer Rosier+Smart+Kings pick for AD.

After brown and Tatum each had down years, looking like idiots for not dealing them for Kawhi.

But those assets!!!

CGD
05-12-2019, 09:17 PM
Leonard owns it.

Remarkable.

Best player in th league right now tbh

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2019, 09:18 PM

There is no reason for him to stay in Toronto, ringing don't mean shit to him cause he already has a ring.

timvp
05-12-2019, 09:21 PM
The Sixers are a damn bad team, though, let's not lose sight of that. The Spurs probably could have beat them. They're talented but the fit is bad, their team-wide IQ is below sea level and they run some of the simplest plays in the league (hell, in the fourth they ran about three successful plays total).

Still, great moment for Kawhi. Great shot. I'm happy for him, tbh.

Complicated situation; wasn't totally his fault. Still a good guy who really only cares about playing basketball and playing it well.

r0drig0lac
https://twitter.com/DejounteMurray/status/1127748563679756288
well...

https://twitter.com/mikecwright/status/1127755603743518720

apalisoc_9
Not even Kobe would have the audacity to shoot 39 times in a game 7 though. That was some next level.

I'm the team shit :lol

bic50
05-12-2019, 09:23 PM
Toronto going to throw everything at Kawhi to keep him

GreekSpursfan
Kawhi is a Clipper people. There is no way Jerry West and uncle haven't already closed the deal.

DPG21920
But Boston has Assets!!!

Meanwhile Kyrie is out the door, Hayward is a top 3 bad deal, hortford will bail on them, and Ainge will still only offer Rosier+Smart+Kings pick for AD.

After brown and Tatum each had down years, looking like idiots for not dealing them for Kawhi.

But those assets!!!

PHI is even worse IMO. BOS at least made a ECF and had Kyrie/Hayward coming back. PHI had done nothing, their window was easily the most dicey to do Embiid health and question marks around Simmons. They had a chance to get Kawhi and instead let TOR do it while he knocks them out :lol

DPG21920
05-12-2019, 09:25 PM
Not even Kobe would have the audacity to shoot 39 times in a game 7 though. That was some next level.

I'm the team shit :lol

Seriously - it was a beast performance. He’s been simply amazing. Your boy Siakam though..

timvp
I'm so glad the Spurs aren't the team that has to max out Tobias Harris.

DeRozan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tobias

DPG21920
The Sixers are a damn bad team, though, let's not lose sight of that. The Spurs probably could have beat them. They're talented but the fit is bad, their team-wide IQ is below sea level and they run some of the simplest plays in the league (hell, in the fourth they ran about three successful plays total).

Still, great moment for Kawhi. Great shot. I'm happy for him, tbh.

Complicated situation; wasn't totally his fault. Still a good guy who really only cares about playing basketball and playing it well.

Imagine saying no to Kawhi but dumping assets for Jimmy Butler and Harris :lmao

Spursy18
05-12-2019, 09:26 PM
PHI is even worse IMO. BOS at least made a ECF and had Kyrie/Hayward coming back. PHI had done nothing, their window was easily the most dicey to do Embiid health and question marks around Simmons. They had a chance to get Kawhi and instead let TOR do it while he knocks them out :lol
I also think Boston will end up being a big loser out of the Kawhi sweepstakes when they Kyrie walk and they whiff on AD and, as it turns out, Tatum/Jaylen are nothing special..

timvp
05-12-2019, 09:28 PM
Imagine saying no to Kawhi but dumping assets for Jimmy Butler and Harris :lmao

Yeah, we were all saying it was dumb at the time. To be fair, Kawhi's value had plummeted due to all the shenanigans and it had to be difficult for teams to assess WTF was going on.

But still, break the bank for the worst type of player (players you have to max but aren't really worth the max) but not for a legit superstar? Really dumb. Ah, well.

DPG21920
05-12-2019, 09:28 PM
Toronto going to throw everything at Kawhi to keep him

There is nothing they can do, Bic. It’s over. The only thing they have is extra money. You don’t burn a franchise like SA and leave money on the table just to stay in............Toronto. Especially when you see their roster is not that great overall with very little hope for internal improvements other than Siakam.

He’s going to LA.

UZER
05-12-2019, 09:29 PM
Leonard owns it.

At least he got to take the shot. We all know if that was the Spurs with Kawhi, Pop would’ve drawn up the play for Mr. Spurs culture Mills. :lol

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 09:30 PM
I'm so glad the Spurs aren't the team that has to max out Tobias Harris.

DeRozan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tobias

Yeah but now we are stuck with untradeable Derozan for two more seasons but Tobias would be gone and we would at least had cap space. Some times when you can't get picks or very talented players, cap space is the next best thing.

DPG21920
05-12-2019, 09:30 PM
Yeah, we were all saying it was dumb at the time. To be fair, Kawhi's value had plummeted due to all the shenanigans and it had to be difficult for teams to assess WTF was going on.

But still, break the bank for the worst type of player (players you have to max but aren't really worth the max) but not for a legit superstar? Really dumb. Ah, well.

Yup - but it’s Kawhi. You can’t over pay for that type of player. Just sucks because it killed both SA and them. Everyone tried to leverage SA vs just making the deal for one of the best 3 players in the nba which rarely ever happens. Stupidity.

Like walking away from your dream home because you think the owner has to sell and offering them 50 cents on the dollar vs just the 80 cents it would have taken to get it done.

timvp
05-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Yeah but now we are stuck with untradeable Derozan for two more seasons but Tobias would be gone and we would at least had cap space. Some times when you can't get picks or very talented players, cap space is the next best thing.

You trade for Tobias as the headliner, you're going to have to sign him. And he'd command the max. Then your franchise is toast for a half decade.